PDA

View Full Version : all talk no go II

dossangers
08-26-2002, 09:13 AM
red rock next month will the real racers plese stand up! ill be there in my so called fast boat that i built swap meat stuff nothing like the pros get my own sandwich. whats a plate! yellow sanger old hydro with lots of squuueeezzz! i think im sniffing tooooo muuuch nitroooous.

superdave013
08-26-2002, 10:57 AM
The real racers will be in Bakersfield Sept 7&8. So are you gonna bring the ol' yeller bus up and squuueeezzz off a pass??
Disclamer, I'm a has been racer so I will only be up there to spectate.
As far as Red Rock goes. Sounds like you will be top dog! :D Tell us how you do.

WILDERTHANU54
08-26-2002, 03:48 PM
PARKER STRIP IS MY ROAMING GROUNDS! ! J/K eek!
BE SAFE DUDE!! I'LL BE IN BAKERSFEILD.
GEOFF
[ August 26, 2002, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: WILDERTHANU54 ]

stix818
08-26-2002, 05:01 PM
We can't make it to Bakerfield. Trying to rig the new capsule in the Canyon Marine that Wayne Mettler laid up for us. I'm still trying to get my Cole together. I should be making some races next year. Hoping to run next year. Maybe see you at some of the races. SuperDave what class do you usually run? Dossanger I may have a little for you!! Never know what you may come across.

superdave013
08-26-2002, 05:06 PM
Like I said, I'm a has been racer. I used to run blown gas flat, only in NJBA. I never really had the funds to do it the way it needed to be done. I still had lots of fun and ran pretty well for what I had.
I have a schiada cruiser now that I'm trying to get back together. Just a fun deal. Maybe when it's done I can get dossangers to go play in the afternoon chop with me. :D

stix818
08-26-2002, 11:40 PM
In its day Blown Gas Flat was a pretty big and fast class. I think I've seen pics of it but not sure. For what I saw it seemed like it was a good running boat.

Rexone
08-27-2002, 03:17 AM
Yea back in the day...it was an awesome class. Both Don & Jim Ermshar, Noriega, Jeff Bruns (deceased), Rick Keyes and a host of others running 140 plus...about 15 years ago. Those were also the days of the BFF...Al Bush, Tom Black, etc. god bless them both. I miss those old NDBA races, Bakersfield, "The Beach", Lake Irvine... open boats (not that that's necessarily a good thing)...

WILDERTHANU54
08-27-2002, 08:58 AM
KEYES IS THE MAN, A REALLY GOOD FRIEND OF MY DADS. BLEW "DARK HORSE" ALL THE WAY OVER, MY DAD HAD TO TOW IT HOME. BAD DAY FOR THEM!! CHUCK NORIEGA STAYS IN MY PARK AT THE RIVER, AWESOME GUY! !
GEOFF
[ August 27, 2002, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: WILDERTHANU54 ]