PDA

View Full Version : How come... (Question reg. deck boat with a jet drive...)

Scarab Jet
08-28-2006, 09:59 PM
Was wonderin'... how come there aren't more manufacturers building affordable 20 -22 feet deck boats with a jet drive option? The only ones that I know of are Ultra with their 21 shadow deck (same as TPR 22 Mirage and Renegade Fundeck)and placecraft with their 22 deck...
I'd think for some of us that are ready to move into a boat with more room [and a better overall ride] but still a jet, such an offering would be a "no brainer"...
Mike...

TRUMP TIGHT
08-28-2006, 10:08 PM
Id buy one of the Ultras so someone would have to make an awesome boat to sway me.

Scarab Jet
08-28-2006, 10:28 PM
Id buy one of the Ultras so someone would have to make an awesome boat to sway me.
I have no problem with the Ultra as they build outstanding boats... I just don't like the price tag... By the time you get any combination of engine/drive package that you'll be happy with, you are looking at 60K plus!
Even used ones are expensive... in fact there is one advertised on the boattrader.com priced at... guess what? 60K...
It'd just be nice if some boat builder figured out how to make them more affordable for the average guy... that's all...

TRUMP TIGHT
08-28-2006, 10:42 PM
I have no problem with the Ultra as they build outstanding boats... I just don't like the price tag... By the time you get any combination of engine/drive package that you'll be happy with, you are looking at 60K plus!
Even used ones are expensive... in fact there is one advertised on the boattrader.com priced at... guess what? 60K...
It'd just be nice if some boat builder figured out how to make them more affordable for the average guy... that's all...
And i wish someone would make an affordable full size crew cab pick up with a good size v10. Well there are not to many out their and those that are are built well so we have to pay the $$.:(
I will sign a petition though!:D
Im with ya!

FryJet
08-28-2006, 10:47 PM
There are/were two down south in Yuma where we go. Augie Vidovich and if I remember right A.M. Ortega had one also. I believe they were both like 22' or 24' Advantage Party Cats. They were cool boats but my god, you would have to put about 2000 hp in em to make them run above 50 mph.....lol. I remember hearing one coming up river..............for a long time. It finally went past us at around 50 mph, at around 6 grand...lol. They're good for just using fuel and wearing out engines in my eye. You need a I/O for that big of a boat.
F.J.