PDA

View Full Version : ride plate

jetboat
08-29-2006, 04:27 AM
need to know how close does the plate have to be from the reverse opening of the jet?before reverse doesent work to well? also there is no additional parts,just a stockjg pump.

IMPATIENT 1
08-29-2006, 05:26 AM
call duane steve and get his shoe/ride plate kit for your avenger, it'll be a different boat afterwards!

jetboat
08-29-2006, 06:00 AM
call duane steve and get his shoe/ride plate kit for your avenger, it'll be a different boat afterwards!
who is duane?

Devilman
08-29-2006, 06:52 AM
who is duane?
Duane at Hi-Tech Performance, more than likely...

IMPATIENT 1
08-29-2006, 07:09 AM
Duane at Hi-Tech Performance, more than likely...steve his web address is: hi-techperformance.com
the kit is the only way to go buddy, save alittle and buy it instead of just building a plate.his kit will come with the shoe,ride plate, attaching bolts, really good instructions and a cradle to support the rear of the ride plate.check into it or call duane and talk with him about your boat and if he thought it would help any.

IMPATIENT 1
08-29-2006, 07:10 AM
d-man, do you run a plate on your avenger??

jetboat
08-29-2006, 07:11 AM
Duane at Hi-Tech Performance, more than likely...
thanks,charlie gave me his number.seems they dont make much for our tyle boats,so ill make what i need.

Devilman
08-29-2006, 07:20 AM
d-man, do you run a plate on your avenger??
Nah, I sure don't. Not to say I wouldn't want one. :D Doesn't the intake have to be pulled out of the boat to be machined for it, though?

IMPATIENT 1
08-29-2006, 07:27 AM
he shows a bolt on kit for c & g pumps,here's a link:
http://hi-techperformance.com/images/C_G_Shoe_Kit_293.jpg

Devilman
08-29-2006, 08:00 AM
he shows a bolt on kit for c & g pumps,here's a link:
http://hi-techperformance.com/images/C_G_Shoe_Kit_293.jpg
No shit huh? I'll be checking that out directly, thanks for the info. I've browsed around his site a few times but never for that. I thought Steve had a JC pump in his boat. I been kicking around the idea of swapping to a G bowl myself, so I could utilize a snoot or a droop if need be..... :cool:

jetboat
08-29-2006, 08:07 AM
No shit huh? I'll be checking that out directly, thanks for the info. I've browsed around his site a few times but never for that. I thought Steve had a JC pump in his boat. I been kicking around the idea of swapping to a G bowl myself, so I could utilize a snoot or a droop if need be..... :cool:
pump is a jg,spoke with duane,he will make or has whats needed for avenger boats.

Devilman
08-29-2006, 08:13 AM
pump is a jg,spoke with duane,he will make or has whats needed for avenger boats.
I just been looking at his site. Looks to be a pretty straightforward installation. Definitely something to consider for a fall project!

IMPATIENT 1
08-29-2006, 09:04 AM
i sat for an hr. one evenin staring at jetboat's(steve) avenger in my carport thinkin about it. the hull design would really be helped by the hi-tech ride plate kit and a straight snoot for more leverage on the hull.bet it would touch 65-68mph if set-up rite.i'm curious to see one of you two do one and see results, i bet it make a world of difference in planeing time and ride, as well as alittle more mph for gettin the hull drier.

IMPATIENT 1
08-29-2006, 09:07 AM
I just been looking at his site. Looks to be a pretty straightforward installation. Definitely something to consider for a fall project!
it took me @ 3hrs to drill and tap everything as perfect as i could and install the kit(on my back,mofo!), took me ALOT longer to flow it in, but it didn't have to be done, just seen roostwear do it and he got good results.

Devilman
08-29-2006, 09:20 AM
it took me @ 3hrs to drill and tap everything as perfect as i could and install the kit(on my back,mofo!), took me ALOT longer to flow it in, but it didn't have to be done, just seen roostwear do it and he got good results.
If I'm looking at the pic correctly, it looks as if you utilize the some of the existing intake bolt holes.... Why the drill & tap, just using bigger/stronger bolts?

jetboat
08-29-2006, 09:39 AM
If I'm looking at the pic correctly, it looks as if you utilize the some of the existing intake bolt holes.... Why the drill & tap, just using bigger/stronger bolts?
tom,just talked with dwane,i must say,he has a lot of respect for you and your knowledge!ata boy.says before adding any plates,he would grind a cam for my stock engine and send all the additional items needed,springs,lifters etc. and as you mentioned add the different timming chain.also said to maybe add a supper bucker spacer between the carb and manu'fld.charlie is trying to kocaet a rear gas tank so the front will be eirher removed or drained if this can be done anytime soon,pm me with a ball park for your time,probley after plowmans?

roostwear
08-29-2006, 10:11 AM
It's a bitch getting the holes drilled and tapped squarely, isn't it? :yuk: What I've found since I did that install is that minor changes to the setup can get even better results. I've had the bowl on and off a few times and consequently my setup changed. I have a little more angle on the plate than I did initially and am right on the edge of porpoising at speed. It does walk just a tad, but is still stable. 2 weeks ago I ran 71.1 with the wife and I in the boat, 1/2 tank, and the bimini up! If for no other reason, I would add the shoe and plate just for the handling... any speed is a side benefit.

jetboat
08-29-2006, 10:15 AM
It's a bitch getting the holes drilled and tapped squarely, isn't it? :yuk: What I've found since I did that install is that minor changes to the setup can get even better results. I've had the bowl on and off a few times and consequently my setup changed. I have a little more angle on the plate than I did initially and am right on the edge of porpoising at speed. It does walk just a tad, but is still stable. 2 weeks ago I ran 71.1 with the wife and I in the boat, 1/2 tank, and the bimini up! If for no other reason, I would add the shoe and plate just for the handling... any speed is a side benefit.
at what angle did you start with,vs what angle ended up with.di you start level and go from there?

roostwear
08-29-2006, 10:43 AM
I'll have to check where it is now when I'm back out at the river in a couple weeks (I don't keep that boat here during the summer). I started at zero, and as I recall it porpoised over 2*. I had some bottom work done on the boat since then (repair, not blueprinting) and minor engine work, so that may be a very small part of it, but if I had to guess, I'm at around 2* again.

IMPATIENT 1
08-29-2006, 11:15 AM
only a few of the holes are already there, the others need to be drill and tapped.it easy, just gotta bolt in what ya can, punch and mark the holes that need to be drilled ,pull the shoe and plate offa and get to work on the rest of the mountin points, very easy and worth every 4 letter word along the way,lol.

FASTRAT
08-29-2006, 11:52 AM
while we are on the subject of ride plates...Roost said he started a 0* & adjusted from there...my ??? is...how do u measure the * of angle down?...what do u use (tool) to measure it?
fastrat

IMPATIENT 1
08-29-2006, 12:06 PM
while we are on the subject of ride plates...Roost said he started a 0* & adjusted from there...my ??? is...how do u measure the * of angle down?...what do u use (tool) to measure it?
fastrat
the keel in frt. of your intake is considered 0 degrees. you want the angle of the ride plate up(the rear of the plate higher than the frt. of it) @ 1-3 degrees, wherever it performs best.you can buy a cheapo angle gauge at home depot for around 14-15 bucks, that's what i use.

IMPATIENT 1
08-29-2006, 12:10 PM
here's one jeg's sells:
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?lang=-1&catalogId=10002&storeId=10001&categoryId=17741
you can buy the same one from the home depot for 10 bucks cheaper and its bright orange, easier to find in a dark toolbox.

Devilman
08-29-2006, 12:17 PM
only a few of the holes are already there, the others need to be drill and tapped.it easy, just gotta bolt in what ya can, punch and mark the holes that need to be drilled ,pull the shoe and plate offa and get to work on the rest of the mountin points, very easy and worth every 4 letter word along the way,lol.
Sounds fun, I almost can't wait, lol.... Having the pump out of the boat make it any easier?