http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2423592754
what do you think?

GofastRacer
07-17-2003, 08:59 PM
That's cool if you can use it!.. :cool:

dmontzsta
07-17-2003, 09:12 PM
GofastRacer:
That's cool if you can use it!.. :cool: I was thinking it was good. Since I can build it out of the boat and still run the 390, then when I am done building it, drop it in.
I just hope the 352 is as buildable as the 390/427/428 I hope it can be bored out to a 449 like a 390. I am reading up on it now. Basically it would have to be bored to a 4.05" from the 4.00" that it is. Then .60 would make it a 449, true?

DansBlown73Nordic
07-18-2003, 01:34 AM
Im sure the 360 is just a smaller bore 390, but as far as the 352 Im not sure. If nothing else you bought a nice boat anchor.... yuk

stilettovdrive
07-18-2003, 05:47 AM
My knowledge about american v8s are very limited but i think can read between the lines that your engine is a bit "odd" when it comes to boating.
If my reading between the lines is correct, i must say that i think it's great that someone takes care of an engine like that, maybe it will not put out hp enough to win any competitions, but what the hell.
In my companys workshop, i have and old moped haning down from the ceiling, its a NSU Quickly. It will never winn any competitions either, but i think its a funny little machine that has been of great use to someone sometine.
my employees has the order never to touch my toys, and i think that they think i'm a bit exentric when it come to "old Junk", but someone has to take care of things that ordinary people used and lived with.
So i congratulate you on your deal, and hope that it will be of great fun to you. If not, send the damn thing over the pond, and i will take care of it.
And what is 25 bucks anyway.
The viking

dmontzsta
07-18-2003, 06:41 AM
stilettovdrive:
My knowledge about american v8s are very limited but i think can read between the lines that your engine is a bit "odd" when it comes to boating.
If my reading between the lines is correct, i must say that i think it's great that someone takes care of an engine like that, maybe it will not put out hp enough to win any competitions, but what the hell.
In my companys workshop, i have and old moped haning down from the ceiling, its a NSU Quickly. It will never winn any competitions either, but i think its a funny little machine that has been of great use to someone sometine.
my employees has the order never to touch my toys, and i think that they think i'm a bit exentric when it come to "old Junk", but someone has to take care of things that ordinary people used and lived with.
So i congratulate you on your deal, and hope that it will be of great fun to you. If not, send the damn thing over the pond, and i will take care of it.
And what is 25 bucks anyway.
The viking haha. You must not know about FE's. :)
You can make them pretty powerful and they are also light.

old rigger
07-18-2003, 06:53 AM
where's 058 when you need him?
dmontzsta,
Is that a 352 ci motor, or does it have 352 cast into the block? Thats's 2 different deals. My Howard has a block that has that casting in it, but it was built to a 428. Also have a 390 in the garage that has a standard bore and crank in it, I think it has that 352 cast into it as well. Came out of a brand new 65 Galaxie that was totaled and then went right into a boat.
058 can tell you whats what, he's the king of engines FORD

stilettovdrive
07-18-2003, 07:56 AM
O.K. What the **** does FE stand for???
And what is the "catch" with that motor???
And why does'nt womens tits sit on their backs, when people dance walts like they do???? :D :D
Please make me a little smarter on the enginefront.
The viking.

dmontzsta
07-18-2003, 08:33 AM
stilettovdrive:
O.K. What the **** does FE stand for???
And what is the "catch" with that motor???
And why does'nt womens tits sit on their backs, when people dance walts like they do???? :D :D
Please make me a little smarter on the enginefront.
The viking. haha.
FE is Ford Engine, basically the most popular of the Big Block Fords, all the parts are pretty much interchangeable from a 352 on up to a 428.
The FE's are light, and can make some decent power, short stroke, big bore, high revving machines when built right.
Dont know about the tits thing man... :)

stilettovdrive
07-18-2003, 09:13 AM
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA, Ford engine you say, and ligthweight
That sounds like busyiness in a boat.
Thanks for the answer.
And just between us, i am quite happy with my wife, with tits where they are.
The viking.

dmontzsta
07-18-2003, 09:15 AM
stilettovdrive:
And just between us, i am quite happy with my wife, with tits where they are.
The viking. I dont know man, you let out some personal info there with wanting tits on the back.
FREAK!
:)

stilettovdrive
07-18-2003, 09:29 AM
Well, would you find it funny with the steeringwheel mounted next to the propstrup??? jawdrop :D
Impossible to reach without atracting attention
The viking, witch, apperantley now is considered a Freak.
( the same feeling i have when someone drives a japanese car)

dmontzsta
07-18-2003, 09:30 AM
stilettovdrive:
Well, would you find it funny with the steeringwheel mounted next to the propstrup??? jawdrop :D
Impossible to reach without atracting attention
The viking, witch, apperantley now is considered a Freak.
( the same feeling i have when someone drives a japanese car) lol

stilettovdrive
07-18-2003, 09:36 AM
Well i guess LOL means that you are amused.
Mission accomplished
I'm just an ordinary 35 year old guy who likes to joke around.
Even thoug i sometimes "push it"
The viking.

dmontzsta
07-18-2003, 09:39 AM
stilettovdrive:
Well i guess LOL means that you are amused.
Mission accomplished
I'm just an ordinary 35 year old guy who likes to joke around.
Even thoug i sometimes "push it"
The viking. Yeah...you got me. I am a average 23 y/o male. That drives an import...really fast and beats on alot of domestics.
FREAK!

roostwear
07-18-2003, 10:09 AM
Your 352 is a 390 with a smaller bore. If it's an early 352, it may have machine combustion chambers(better) instead of cast. FE's are full skirt blocks, which means the pan rails extend below the crank centerline, which makes a stronger bottom end, but they are heavy blocks. They build tons of torque, but don't think it'll rev like a small block.

stilettovdrive
07-18-2003, 10:24 AM
Well, i wasn't out to get you, i drive an import as well, a 2000 citroen berlingo van, not as exiting as your car, but it does the job.
And as the old danish saying goes " when mouse farts like horse, ass will break". :D
The viking.

07-19-2003, 12:44 AM
There have been more than a few "352" castmarked blocks that have turned out to be 427s. If thats all they are going by is the "352" cast into the front of the block then its no telling what you got in the Ebay deal. Could be anywhere from a 352" FE to a 427 or a 428" FE...maybe you are one of the lucky ones, kinda like hitting the lottery. :D eek! eek! :D

GofastRacer
07-19-2003, 05:59 AM
Well I may be seeing things but that looks like a counterweight on the flexplate to me? :confused: If it is that=428. It may be a plain 428 out of a T Bird, can't see the rods well enough?? :confused:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/12390-med.jpg

old rigger
07-19-2003, 06:53 AM
whoops..just came in from working on the boat. The 428 in the howard has a block with the mirrored '501' cast into it, not '352'. The 390 in the garage does have the 352 though. Christ, don't even know my own shit.
hey 058, I always heard that FE stood for 'Ford Edsel'. What's the scoop?

dmontzsta
07-19-2003, 08:06 AM
GofastRacer:
Well I may be seeing things but that looks like a counterweight on the flexplate to me? :confused: If it is that=428. It may be a plain 428 out of a T Bird, can't see the rods well enough?? :confused:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/12390-med.jpg hmmm...is that the ebay pic?
You and Bob have me thinking now :confused: I sort of emailed the people and said if they didnt want to sell it for $52 that is fine. I spoke with several people and they keep saying it isnt worth it to build up the 352. I was under the impression that you can do the same thing to it as any other FE. The only thing they said was stamped on the block was "34". I feel like I want it now...especially if I hit the lotto.

Moneypitt
07-19-2003, 08:21 AM
The only real treasure in the ford block possibilties is the 427. Those blocks had cross bolted main caps, that couldn't be missed. there is also a 406 in that engine family. Moneypitt

07-19-2003, 08:37 AM
old rigger:
whoops..just came in from working on the boat. The 428 in the howard has a block with the mirrored '501' cast into it, not '352'. The 390 in the garage does have the 352 though. Christ, don't even know my own shit.
hey 058, I always heard that FE stood for 'Ford Edsel'. What's the scoop? O.R. That debate rages on, some say Ford/Edsel others say Ford engine. Either/or is ok.

ColeTR1
07-19-2003, 08:56 AM
If it is a 428 wow! Put that crank in a 427 block = 454. That’s a killer combo. Below is the FE motor you really need. http://www.geocities.com/infieldg/images/427sohc.jpg http://www.geocities.com/infieldg/images/427sohc-chains.jpg

GofastRacer
07-19-2003, 09:14 AM
Moneypitt:
The only real treasure in the ford block possibilties is the 427. Those blocks had cross bolted main caps, that couldn't be missed. there is also a 406 in that engine family. Moneypitt The side oiler is the treasure because of the oiling. Any other block is a top oiler but are just as strong and it's not a big deal to convert them to a cross bolt block!.. :cool:

GofastRacer
07-19-2003, 09:17 AM
ColeTR1:
If it is a 428 wow! Put that crank in a 427 block = 454. That’s a killer combo. Below is the FE motor you really need. http://www.geocities.com/infieldg/images/427sohc.jpg http://www.geocities.com/infieldg/images/427sohc-chains.jpg Yep, and .030 it's a 460!. Load them pics in the immage center, they are not sharing bandwidth!. Want to see that Cammer!. :cool: :cool:

dmontzsta
07-19-2003, 09:41 AM
GofastRacer:
ColeTR1:
If it is a 428 wow! Put that crank in a 427 block = 454. That’s a killer combo. Below is the FE motor you really need. http://www.geocities.com/infieldg/images/427sohc.jpg http://www.geocities.com/infieldg/images/427sohc-chains.jpg Yep, and .030 it's a 460!. Load them pics in the immage center, they are not sharing bandwidth!. Want to see that Cammer!. :cool: :cool: share.

GofastRacer
07-19-2003, 10:00 AM
Yeah, that's why the red "X".. :)

ColeTR1
07-19-2003, 11:06 AM
Sorry about the broken link. I put the pictures on my server. I thought Stilettovdrive would like to see the king of FE motors. And the one we would all love to own!
http://www.rulessoftware.com/427sohc.jpg http://www.rulessoftware.com/427.jpg

stilettovdrive
07-19-2003, 11:50 AM
Year, thats the stuff, Biiiiiig, Loouuuud, just the way we like it.
It wouldn't be the same without the sound, would it???
Make no mistake about it, i an a great fan of american v8s.
But on the german version of Ebay there are currently an auction for a BMW v8 Its a 5,0liter engine in aluminium from a bmw 750I
Anyone ever tryed to put a sucker like that in a boat??
I don't know the exact spec's on the motor, but BMW usally makes good performance engines, and this one is brand new, so im bidding.
The viking.

oldphart
07-19-2003, 02:01 PM
I ran those FE engines in super stocks in the 60's the 352 & 332 were pretty much identical to the 390. you can bore a 352 to 390 specs. if you use 390 hipo or 428 heads (30 degree intakes) they make gobs of torque. just dont turn em over 5500 and theyll live forever. by the way whoever said they were light should try setting an FE intake by hand. everything on that damn engine weighs a ton!

Sangerboy
07-19-2003, 04:31 PM
ColeTR1:
Sorry about the broken link. I put the pictures on my server. I thought Stilettovdrive would like to see the king of FE motors. And the one we would all love to own!
http://www.rulessoftware.com/427sohc.jpg http://www.rulessoftware.com/427.jpg I haven't seen Slowpoke on the boards for a few weeks but I think he has one of those cammers sittin around :cool:

GofastRacer
07-19-2003, 08:21 PM
oldphart:
"just dont turn em over 5500" by the way whoever said they were light should try setting an FE intake by hand. Hell, stockers will live at 6000!. I had a 66 Fairlane GT390 and I used to shift it at 6200 and go thru the lights at 5900(showroom condition)!. With C/J rods and some oiling mods 7000 with no probs!. Now if you want to get serious, convert to cross bolt mains, LeMans rods and you got a 7500+ motor!.. :cool:
Yeah, them cast iron manifolds are part of the head and they do weigh a ton, but the heads are aren't that heavy, "385"'s are the heavyweights!.. :)
[ July 19, 2003, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: GofastRacer ]