PDA

View Full Version : The Difference In Casale Gears?????

DansBlown73Nordic
09-07-2002, 09:08 AM
Im just wondering what the difference is between right and left hand rotation? I have been looking at a Sanger that had a small block. It was a old circle boat. The motor drove off the front. If I was to buy this. I would put the motor in the other way.
I guess what Im wondering is what will happen if I turn the box backwards? Will it just whine? The gears are 22% I think.

Sangster
09-07-2002, 09:12 AM
I would think they would wear funny seeing how they would be turning the wrong way...

63stevens
09-07-2002, 11:31 AM
Dan, I think that V-drive Tom said that it wouldn't hurt the gears if you run them the other way. You might send him an e-mail and check for sure

SK48
09-07-2002, 01:23 PM
If it was a circle boat, and the motor plates etc. are there why not run it off the balancer ?

09-07-2002, 05:15 PM
Andy Casale told me it didn't make any difference which way the gears rotated. Just make sure the Whirl-A-Way is set up for your correct rotation. Otherwise it would make onehellofa noise when it starts ratcheting with the engine. eek!

CircleJerk
09-07-2002, 10:15 PM
058:
Andy Casale told me it didn't make any difference which way the gears rotated. Just make sure the Whirl-A-Way is set up for your correct rotation. Otherwise it would make onehellofa noise when it starts ratcheting with the engine. eek! YES YES YES YES!!!! This I know for shhuuoorr...JJJEERK