PDA

View Full Version : So What Is The Best

bite me
08-28-2006, 01:13 PM
materials and easyest to use for cleaning your boat after you pull it out of the water???????

Jyruiz
08-28-2006, 01:19 PM
HOT SAUCE!
www.boatbling.net

thumbs
08-28-2006, 01:26 PM
Vinegar and water. It's cheap and works great on the water spots.

Captain Dan
08-28-2006, 01:30 PM
And it also strips your wax. Try Hot Sauce - you'll like it.

INSman
08-28-2006, 01:32 PM
HOTSAUCE... Has a bit of vinegar in it if memory serves me correct but also leaves a nice and shiney wax finish :)

Bradman
Used Hot Sauce for the first time a couple if weeks ago, threw everything else away. :)
http://tkfiles.storage.msn.com/x1pc_jqddVOWRkT6M2_MsS8FTrCVhAtfS2VvTqXXpOGzTI6w2D Ij-kHYuSk3DaiKiWQCWXzDPe4FgbV3EXoJrWcd3O5fJjn4yj3Aqzz izgW95PC4pxjdemjgMXurWyyArK2qQrAldFGu6E

Dan Lorenze
Me too..

Not So Fast
08-28-2006, 01:36 PM
And it also strips your wax. Try Hot Sauce - you'll like it.
It does work well, but a little pricey! NSF

NautiTwins
08-28-2006, 01:38 PM
That is all I use. Never had it strip the wax and leaves the boat perfect for the next use.

DCBDaytona
08-28-2006, 01:39 PM
Meguiar's Quik Detailer!

Captain Dan
08-28-2006, 01:42 PM
It does work well, but a little pricey! NSF
It is a little pricey, but you don't need to use much of it, a little mist goes a long way and very little elbow grease is required.
I do think they could spend a little more on the sprayers - for some reason the caps on the sprayers don't like to cinch down tight - I've lost a full bottle of the Hot Sauce and the Upholstery cleaner because it laid down in my back seat and leaked out.

Jyruiz
08-28-2006, 01:45 PM
Meguiar's Quik Detailer!
I use to use that. For all of you who think the Hot Sauce is expensive, just get the summer special, that is a real good deal.

Not So Fast
08-28-2006, 01:48 PM
It is a little pricey, but you don't need to use much of it, a little mist goes a long way and very little elbow grease is required.
I do think they could spend a little more on the sprayers - for some reason the caps on the sprayers don't like to cinch down tight - I've lost a full bottle of the Hot Sauce and the Upholstery cleaner because it laid down in my back seat and leaked out.
OUCH, thats like $30 bucks of stuff. I use a product from Production Auto Finish called Anti-stat showroom polish (spritzes or mist wipe off) after wiping down any spots with the vinegar solution and it gives you that SMOOTH feel and I get it for $17.98 @ gallon. I do like the Hot sauce though, just not the price cause I wipe down a LOT. NSF

Hardly Satisfied
08-28-2006, 01:50 PM
Used Hot Sauce for the first time a couple if weeks ago, threw everything else away. :)
http://tkfiles.storage.msn.com/x1pc_jqddVOWRkT6M2_MsS8FTrCVhAtfS2VvTqXXpOGzTI6w2D Ij-kHYuSk3DaiKiWQCWXzDPe4FgbV3EXoJrWcd3O5fJjn4yj3Aqzz izgW95PC4pxjdemjgMXurWyyArK2qQrAldFGu6E
Bradman It was nice meeting you ,the wife, jeff his wife and dad look foward to see you out there again

DCBDaytona
08-28-2006, 01:50 PM
I use to use that. For all of you who think the Hot Sauce is expensive, just get the summer special, that is a real good deal.
I've gotten many free bottles of Hot Sauce..It didn't impress me enough to switch. I can walk into any Walmart and buy it.

Hardly Satisfied
08-28-2006, 01:53 PM
HOT SAUCE!
www.boatbling.net
I 2nd that

Pheelin Phroggy
08-28-2006, 01:54 PM
We made the jump to Hot Sauce, weve tried most of the home remedies and a bunch of the commercial products, we are very happy withthe Hot Sauce.
www.boatbling.com

Jbb
08-28-2006, 01:54 PM
If you're boat has Dri wash n Guard on it.......a wet rag....

Bradman
08-28-2006, 01:55 PM
I bought a bottle of Hot Sauce in Havasu for $19.99+tax. Just tried to order it online from boatbling and it cost more. Their shipping cost are out of this world. Almost $9.00 per bottle to ship. :mad:

Bradman
08-28-2006, 01:58 PM
Bradman It was nice meeting you ,the wife, jeff his wife and dad look foward to see you out there again
It was nice to meet you and your family too, and finally somebody from this website. We'll be out over Labor Day what about you guys?

Todd969
08-28-2006, 01:59 PM
I bought a bottle of Hot Sauce in Havasu for $19.99+tax. Just tried to order it online from boatbling and it cost more. Their shipping cost are out of this world. Almost $9.00 per bottle to ship. :mad:
You need to call Carey at 928-486-3229. He's in Havasu and you get ***boat discounts.

Bradman
08-28-2006, 02:01 PM
You need to call Carey at 928-486-3229. He's in Havasu and you get ***boat discounts.
Thanks, I'll give him a call.

Todd969
08-28-2006, 02:02 PM
Thanks, I give him a call.
No worries Mike, congrats on the new boat.

Havasu_Dreamin
08-28-2006, 02:03 PM
HOTSAUCE... Has a bit of vinegar in it if memory serves me correct but also leaves a nice and shiney wax finish :)
Negative ghostrider, no vinegar in Hot Sauce. :cool:

Havasu_Dreamin
08-28-2006, 02:10 PM
Shipping cost are $12.95 for up to four quarts. It will be adjusted at checkout, or to save money, you can order from Carey and pick up in Havasu with no shipping charges.

caroftheweek
08-28-2006, 02:11 PM
Bradman it was nice to meet you this weekend. you boat is gorgous in person. see you out there this weekend.
we did a complete straight vinegar wash and a complete wax on sunday morning. the boat is perty now. i have yet to use the hot sauce. i need to give it a try. if you use vinegar, wax afterwards.
Ryan

LLGirl
08-28-2006, 02:14 PM
havasu dreamin are you sure about that. We just got another bottle of hot sauce and used it last weekend. It had a VERY strong smell of vinegar to it. I didn't think it had any in it either until I got this last bottle. There's no mistaking that smell. It definately overshadowed the good smell that hot sauce normally has. Still love it though. Works great.
mrllgirl

Bradman
08-28-2006, 02:17 PM
No worries Mike, congrats on the new boat.
Just talked to Carey. Definitely the way to go for your Hot Sauce products. And thanks.

Havasu_Dreamin
08-28-2006, 02:25 PM
havasu dreamin are you sure about that. We just got another bottle of hot sauce and used it last weekend. It had a VERY strong smell of vinegar to it. I didn't think it had any in it either until I got this last bottle. There's no mistaking that smell. It definately overshadowed the good smell that hot sauce normally has. Still love it though. Works great.
mrllgirl
Yes, I'm sure it isn't vinegar, its part of the unique formulation that works likes vinegar and water but does not contain vinegar. You get the benefits of vinegar and water, which is removal of water spots, without the by-product of the vinegar, stripping of your wax. In fact, there is a polymer-based wax in the Hot Sauce that is applied as you use it which is why the surface is nice and smooth after use.

Bradman
08-28-2006, 02:27 PM
Bradman it was nice to meet you this weekend. you boat is gorgous in person. see you out there this weekend.
we did a complete straight vinegar wash and a complete wax on sunday morning. the boat is perty now. i have yet to use the hot sauce. i need to give it a try. if you use vinegar, wax afterwards.
Ryan
It was nice to meet you guys too. And the same goes for your boat. Our boat is now at Magic getting the 20 hour service done plus some minor warranty work. Hopefully we'll get it back the way we left it. Spent a few hours cleaning it Saturday night.

caroftheweek
08-28-2006, 02:31 PM
It was nice to meet you guys too. And the same goes for your boat. Our boat is now at Magic getting the 20 hour service done plus some minor warranty work. Hopefully we'll get it back the way we left it. Spent a few hours cleaning it Saturday night.
Call Clu and put some heat on him. for your sake, i hope it does come back clean but i would expect to have to wipe it down before you go out for the weekend.

RitcheyRch
08-28-2006, 02:35 PM
Mother's or Meguiars Instant Detailers. If have water spots will use either vinegar/water mix or Shower Power.
Thinking might have to try some of that "Hot Sauce" stuff.

Ziggy
08-28-2006, 02:37 PM
Dry-Wash-N-Gaurd...........For the last 13 years I used White Vinegar/Distilled Water and always was happy but knew I had to apply wax afterwards.
Very happy with DWNG and its ease of use. If any hard water spots remain(mainly transom panel) and I can't clean off easy with DWNG I break out old faithful and follow with DWNG to protect again.
The vinyl cleaner is great too.
PM Magic34 for more details.

caroftheweek
08-28-2006, 02:38 PM
i used a 50/50 mix of simple green and water and it worked well for the minor
stuff. it really took alot of elbow grease to get the hard water spots off.
my wife still uses it to clean the deck floors. it does the job and she doesn't
complain.

JB in so cal
08-28-2006, 02:44 PM
i used a 50/50 mix of simple green and water and it worked well for the minor
stuff. it really took alot of elbow grease to get the hard water spots off.
my wife still uses it to clean the deck floors. it does the job and she doesn't
complain.
best part, huh?!!
Try 3M deck cleaner for non skid.

Chipster27
08-28-2006, 03:09 PM
Doesn't anyone use Ducky any more?

Burn Out
08-28-2006, 03:53 PM
How about Zing? Comes in a white bottle with a red label. It gets the brown water stains off the bottom! :cool:
Does that hot sauce have any petroleum distalates? I bought a different brand last month and it has that crap in it. Gets on my hands and leaves oil prints on truck, etc.. :mad:

MayDaze
08-28-2006, 04:02 PM
I had the same thing happen with the cap :mad: other than that Hot Sauce works very well..

Magic34
08-28-2006, 04:15 PM
Dry-Wash-N-Gaurd...........For the last 13 years I used White Vinegar/Distilled Water and always was happy but knew I had to apply wax afterwards.
Very happy with DWNG and its ease of use. If any hard water spots remain(mainly transom panel) and I can't clean off easy with DWNG I break out old faithful and follow with DWNG to protect again.
The vinyl cleaner is great too.
PM Magic34 for more details.
Thanks Zig. That is my program as well. :rollside: Jbb said it earlier as well.
I had my boat out on Saturday. Did a quick application on my boat before going in the water (took me about 7-8 minutes per side), and when wipe down time came, simply a damp towel took off all the spots. The boat looked like I just cleaned it when pulling away from the ramp and all I had were 2 towels in hand. There were 2 light brown lines on it from the water line, and the towel simply wiped it off as well.
I dont think 1 program is better or worse over another. Some people like what they use and there are other methods to how they like to do things. Of course, I like my way over others, but not because I mfg the stuff, it just works the best for me.
It is also the 1 product for everything. You can take it to your boat, then to your Ford, Chevy, Porsche, Ferrari, or whatever other vehicle you may have.

Magic34
08-28-2006, 04:17 PM
Doesn't anyone use Ducky any more?
Very Acidic. Not too good for the surface. That's why vinegar works the way it does.

INSman
08-28-2006, 04:18 PM
I had my boat out on Saturday. Did a quick application on my boat before going in the water (took me about 7-8 minutes per side), and when wipe down time came, simply a damp towel took off all the spots. The boat looked like I just cleaned it when pulling away from the ramp and all I had were 2 towels in hand. There were 2 light brown lines on it from the water line, and the towel simply wiped it off as well.
I dont think 1 program is better or worse over another. Some people like what they use and there are other methods to how they like to do things. Of course, I like my way over others, but not because I mfg the stuff, it just works the best for me.
It is also the 1 product for everything. You can take it to your boat, then to your Ford, Chevy, Porsche, Ferrari, or whatever other vehicle you may have.
All of the above is absolutely correct, and the gel/color in my boat looks much deeper after a coat of the Dri Wash N Guard.

Chipster27
08-28-2006, 07:52 PM
Which DWG product is everyone using? Ultra-Ion? I'm a detailing kook and am pretty happy with the products I'm using, but I'm always looking for other options.
BTW, you mentioned Ducky being acidic, but doesn't it have some protective quality to it, or does it just strip everything off?

roln 20s
08-28-2006, 09:18 PM
Thanks for all of the great words on HOT SAUCE :) We truely appreciate all of your support and business.
CAP ISSUES-- this should not be occuring, if you have any issues like this please give me a call and I will personally make sure you are taken care of. You can call me directly at 602-312-4550 on my cell.
MAGIC34-- good talking to you the other day at the lake! That 44 Sea Ray that side tied to you was just plain sick...I see what you are talking about for this "cruiser" switch :) :D See you out there again after Labor Day.
Thanks again- as usual- FREE delivery or pick up from Carey at Havasu- 928-486-3229.
Thanks and have a great safe boating weekend.
Patrick
PS-- look for another ***boat Special coming soon !!
www.boatbling.net

Magic34
08-28-2006, 09:47 PM
MAGIC34-- good talking to you the other day at the lake! That 44 Sea Ray that side tied to you was just plain sick...I see what you are talking about for this "cruiser" switch :) :D See you out there again after Labor Day.
You should have come over and tied up. I had power plugged into the 44 and the A/C was at 77 degrees. Only problem, that guy with the 44 had some terrible music he thought we all wanted to listen to.
It was actually a really nice day out there. I had a good time, and lunch didn't take all that long, unless I didn't pay any attention because we were catching up on stuff. Not only that, I was driving the wakeboard boat around outside of the cove beating people up on tubes. Couldn't ask for a better day.
Good talking to you again, and next time, come over with us. :)

Magic34
08-28-2006, 09:48 PM
Which DWG product is everyone using? Ultra-Ion? I'm a detailing kook and am pretty happy with the products I'm using, but I'm always looking for other options.
BTW, you mentioned Ducky being acidic, but doesn't it have some protective quality to it, or does it just strip everything off?
Everyone using our products are using Ultra-Ion for the gel coat and paints.

Mongo
08-28-2006, 10:00 PM
Nautical Reflections from West Marine works great. If you want to make your own cheap home solution take a spray bottle and fill the bottom about one to one and a half inches up with Sauve Coconut Hair Conditioner and the rest with water shake well and use that on the ramp when you are pulling out. You will be surprised how well it works for a quick wipe down. It smells great. If you can put it on your own coconut why not on your boat? I've used it for years.

RitcheyRch
08-29-2006, 04:28 AM
Interesting concoction.
Nautical Reflections from West Marine works great. If you want to make your own cheap home solution take a spray bottle and fill the bottom about one to one and a half inches up with Sauve Coconut Hair Conditioner and the rest with water shake well and use that on the ramp when you are pulling out. You will be surprised how well it works for a quick wipe down. It smells great. If you can put it on your own coconut why not on your boat? I've used it for years.

bite me
08-29-2006, 06:52 AM
Thanks for the input guys, just bought a 28 Magic deck and want to do it right.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
08-29-2006, 07:00 AM
What is the best cure for the brown stains (Parker Skid Mark) on the white of my gel?
I had the boat out in parker this weekend and it seemed particularly bad this time. I got the bulk of crap off but there is still some risudual staining at the water line and lower. How can i get that off of there?

Not So Fast
08-29-2006, 07:22 AM
Call Clu and put some heat on him. for your sake, i hope it does come back clean but i would expect to have to wipe it down before you go out for the weekend.
Good to be known as ANAL. When we got our Magic it had to go back for the usual fixups and at one point Ron M. told the guy working on it to "Get this done asap because I dont want his boat to sit here and have to hear Bobby complain about being dirty or overspray" to which I said thats only RIGHT, and Thanks! I always take my boat in CLEAN and with everything removed for the work being done, seems to get better care also?? Some of the boats in there I cant believe but then not everybody is anal I guess :idea: NSF

Ziggy
08-29-2006, 07:40 AM
you're welcome....
So right about the initial wipedown at ramp. I will use a damp towel I sat on during the day and wipe down whole boat in a matter of minutes....once home its usually a minor job to finish detail it with your product.

catman-do
08-29-2006, 07:54 AM
Ive used the Hot Sauce (actually just ran out), I love the stuff! Generally I will use vinegar and water while im on the lake to do occasional wipe downs and then at the ramps use the hotsauce before we put it away. The vinyl sauce works good, but I think the Magic Erasers work the best on interiors....
PS: ive had the same problem with the tops leaking, but atleast it smells good, unlike vinegar.

SummitKarl
08-29-2006, 07:54 AM
DWNG is the thing that works for me.
but Michael, you need to add a CAT repellent :mad: , why is it that cats with dirty feet are attracted to a fresh applications of DWNG on purple trucks :cry:

Bradman
08-29-2006, 08:45 AM
Good to be known as ANAL. When we got our Magic it had to go back for the usual fixups and at one point Ron M. told the guy working on it to "Get this done asap because I dont want his boat to sit here and have to hear Bobby complain about being dirty or overspray" to which I said thats only RIGHT, and Thanks! I always take my boat in CLEAN and with everything removed for the work being done, seems to get better care also?? Some of the boats in there I cant believe but then not everybody is anal I guess :idea: NSF
We are definitely known as ANAL and we are PROUD of that. :rollside: Are last boat was a 1999 212 Crownline Deckboat. It had 547 hours on it, but it looked brand new. Paid $25,000.00 got just over $16,000.00 for trade in value. Magic sold it for $20,000.00 in about a week. The salesman at Magic asked if we left the key on when we ran the stero because they could not beleive it had all those hour on it.
http://tkfiles.storage.msn.com/x1pc_jqddVOWRkT6M2_MsS8FVAzfBXGHm1Hp63stNWvoH4BlOW nTa4On8pQDgE9WKrynhtmdpcGob2c-i-PUC_d1-6hKwuYn0PaophJGYLZ4Fo1t_wsuW6g7sGvYO4tyUkBVSTrsxNU Pls

budmeyser
08-29-2006, 09:09 AM
materials and easyest to use for cleaning your boat after you pull it out of the water???????
hot souce for sure... no doubt about it..

Not So Fast
08-29-2006, 09:12 AM
We are definitely known as ANAL and we are PROUD of that. :rollside: Are last boat was a 1999 212 Crownline Deckboat. It had 547 hours on it, but it looked brand new. Paid $25,000.00 got just over $16,000.00 for trade in value. Magic sold it for $20,000.00 in about a week. The salesman at Magic asked if we left the key on when we ran the stero because they could not beleive it had all those hour on it.
http://tkfiles.storage.msn.com/x1pc_jqddVOWRkT6M2_MsS8FVAzfBXGHm1Hp63stNWvoH4BlOW nTa4On8pQDgE9WKrynhtmdpcGob2c-i-PUC_d1-6hKwuYn0PaophJGYLZ4Fo1t_wsuW6g7sGvYO4tyUkBVSTrsxNU Pls
Yeah, it pays off in the end doesn't it? After all, boats arent supposed to get wet, WTF :rolleyes: . Our whole family is sort of anal so Sunday at the Springs the 5 yr old G.D found out how much fun it was to jump off the back of the boat while me and my son cringed, oh well, the smile on her face was worth it. But I do respect other boaters and dont allow splashing of their boats. NSF

bohica
08-29-2006, 09:24 AM
Hey Mike, Congrats on the new Magic.
Duane & Susi

Jyruiz
08-29-2006, 09:27 AM
Yeah, it pays off in the end doesn't it? After all, boats arent supposed to get wet, WTF :rolleyes: . Our whole family is sort of anal so Sunday at the Springs the 5 yr old G.D found out how much fun it was to jump off the back of the boat while me and my son cringed, oh well, the smile on her face was worth it. But I do respect other boaters and dont allow splashing of their boats. NSF
I am anchoring next to your boat next time and I will be doing cannonballs the whole time. :)

SummitKarl
08-29-2006, 09:34 AM
I am anchoring next to your boat next time and I will be doing cannonballs the whole time. :)
Hey Juan, I want in on that one :) 270lbs can displace a whole lot of water :220v:

Not So Fast
08-29-2006, 09:41 AM
Thats not funny you guys :D

Jyruiz
08-29-2006, 10:03 AM
Hey Juan, I want in on that one :) 270lbs can displace a whole lot of water :220v:
Cool, you anchor on one side, I will anchor on the other. :)

Bradman
08-29-2006, 01:06 PM
Hey Mike, Congrats on the new Magic.
Duane & Susi
Hey Duane. Where the heck have you guys been? When are you guys going back to Havasu? Hope all is well and tell Susi hi for us.
Mike & Susie

Magic34
08-29-2006, 01:29 PM
I hear ya... The Phoenix shop just loves it when I bring the boat in. :crossx: