PDA

View Full Version : Kinder Morgan Buy Out

Not So Fast
08-28-2006, 01:31 PM
I just read about this deal and being a poor working stiff my whole life I have trouble comprehending these kinds of figures much less understand them. As I read it they are being bought out by some other conglomerate (sp) for 15$ Billion. They value the stock at $107 and the co founder of Kinder Morgan pipeline, one Richard Kinder, is staying on as CEO and reinvesting his, get this, 24 million shares :idea: My calculator blew a fuse when I tried to compute this and I've got a headache. How rich can one man be??????? But as I tell my wife, to the man with no shoes we look very well off so count your blessings. Peace :chi: NSF

Jyruiz
08-28-2006, 01:33 PM
sick!

Not So Fast
08-28-2006, 01:38 PM
sick!
Damn Juan, less than 2 minutes for a reply, you're spending way too much time on the boards :D NSF

Jyruiz
08-28-2006, 01:41 PM
Damn Juan, less than 2 minutes for a reply, you're spending way too much time on the boards :D NSF
What can I say, slow day at work. :)

OGShocker
08-28-2006, 01:57 PM
The complete story. (http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2006Aug28/0,4670,KinderMorganAcquisition,00.html)

Howie Feltersnatch
08-28-2006, 01:57 PM
He gets about 2.56 billion. Nice chunk of change. Not a bad deal if you put it in the perspective that Mark Cuban, the owner of the Dallas Mavericks made 2 billion on the sale of Broadcast.com to Yahoo when Broadcast.com never made one cent of profit in it's entire existence.

Water Romper
08-28-2006, 01:59 PM
DAMN...can you imagine have that kind of money... :crossx: :220v: :crossx: :220v:

RitcheyRch
08-28-2006, 02:42 PM
I would be happy to have a small percentage of that.

Sigus
08-28-2006, 03:52 PM
I had lunch with Rich a few years ago. This dude is very sharp and frugal, in our conversation he was telling me about how he takes only a dollar a year as his salary. Of course when asked what he took in distributions he just smiled.
He also was mentioning that in his line of work he travels a great deal and he will only fly coach. He was telling a story of how he was flying with some of his employees one time and he was sitting in coach while they were sitting business class. Didn’t go over real big.
From what he built KM into he deserves every dime. Glad to see he is going to stick with after the buy out.