PDA

View Full Version : Web Design Program?

Outnumbered
01-13-2006, 04:20 PM
I want to learn how to design and build a web page. Should I go to a school or is it easy to self-teach? What is the best program to use?
I don't really want to use a service as this is something I have wanted to learn to do myself for some time.
Thanks in advance for the help.

OGShocker
01-13-2006, 04:22 PM
Dreamweaver 8.0 period! :)

Outnumbered
01-13-2006, 04:23 PM
Dreamweaver 8.0 period! :)
Where can I get it and do I need a class to learn to use it?
Thanks

Cole Trickle
01-13-2006, 04:24 PM
Subscribing.......

Outnumbered
01-13-2006, 04:27 PM
Subscribing.......
Are your keyboards limited to 3 word responses? :)
Any way you could elaborate?
Thanks

Cole Trickle
01-13-2006, 04:31 PM
Are your keyboards limited to 3 word responses? :)
Any way you could elaborate?
Thanks
Subscribing to the thread becaue I am interested in doing the same thing.
Like you I am looking for info and have none to share. :)

spectratoad
01-13-2006, 04:33 PM
I took a class in Dreamweaver at the Community college. The program was pretty easy to learn but it was really hard to concentrate in class because the teacher was really hot.

uvindex
01-13-2006, 05:17 PM
I want to learn how to design and build a web page. Should I go to a school or is it easy to self-teach? What is the best program to use?
I don't really want to use a service as this is something I have wanted to learn to do myself for some time.
Thanks in advance for the help.Creating and publishing a simple web page is definitely something you can teach yourself. The more complex of a page you're contemplating the more likely you might need to take a class and/or get outside help (this is just a general statement, of course).
There are a wealth of books and web sites that will help you learn web design stuff on your own. Here's just one that's pretty good: http://www.w3schools.com/ If you go to your local library or bookstore you'll see LOTS of books on learning to do web development.
As mentioned, Dreamweaver is a great web development application. However, it is not free (although they do offer a 30-day trial version). It is also not the easiest to learn, as it is so powerful. To get your feet wet, without spending any money, I recommend Mozilla Composer -- it is free yet still fairly powerful. It is also pretty easy to use. You can download it here: http://www.mozilla.org/products/mozilla1.x/ (it's part of the Mozilla Suite). If you decide to use Dreamweaver later, you can still edit the page that you originally created with Composer.
Good luck! :)

h2oski2fast
01-13-2006, 05:31 PM
I know nothing of what you are talking about. BTW, I use Dreamweaver. Sometimes the code that Dreamweaver makes is a little extensive for the final output, but it is very powerfull.

Rexone
01-13-2006, 06:21 PM
Using Dreamweaver here

OGShocker
01-13-2006, 06:29 PM
Where can I get it and do I need a class to learn to use it?
Thanks
This link will give you a lot of information. (http://www.macromedia.com/support/training/products/dreamweaver.html)
We are rewriting our site. The first time we built it we wrote the code. HTML is not as hard as it looks but, DO NOT TRY IT AT HOME...:D

DeltaSigBoater
01-13-2006, 07:37 PM
I took a class last semester in web design, using dreamweaver and flash. Dreamweaver was easy to learn, Flash on the other hand very difficult, but after a while i sorta kinda got the jitzofit.
For those of you who dont know Adobe, bought out Macromedia and everything was finalized back in Dec. Therefore if anyone was going to buy it, I'd say wait a few more months when the newest version comes out.

RiverToysJas
01-13-2006, 10:19 PM
I used to Microsoft Frontpage 97, but for many years now I've used Adobe GoLive because it works well all the Adobe Products.
RTJas :D

ROZ
01-13-2006, 10:59 PM
Like you I am looking for info and have none to share. :)
I think you just classified 8 out of 10 hb members :D

Outnumbered
01-14-2006, 07:36 AM
Thanks for the info.

bigq
01-14-2006, 08:39 AM
just copy and paste ..it's easy. :D
On a serious note many people can learn the programs , but I think you need a little talent to create a good design. i have done my own sites, but i don't really have a creative bone in my body and that is the way they look. :boxed: