PDA

View Full Version : Campbell Daycruisers

Mr. V-Driver
08-28-2006, 08:33 AM
Wow!!!! It's the return of the Campbell Daycruiser!!!
Usually, I see no V-Drive boats at Lake Havasu. Only sterndrives and Jets, but I saw at least a dozen or more Campbell V-Drive boats there. Most with Casale V-drives and others using Crusaders or Champions. There were a few Schiada's and I saw 1 or 2 flatties cruzin the channel. Too rough out in the open water for the little flatties, but some balsy mo fo made it up to the sand bar! It's great to see these old time classics and meet the people that own them. Most have had the boat in the family since day 1, and others bought there's after having Jets or sterndrives and say they'd never go back!!
That V-Drives is they're way of life! :boxed:
Totally Cool!!! :smile:

CampbellCarl
08-28-2006, 09:59 AM
Don't forget Walters V-Drives! The 1959 Campbell in my avatar is running it's original Walters and 1 to 1 Velvet behind a 401 Buick Nailhead. About the family deal, mine was owned by one couple for 47 years before he passed and I bought the boat early this year.
Carl

Mr. V-Driver
08-28-2006, 05:15 PM
You don't have the cuddy cabin model like the one's I saw out there?!?!
Yea, the Walters getz their angle from the u joints! Iron case and No gear interchangeability!

Campbell Dude
08-28-2006, 07:31 PM
It is great to se the old V-Drive daycruisers from all of the manufactures. These boats are fast becoming the marine equals of the mussel cars of the 60's and 70's. It seams that everywhere we go we are meeting people who rember these old boats or have memerys of them from there younger days. These old boats always draw a croud at launch ramps, gas stations, camp grounds and stores. Once last year I was even folowed into town by a CHP who just wanted to know about my boat ( what a relief !).But sadley it seams that every year we are seeing fewer and fewer of these great boats.
It is great going to the lake with the family and not only doing all of the water sports we used to do in our other boats, but doing them in a clasic performance boat.
Find the old boats, Restore the old boats, Enjoy the old boats.
V-Drive's, THERE ARE NO OTHER BOATS!

shirkey4750
08-29-2006, 04:48 AM
There's a Schiada 21' or 22' cruiser in upstate NY just setting out in the middle of a field with the weeds growing up around it that I have been trying to buy for three years. The owner dropped it off at a boat, snowmobile, chainsaw,etc. shop and asked the owner to store it for him.He left and hasn't been back since. Calls ever now and then and leaves a number to be reached at, by the time I get the number it has been changed or disconnected. Really nice boat going to waste. I call once a month to check on any changes.

CampbellCarl
08-29-2006, 11:14 AM
Mr.V-Driver
No, mine is not a cuddy model (not sure the Campbell Brothers even made one in 1959), I guess mine would be called a runabout as it has a full width bulkhead without walkthrough and full width bench seating front and rear (no jumps at the engine). I think Billy and Bobby called it a 21' but I've measured it at 22' with a very odd hull bottom extension that extends about 8" past the stern creating a swim step or fixed cav plate(????). Never seen another boat with that type hull design. Like others have said, these boat get more attention than some of the big ballers with their canopied, 1000 HP, 1000 watt stereo go fast plastic boats. (ducking my head for the flames to come!).
Carl

InKahntrol
08-30-2006, 04:58 PM
Mr. V-Driver: I was one of the boats you saw this past weekend! There were quite a few cool cruisers out this weekend, including a pretty sweet twin-turbo 21' Spectra.
Carl- sorry I didn't get back to you about lunch, the sh*t hit the fan at work and I didn't get onto ***boat for a few weeks there. Now I'm home sick so I'm finally getting caught up.
Also, for all Campbell lovers, I just heard word from Barbara Tyrell that the Campbell Owner's club is going to put on its own regatta this year, since the factory is no longer participating. Here's the info I got from Barb:
2006 CAMPBELL OWNERS CLUB REGATTA
LAKE HAVASU CITY, AZ
FRIDAY EVENING SEPTEMBER 22, 6:00 PM
MONTANA STEAK HOUSE
NO HOST BAR & MEAL
SATURDAY 10:00 AM
MEET IN THOMPSON BAY (IN FRONT OF THE NAUTICAL)
PARADE THRU THE BRIDGE ON OUR WAY UP RIVER TO
PARK MOABI FOR A POT LUCK WITH A "LUAU" THEME.
$50.00 PER BOAT (THIS WILL COVER, BEACH USE, USE OF THE GAZEBO AND THE PARK'S REQUIRED INSURANCE AS WELL AS A PLAN TO START A "CAMPBELL OWNERS ASSOCIATION" ACCOUNT FOR FURTHER EVENTS).
SATURDAY NIGHT 7:30 PM ANOTHER NO HOST DINNER AT "CASA SERRANO".
LET'S KEEP OUR "CAMPBELL TRADITIONS" ALIVE.
WE'LL HAVE MUSIC, GAMES, FOOD, AND FRIENDSHIP.

Dave Sammons
08-30-2006, 06:38 PM
Nothing better than a Campbell on the River! This Ol' 71 will do anything one of them new fangled clone wakeboardboats'll do!! Especially with a guy about Billy B's size in the back seat! :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1517rvrc.jpg

GofastRacer
08-30-2006, 06:55 PM
That is one sweet boat, and it's done "right"... :cool: :cool: :cool:

InKahntrol
08-30-2006, 07:49 PM
That thing is sweet Dave, you guys should bring it out on the weekend of the 22nd for the cruise upriver.

Mr. V-Driver
08-31-2006, 07:51 AM
I don't have a Campbell, but I got Plenty of V-Drives, A whole shop full of them. Will there be ROOM for "Casale" at this event on whatever boat I bring up! (Not for SpamMan to Answer!!!)
An exception for a very special "VIP"!
Yeah, I could probably throw in a few Casale Tees for this event!!!
Let me know!!!! Thanks Guys!!!