PDA

View Full Version : Gelcoat fix in LA???

slingingsmoke
08-26-2006, 12:05 PM
anyone know of anyone in Cali that does good gel coat.
I got a buddy w/ an '02 Laser that has a 12" scrape into the color of the bow by a nail from a loading dock.
Thanks guys..
JON.

burtandnancy
08-26-2006, 12:47 PM
Pats Fiberglass - Upland

Wavemaker
08-26-2006, 01:31 PM
Try Abstract Fiberglass at 7022 Canby Avenue, Reseda, CA. Phone 818-342-4814. Is located on Canby, one block south of Sherman Way, one block east of Reseda Blvd. I have not required their services however friends have had their gel coat damage and color matching repairs done their. Excellent results. I have visited their shop to see for myself their operation. A very good shop for fibreglass replairs and color matching. Good luck with your repairs. Let the boards know how this turns out for you.
Waveamaker

Old Man Havasu
08-26-2006, 01:39 PM
Pats Fiberglass - Upland
I've seen Pat's work on my neighbors boat. and it was first class. Hallett in Irwidale did a touch up on my 270 and it came out sweet.
I will probably give Pat's a try next time as it's close by.

Havasu_Dreamin
08-26-2006, 02:07 PM
You can also go back to Laser and I would think they would be willing to fix it. I know when we had a gouge in the gel in our Essex we took it to them and it was matched perfectly since they had the original color.

burtandnancy
08-26-2006, 02:46 PM
Old Man Hav, yes Hallett does excellent work - on Halletts. Their work is always perfect as is the gel in their boats. But once up a time I had another brand of boat and Don at Pats Fiberglass did an outstanding job. I saw Don this week and for the first time in many years, he is caught up and looking for more work...