PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of selling the boat

NautiII
08-26-2006, 07:35 PM
First off, let me start by saying that we had a BLAST at Saguaro today. water was nice, and the scenery was twice as nice.....if you know what I mean. now, today, the water was so rough at points that I came out of the water once and totally screwed up my back. I have a bad back anyway, so this didnt help it. I am tossing around the idea of selling the jet, or trading it for some sort of bow rider (more family oriented). I do love the jet, but it is not worth tearing myself up over. it is just a thought for now...........

marty722
08-26-2006, 08:18 PM
I'm in the same boat you are meaning bad back and stuff so I sold my low profile jet and got into a bowrider with more freeboard.... Hated it... Sold it and bought another low profile jet.... You will miss the power of a jet..... I just learned to take it easy in the rough water and boat alot during the week...... Good luck!!!!

squirt'nmyload
08-26-2006, 08:53 PM
thats why you don't take a jetboat to any of the lakes in phoenix, in the summer on the weekend.....i go on the weekdays, and i can't wait till winter for weekend camping trips to saguaro..... when i go to the lake i like to drive my boat, not sit all day on the beach and wait for everone to leave before i can attempt to make it back to the docks

squirt'nmyload
08-26-2006, 08:54 PM
oh...and....DON'T SELL IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRUMP TIGHT
08-26-2006, 09:01 PM
$1,000
I will pick it up tomorrow!:D

4trax
08-27-2006, 01:18 AM
http://***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16884 http://***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16887 I'm in the same boat you are meaning bad back and stuff so I sold my low profile jet and got into a bowrider with more freeboard.... Hated it... Sold it and bought another low profile jet.... You will miss the power of a jet..... I just learned to take it easy in the rough water and boat alot during the week...... Good luck!!!! Lake boats aren't that bad and you can still have a jet look at mine

NautiII
08-27-2006, 06:47 AM
http://***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16884 http://***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16887 Lake boats aren't that bad and you can still have a jet look at mine
Now I could do something like that. just have to find one. oh, and the other problem is, Janice can only go during the weekend. so the weekdays are out. $1000.........LOL.......F.U. :D

bradbigsley
08-27-2006, 07:03 AM
just go to the river man.. your boat is taking the same beating as your back.. stress cracks, cra :) ck stringers, etc... i stay off lakes on weekends

cave
08-27-2006, 09:10 AM
NautiII If thats what you need to do bro do it. I hate sitting on the beach too so I just try to drive around the tough stuff. I know this cant be done on Sundays when all the comp boats are out.
I found that when I extended my steering colum out my jolts to my back were gone. I just added the extention this year and the last time I was out It was rough. Came down on the top of a wake that that was created by two boat wakes becoming 1. The extention keeps me in my seat leaning back rather than leaning forward.
Why not get a different hull thats more like a 19 or is it a 18" Cheyene or 31" Daytona? That would give you a little bit smoother hull.

Legal Chemistry
08-27-2006, 09:45 AM
Some people scoff at the idea, but why not both? I have a 24' open bow jet. Yes it's bigger and heavier than the traditional jet -but at the same time it allows me in waters the flatties wouldn't dare to go out in. You can run the shallows, ski/tube, cross the havasu washing machine. For me it's worked out perfect for a fun family-ish boat.

Konabud
08-27-2006, 05:15 PM
Why not move up to a daycruiser? It's not as fast but I seem to be the first one back to the launch! Much better ride and it's still a cool old jetboat, plus it's more of a family boat. You'll have to find your own though, mines NFS. lol
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/3112Kona_with_trailer.JPG

NautiII
08-28-2006, 06:38 AM
Why not move up to a daycruiser? It's not as fast but I seem to be the first one back to the launch! Much better ride and it's still a cool old jetboat, plus it's more of a family boat. You'll have to find your own though, mines NFS. lol
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/3112Kona_with_trailer.JPG
I would like to stay with a jet. if I can find a daycruiser at a decent price I will check it out. I wont be without a boat, so when I sell mine, I want to take the cash and get another one right away. Keep your eyes open for me!!!

jeffroe
08-28-2006, 12:26 PM
I went from a 18' vee to a 21' daytona cat hull jet and what a difference!! i use to wait til the end of the day to go for a ride at the local lake because of all the chop, but now with the cat hull as long as it's warm were out there :rollside: never even rode in a cat hull befor i bought this one, and if someone would have told me how smooth they rode i would have called them a liar!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/3691IMG_0984.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/3691jse_IMG_0983.jpg

NautiII
08-28-2006, 01:27 PM
we have started looking......even if it is a fixer uper, I am quite capable of doing work on it. so, if anyone knows of a daycruiser, or other, let me know.

460 jus getn it
08-28-2006, 01:30 PM
we have started looking......even if it is a fixer uper, I am quite capable of doing work on it. so, if anyone knows of a daycruiser, or other, let me know.
DONT DO IT.................................J/K You have to what you have to do scott. P.S i will be out sunday if your felling better................................

El Prosecutor
08-28-2006, 02:25 PM
Second that.^^ Also, I don't know if you have a diverter or not but I just added one and it makes a huge difference in several ways, including going through chop/wakes. Diverter up 1/2 way, and you are gently bouncing over the chop instead of slamming over it. WAY smoother.

Devilman
08-28-2006, 05:23 PM
First off, let me start by saying that we had a BLAST at Saguaro today. water was nice, and the scenery was twice as nice.....if you know what I mean. now, today, the water was so rough at points that I came out of the water once and totally screwed up my back. I have a bad back anyway, so this didnt help it. I am tossing around the idea of selling the jet, or trading it for some sort of bow rider (more family oriented). I do love the jet, but it is not worth tearing myself up over. it is just a thought for now...........
Dude, don't even think about it. First off, all the time & effort you got in it? Be damn hard to get that back if you sell.... Second thing, wtf? Water ain't rough all the time. I'm sure some times are worse than others, but the idea of selling the boat that you just built cause you had a weekend of rough water? Nah man, some weekends are good for runnin, some weekends ain't..... Gotta take the good with the bad. You sell it, you'll regret it. I can promise you that. I know exactly where your coming from.... :cool:

marty722
08-28-2006, 05:26 PM
didn't you have to pay more for insurance bucause its a cat? In Calif you will...... Just my 02 cents

NautiII
08-29-2006, 10:09 AM
we are not getting out of boating all together. I just want a v hull. I am tired of Janice not wanting to go because it is to rough for her, and my kids dont want to ride in it either. If I could afford to buy a family boat and keep this one I would, but that aint going to happen. so, I will start a search for a daycruiser jet or even something with a deeper hull. I have alot of time in this boat and hate to get rid of her, but, somethings gotta give.........

NautiTwins
08-29-2006, 11:38 AM
we are not getting out of boating all together. I just want a v hull. I am tired of Janice not wanting to go because it is to rough for her, and my kids dont want to ride in it either. If I could afford to buy a family boat and keep this one I would, but that aint going to happen. so, I will start a search for a daycruiser jet or even something with a deeper hull. I have alot of time in this boat and hate to get rid of her, but, somethings gotta give.........
WE did the same thing over a year ago and I really miss my little boat. The new one is fun and meets our needs, but there is nothing like blasting across the water at sunset with the roost all the up and the foot all the day.

jeffroe
08-29-2006, 11:49 AM
$350yr for my daytona cat? american family insurance. it's an 1988 and i kept the value low because no matter what you insure it for there only going to give you a depreciated value anyway.

NautiII
08-30-2006, 12:17 PM
well, how much do you want for her....:idea:
$5,000