PDA

View Full Version : Old Town San Diego

JetBoatRich
08-27-2006, 08:30 PM
Nice little area, I am down here on business and had dinner in old town :cool: Nice little Mexican place :cool:
Went back out for a beer at the Saloon :cool: good people :cool:

RitcheyRch
08-27-2006, 08:39 PM
Love Old Town San Diego. We like the Mexican restaurant that makes their own tortillas out front. They have good margaritas as well.

Legal Chemistry
08-28-2006, 09:52 AM
If you're around for breakfast try OTC (old town mexican cafe) = good eats! Enjoy the town -it doesn't get much better than this!

Trailer Park Casanova
08-28-2006, 10:17 AM
We love it there too Rich.
We miss Rip Tides restaurant.

Lightning
08-28-2006, 11:16 AM
next time your down, let us locals know and we can meet you for a beer....

RitcheyRch
08-28-2006, 11:25 AM
Definitely will let the locals know when in the area.

BIGAMIST
08-28-2006, 12:21 PM
Hello JBR :)

JetBoatRich
08-28-2006, 04:16 PM
I meant to, but was not sure how the evening was going to go :rolleyes: met the owner of our company there who flew in from Tampa :rolleyes: and wanted to have dinner. He end up going to bed and I walked back to old town and had a couple beers at one of the bars :cool:
May be back donw soon and will give advance notice :)

a catered life
08-28-2006, 04:23 PM
i hope that offer is for us regular post wwhhoorreess :p and not the elite one like jbr cause me, raff, dmv queen will be down for the thunderboat regetta

Poker Runs West
08-28-2006, 07:58 PM
Catered life, look us up at Paradise Point Resort during the Thunderboat Regatta. A few of us plan on getting together there, watch some racing action and get in a few runs in the awesome ocean and into San Diego.
Chris www.pokerrunswest.com :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

Mandelon
08-28-2006, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the call........ :rolleyes:

JetBoatRich
08-29-2006, 03:37 AM
Hello JBR :)
what's up Jeff :)

JoeB
08-29-2006, 03:55 AM
Used to live in Tucson, and my fiance (now my wife) would frequent Old Town quite often. Loved the food, especially at the place where the senioritas made the tortillas out front. Boy, mexican food in KY (east coast) is a lot different than the southwest stuff.

Legal Chemistry
08-29-2006, 08:56 AM
That's funny you say that... I've ovenighted food from here to Colorado for family that was craving good mexican food from SD!

JetBoatRich
08-30-2006, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the call........ :rolleyes:
Next time :rolleyes: I owe you a beer :cool:

SoCal_fun
08-31-2006, 12:38 AM
i hope that offer is for us regular post wwhhoorreess :p and not the elite one like jbr cause me, raff, dmv queen will be down for the thunderboat regetta
If JBR is the 'ELITE' :cool: , You guys are the 'Tier 2' :yuk: , what the heck am I, cause I wasn't even invited to the regatta!! :argue: :cry: :cry: :rolleyes:

raff
08-31-2006, 05:15 AM
I wasn't even invited to the regatta!! :argue: :cry: :cry: :rolleyes:
We talked about this at the bbq. and you know your always welcome. :yuk:

SoCal_fun
08-31-2006, 10:08 PM
We talked about this at the bbq. and you know your always welcome. :yuk:
Yeah, Yeah!! Blah, Blah, Blah!! :argue:
I just feel left out, thats all!! :cry: :cry:
Have fun!! :rollside:

BIGAMIST
09-01-2006, 12:03 AM
Yeah, Yeah!! Blah, Blah, Blah!! :argue:
I just feel left out, thats all!! :cry: :cry:
Have fun!! :rollside:
Larry....for as big as you are you sure do cry about alot of stuff :idea:
:p :p :D

a catered life
09-01-2006, 08:49 PM
Catered life, look us up at Paradise Point Resort during the Thunderboat Regatta. A few of us plan on getting together there, watch some racing action and get in a few runs in the awesome ocean and into San Diego.
Chris www.pokerrunswest.com :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:
sounds good... i have been on vacation for a few days and havent touched the computer but i would be happy to take you up on that offer we will hook up as that weekend gets closer :p

a catered life
09-01-2006, 08:52 PM
If JBR is the 'ELITE' :cool: , You guys are the 'Tier 2' :yuk: , what the heck am I, cause I wasn't even invited to the regatta!! :argue: :cry: :cry: :rolleyes:
larry you never need a invite :p just make reservations at a hotel in hotel circle
and ps jbr is a elite but who know what he's a elite of :rollside:

jbone
09-04-2006, 04:45 AM
Old Town is a CA state park and the right to operate the park was recently purchased by an out of state firm. They closed several of the very popular restaurants.
Many San Diego locals don't like the deal and don't like the changes made my this firm. I have not been there since the takeover, but I hear from a lot that have that is sucks now.
This firm outbid the current operator and promised higher profits for the state. From what I've heard, they have not done a well as the previous operator.
J

Lightning
09-04-2006, 08:28 AM
Defintately, let us know......maybe we can have a little party at the house or something.