PDA

View Full Version : What is this?

Mr. Crusader 83
08-26-2006, 02:51 PM
What is this? How does it work? Has anyone tried one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Aluminum-Berkeley-Bowl-Stuffer-jet-boat-pump-drive-part_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ26455QQihZ008QQite mZ180021390997QQrdZ1

HotRod Sprint
08-26-2006, 03:51 PM
That is a Stuffer, it goes between the impeller and the bowl. Helps feed water cleaner to the bowl. That looks like an old school one, probably not worth bidding on, IMO.
Rod

SmokinLowriderSS
08-26-2006, 04:09 PM
Same style as the Aluminum one that WAS in my bowl from HTP's 1979 build of my Berk "F". Wasn't going to remove it as it was doing no harm BUT (isn't there always one of those?) the "neck" on it jammed against the new, larger, aluminum impeller nut where it used to clear the steel nylock one I had for decades. Gee, maybe I should sell MINE on e-bay. I have a rock-grate/angle-iron loader too, Fits Berk E/F intakes, and it is FLAT as a bonus!
Any offers? :idea:

1980Cougar
08-28-2006, 04:54 PM
I have a rock-grate/angle-iron loader too, Fits Berk E/F intakes, and it is FLAT as a bonus!
Any offers? :idea:
Trade you a bent one for it! I just finished straightening the one I bought for $90. Now that I'm researching them a bit it looks like I should have bought a more aggressive one (with a little more science than two pieces of angle Iron!!!)
Is a good bowl stuffer helpful in the 60-70 mph range?

SmokinLowriderSS
08-29-2006, 02:04 PM
Trade you a bent one for it! I just finished straightening the one I bought for $90. Now that I'm researching them a bit it looks like I should have bought a more aggressive one (with a little more science than two pieces of angle Iron!!!)
Is a good bowl stuffer helpful in the 60-70 mph range?
If you actually want it, I'll mail it to ya and you can send me back a check for the shipping, no big deal. PM me if ya want.
I think you should have spent $180 on the Pro-loader I got from DuaneHTP. :crossx: Oh, it was flat too. :p
I don't know how much it'd help, likely some, maybe a mph or 2, would be my best guess there, but it is a guess, nothing better.

IMPATIENT 1
08-30-2006, 05:21 AM
stuffer's are worth the dough! i added a stuffer and noticed immediately how much more holeshot it had, like the add says, it has more punch on take off. the 155.00 is alittle steep for a stuffer, duane htp sells em for @80.00 and they're alot nicer design than the ebay one.its the one i'm runnin and i felt my money was well spent afterward, and i don't have that feelin to often after a upgrade on the boat.