PDA

View Full Version : Finally the dodge is DONE

Eliminator 4 Life
08-26-2006, 01:50 PM
Well here are some pics of the truck finally.. Tell me what you guys think. Thanks E4L

Nokomis
08-26-2006, 01:54 PM
Nice looking truck!

Eliminator 4 Life
08-26-2006, 01:57 PM
Nice looking truck!
Thanks I was really nervous how it would turn it but I like the outcome :cool:

superdave013
08-26-2006, 02:00 PM
Hey that looks really nice.
If by chance when you get some time could you snap a pic of the new front brake lines. Just the part where the hose hooks to the hardline up on the frame.

Eliminator 4 Life
08-26-2006, 02:01 PM
Hey that looks really nice.
If by chance when you get some time could you snap a pic of the new front brake lines. Just the part where the hose hooks to the hardline up on the frame.
driver side or passanger side

rvrtoy
08-26-2006, 02:02 PM
You are gonna love those Open Country tires. I have had them on my Excursion for 2 years and they are awesome. Good tire wear and quiet. truck looks good.

Eliminator 4 Life
08-26-2006, 02:05 PM
You are gonna love those Open Country tires. I have had them on my Excursion for 2 years and they are awesome. Good tire wear and quiet. truck looks good.
I have had open countrys on the last 6 vehicles I have owned since 2003 I love them and like you said good wear and quiet.. Thanks

Eliminator 4 Life
08-26-2006, 02:09 PM
SUPER DAVE you gonna hook it up with some SWEET brake lines :cool:

andy01
08-26-2006, 02:15 PM
What size are the wheels and make. Truck looks great not to big not to small just right.
Hows it drive? What size lift.
Andy

Eliminator 4 Life
08-26-2006, 02:19 PM
What size are the wheels and make. Truck looks great not to big not to small just right.
Hows it drive? What size lift.
Andy
Well Andy I really wanted to do a 20x10 but the kmc hoss only came in 20x9 so that is what I got the tires is a 305/55/20 which is like a 33x12.50x20 and I ended up going with the 6 inch superlift. I wanted the belsteins (sp) shocks but they are on back order WYRD says they make an icredible difference so as soon as they come in they will be on it. I really am suprosed how well it rides it is not as stiff as it was stock so far so good and thanks for the positive feedback :cool:

djunkie
08-26-2006, 02:20 PM
But its still a Dodge. :crossx: :crossx:

Eliminator 4 Life
08-26-2006, 02:22 PM
And you still havent sold you pebble beach golf cart :crossx:

RitcheyRch
08-26-2006, 02:23 PM
Looks good. :)

riverbound
08-26-2006, 02:24 PM
Well Andy I really wanted to do a 20x10 but the kmc hoss only came in 20x9 so that is what I got the tires is a 305/55/20 which is like a 33x12.50x20 and I ended up going with the 6 inch superlift. I wanted the belsteins (sp) shocks but they are on back order WYRD says they make an icredible difference so as soon as they come in they will be on it. I really am suprosed how well it rides it is not as stiff as it was stock so far so good and thanks for the positive feedback :cool:
The Bilsteins are the way to go. I had them on my F350 and my Dodge (that I ahd a long time ago) and they made a huge difference.

Aqua Boogie1
08-26-2006, 02:25 PM
Looks good Rob!!!!

djunkie
08-26-2006, 02:26 PM
And you still havent sold you pebble beach golf cart :crossx:
If I really wantted it gone that bad it would be.

locogringo
08-26-2006, 02:28 PM
very well done. Looks nice.
Just my opinionated question but was there room for bigger tires? Looks like there is alot of room between the wheelwells.
I do like it though.

superdave013
08-26-2006, 02:31 PM
SUPER DAVE you gonna hook it up with some SWEET brake lines :cool:
Hey thanks, looks alot different then the last dodge I saw. That one was a 1/2 ton. I'm thinking yours is a 3/4 or 1 ton. Your lines don't look to be to short really. I could make those in braided pretty easy but would have to order those brackets that are on the hose. Or just zip tie 'em. I will get some of those brackets just to have 'em around. Thanks for the photos, they did help.
My book has most of the old stuff but is pretty thin on the late model trucks. So when ever I get the chance to scope 'em out I do.

Eliminator 4 Life
08-26-2006, 02:31 PM
very well done. Looks nice.
Just my opinionated question but was there room for bigger tires? Looks like there is alot of room between the wheelwells.
I do like it though.
I asked the same question but my buddy owns the shop he told me to leave these ones. But I thought maybe a lil bigger to on the tires. I also think the back needs to come down just a tad..
Thanks for all the positive feed back. Makes me feel good about it..

beaverretriever
08-26-2006, 02:41 PM
Black wheels OWN... Looks awesome man.

Eliminator 4 Life
08-26-2006, 02:59 PM
Hey thanks, looks alot different then the last dodge I saw. That one was a 1/2 ton. I'm thinking yours is a 3/4 or 1 ton. Your lines don't look to be to short really. I could make those in braided pretty easy but would have to order those brackets that are on the hose. Or just zip tie 'em. I will get some of those brackets just to have 'em around. Thanks for the photos, they did help.
My book has most of the old stuff but is pretty thin on the late model trucks. So when ever I get the chance to scope 'em out I do.
Yea its a 2500 and the truck is a 2006. Im sure the new lines arent cheap but it would clean it up..

Eliminator 4 Life
08-26-2006, 03:00 PM
Black wheels OWN... Looks awesome man.
Love the screen name and thanks for the compliments

superdave013
08-26-2006, 03:10 PM
Yea its a 2500 and the truck is a 2006. Im sure the new lines arent cheap but it would clean it up..
Off the top of my head I'd say they would be in around 70 ~ 75 bucks for the pair. Maybe a little more or less. They look pretty long. Anyway could do them in stainless braid with a protective covering over them. That comes in a few colors so we could prolly match you shocks or springs or what ever. If you did the rear one at the same time you would notice a firmer brake pedal too.

Eliminator 4 Life
08-26-2006, 03:17 PM
Off the top of my head I'd say they would be in around 70 ~ 75 bucks for the pair. Maybe a little more or less. They look pretty long. Anyway could do them in stainless braid with a protective covering over them. That comes in a few colors so we could prolly match you shocks or springs or what ever. If you did the rear one at the same time you would notice a firmer brake pedal too.
Thats pretty cheap. I will have to give you a call.

Eliminator 4 Life
08-26-2006, 03:18 PM
Looks good Rob!!!!
Thanks Man now can I get that chick in your avatar to cum wash it :)

cc322
08-26-2006, 03:24 PM
Looks good but I would have thought at least a 35" tire witha 6" lift. There defentialy looks like there is room for more rubber. I think after a while you will go up in size, at least thats what happened to be. None the less looks good....... ...Dodge it...or Ram it.. :wink:

ULTRA28
08-26-2006, 08:39 PM
Looks great Rob. The black wheels look good.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17015

Brian
08-26-2006, 08:50 PM
Yeah it's really a shame that the Dodge has hands down the strongest motor in the class, best frame, best axles, best suspension, best overall engineering. You ever look underneath a Dodge? Puts a Ford or Chebby to shame. I've had 'em all and the Dodge was the best IMO. I also like the Dodge interior the best. Not quite as many bells & whistles as the others but the layout and feel of the controls is a step above for sure. Overall handling of the truck was the best as well. I truly believe the Daimler/Chrysler merger was a very good thing for the American company. I own a Ford now but ONLY because they have the only large SUV with a diesel. If Dodge had an SUV with the Cummins there'd be one in my garage...
:cool:

riverbound
08-26-2006, 09:26 PM
Yeah it's really a shame that the Dodge has hands down the strongest motor in the class, best frame, best axles, best suspension, best overall engineering. You ever look underneath a Dodge? Puts a Ford or Chebby to shame. I've had 'em all and the Dodge was the best IMO. I also like the Dodge interior the best. Not quite as many bells & whistles as the others but the layout and feel of the controls is a step above for sure. Overall handling of the truck was the best as well. I truly believe the Daimler/Chrysler merger was a very good thing for the American company. I own a Ford now but ONLY because they have the only large SUV with a diesel. If Dodge had an SUV with the Cummins there'd be one in my garage...
I love how you left out their POS tranny, (the reason I got rid of mine). The best over all truck really is a Chevy (this coming from a Ford guy).
Chevy= best ride
Ford=quality of build
Dodge= best motor

Brian
08-26-2006, 09:32 PM
I love how you left out their POS tranny, (the reason I got rid of mine). The best over all truck really is a Chevy (this coming from a Ford guy).
Chevy= best ride
Ford=quality of build
Dodge= best motor
You must be referring the the auto... OK I'll give ya that one! I had the 6-spd NV 5600 - totally bullet proof even at stupid power levels but not most people's preference.

riverbound
08-26-2006, 09:41 PM
You must be referring the the auto... OK I'll give ya that one! I had the 6-spd NV 5600 - totally bullet proof even at stupid power levels but not most people's preference.
LOL.....the only way I would order another Dodge is with that tranny. In fact when I bought my F-350 I tried to order a manual, but they wouldnt let me :(
A Ford trcuk with the chevy interior and a cummins and an allison would be the perfect truck.

TRUMP TIGHT
08-26-2006, 09:44 PM
LOL.....the only way I would order another Dodge is with that tranny. In fact when I bought my F-350 I tried to order a manual, but they wouldnt let me :(
A Ford trcuk with the chevy interior and a cummins and an allison would be the perfect truck.
Chevy interior?
I love my Ford interior and dont know anyone but you that would rather have a Chevy interior then a Ford!

Brian
08-26-2006, 09:47 PM
...A Ford trcuk with the chevy interior and a cummins and an allison would be the perfect truck.
Now that could sell! Although, the $80k price tag might scare some people off... :D

riverbound
08-26-2006, 09:50 PM
Now that could sell! Although, the $80k price tag might scare some people off... :D
LOL
The closest we could come to that tow rig, is this.
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17033&stc=1

YeLLowBoaT
08-26-2006, 09:54 PM
There is a old saying that I have found to be true.
If you want a truck to ride around in get a chevy.
If you want a truck to work get a ford.
__________________________________________________ ___________
Dodge has always hads it's probs when it came to its truck. There was always on thing or anohter that made it not even a maybe. I beleave that Daimler buying out Chrysler is the best thing that has ever happend to the Dodge truck line. At this point I won't buy one, If Daimler keeps making improvements then I will rethink that statement.( a decent auto is one of them.)

YeLLowBoaT
08-26-2006, 09:59 PM
I am not sure how I feel about the blacked out wheels. I do think that it needs more tire. Ether go down to 18" or put a bigger tire on the 20"s
Other then that I can't see any thing wrong with it.(I am not going to say anything about brand.)

Eliminator 4 Life
08-26-2006, 10:00 PM
Looks great Rob. The black wheels look good.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17015
Thanks John you set a high standard with yours I was just trying to keep up :)

riverbound
08-26-2006, 10:03 PM
Thanks John you set a high standard with yours I was just trying to keep up :)
not to high jack this thread.....but Rob, I want to Plan a pismo trip to the dunes (similar to Naci bash, but sand toys) if you are interested, let me know.

GHT
08-26-2006, 10:05 PM
Dude... Not a Dodge fan but you truck is Bitchin'..
NICE

Eliminator 4 Life
08-26-2006, 10:07 PM
Dude... Not a Dodge fan but you truck is Bitchin'..
NICE
Thanks bro you in vegas or the zoo :)

GHT
08-26-2006, 10:13 PM
Thanks bro you in vegas or the zoo :)
Vegas.... We will down there next weekend.... Maybe boatless...
Just got the boat worked on and all was good on Mead today...
What are your plans next weekend..??

Eliminator 4 Life
08-26-2006, 10:23 PM
Vegas.... We will down there next weekend.... Maybe boatless...
Just got the boat worked on and all was good on Mead today...
What are your plans next weekend..??
Ill be at Don Pedro for 4 days.. Ill be in Vegas the 22 and 23rd and 24th u better be in town. Glad to hear all was good on the boat...

mbrown2
08-26-2006, 10:42 PM
Truck looks really good.

GHT
08-26-2006, 10:44 PM
Ill be at Don Pedro for 4 days.. Ill be in Vegas the 22 and 23rd and 24th u better be in town. Glad to hear all was good on the boat...
We'll be where ever you want us to be.... Guess we'll be in Vegas that weekend..
Don Be ready.

Ryphraph
08-26-2006, 11:03 PM
Sweet ride!
I have the Bilstein's on my 2001 Durango and they rock.
Ryph

talbert450r
08-26-2006, 11:11 PM
love the black rims, looks awsome

Roaddogg 4040
08-27-2006, 09:52 AM
The Dodge Auto Transmission sure dosen't shift very well but it does work for towing. I towed my Whaler to Florida and back this summer @ About 14,000 +- lbs and it worked perfect. Would rather have a better shifting unit but the engine/truck is tough to beat...
Steve

Eliminator 4 Life
08-27-2006, 10:37 AM
We'll be where ever you want us to be.... Guess we'll be in Vegas that weekend..
Don Be ready.
I cant wait woo hoooooooooooo

Eliminator 4 Life
08-27-2006, 10:38 AM
Thanks Ryphraph
Thanks talbert450r

Mr. Crusader 83
08-27-2006, 12:51 PM
looks good. but... i think the tires are to small... just my .02

Eliminator 4 Life
08-28-2006, 05:46 AM
Damn it doesnt fit in the garage it misses by 2 inches :mad: This is gonna get expensive haha

onesloryd
08-28-2006, 07:35 AM
Your truck turned out nice.
That sucks about the garage, have you looked into a commercial style rollup door?

Hardly Satisfied
08-28-2006, 08:00 AM
Your truck turned out nice.
That sucks about the garage, have you looked into a commercial style rollup door?
truck looks SWEET for a Dodge :rollside: very nice , i myself not to crazy for the black wheels but you did a awesome job

NOTALENT
08-28-2006, 08:43 AM
Looks good Rob...I love the rims, but I would have opted for some bigger tires to feel the gap and look more proportional. UPS must be treating you good...I think its time for another Hooters night. :crossx:

Eliminator 4 Life
08-28-2006, 09:21 PM
Looks good Rob...I love the rims, but I would have opted for some bigger tires to feel the gap and look more proportional. UPS must be treating you good...I think its time for another Hooters night. :crossx:
Thanks Bro yes definatley need another HOOTERS night :)

Sangerdude
08-29-2006, 08:45 AM
Rob, You aint big PIMPIN untill you are stackin on some 26's!!! What happened man? I thought you were the Baller in this neck of the woods? :D
Too bad I have to look at this rig just about every other day when it is sittin in the driveway...one other note, color deosnt match the flames on the the Big-bad-ass-haulin-yaht!
Bill

Eliminator 4 Life
08-29-2006, 07:38 PM
Rob, You aint big PIMPIN untill you are stackin on some 26's!!! What happened man? I thought you were the Baller in this neck of the woods? :D
Too bad I have to look at this rig just about every other day when it is sittin in the driveway...one other note, color deosnt match the flames on the the Big-bad-ass-haulin-yaht!
Bill
Bill Bill I cant keep up with you bro when u drive by every morning in your CLS AMG 55 rollin on 28's that car of yours is crazy sick. Im just a poor old boy trying to keep up with the jones. I got 20's on the truck and it still doesnt fit in the garage. Imagine 26's I would have to rent a shop. Believe it or not the color is close and matches pretty well. Ill have to show you when we go out on the ELIMINATOR..
Remember PIMPIN aint easy unless your a Geeeeeeeee like me :)

Sangerdude
08-29-2006, 09:44 PM
I aint playa hatin! Hell, dubz is dubz...shoulda put some kelderman bags on that beeeotch...coulda jacked her up to represent and drop those bags on her chin when you need to get some love, if you know what I mean. I will def. take you up on that tour of duty in the flamed-out-ass-haulin-yaht in the near future...Shit, two pimped out G'eeeeeeeeeeeeeees mackin on them soft bootay bieooootches, best be recognizin'. Gonna be a lot of game goin and flowin that day, ya heard!!!!

Sangerdude
08-29-2006, 09:50 PM
Damn playa, you are nationwide...and I had no Idea you were so damn Geeeeeeed out!
and sooooo damn young too.....how are you stackin so much cheese this early in the game
Shit, dodge boys know how to get down....
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=60544319

Eliminator 4 Life
08-31-2006, 04:46 AM
Damn playa, you are nationwide...and I had no Idea you were so damn Geeeeeeed out!
and sooooo damn young too.....how are you stackin so much cheese this early in the game
Shit, dodge boys know how to get down....
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=60544319
Damn dawg that is to funny... Stunner shades on and all.. So why havent you requested to be my friend haha.. You know where I will be this weekend swing in for some beer.... :)