PDA

View Full Version : 05 Suburban - high pitched noise

Havasu_Dreamin
08-29-2006, 07:38 AM
Ok, so on hot days, with the AC on and when stopped at a redlight every so often, not consistently, I hear a high pitched noise that sounds as if it is coming from the right rear of the vehicle.....Any ideas? Anyone else experience the same thing? I have not taken it to the dealer as we all know that it won't make the noise when the dealer has it, friggin murphy's law.....

Jbb
08-29-2006, 07:40 AM
If you have the rear air on the noise you hear is the evap fan for the rear unit..

nip-poles
08-29-2006, 07:44 AM
probably play in the fan shaft but check to see if you have anything in the intake back there. I had a gum wrapper from one of the kids stuck in there made the same noise

Havasu_Dreamin
08-29-2006, 07:45 AM
If you have the rear air on the noise you hear is the evap fan for the rear unit..
I do keep the rear AC on.....If that truly is the souocre of the noise, what can be done to prevent it?

Havasu_Dreamin
probably play in the fan shaft but check to see if you have anything in the intake back there. I had a gum wrapper from one of the kids stuck in there made the same noise
Thanks, I'll check that.....

OutCole'd
Air leak out of a rear window??

Havasu_Dreamin
08-29-2006, 07:47 AM
Air leak out of a rear window??
Surprised you didn't say out of my head! :p The windows pretty much stay up all the time.....

Jbb
08-29-2006, 07:48 AM
I do keep the rear AC on.....If that truly is the souocre of the noise, what can be done to prevent it?
The fan may be hitting the housing,but most likely something got sucked in

OutCole'd
08-29-2006, 07:49 AM
Surprised you didn't say out of my head! :p The windows pretty much stay up all the time.....
LOL
Still, check the window seals. Happened on my wifes Tahoe, just pinched the seal and caused a leak.

rrrr
08-29-2006, 08:17 AM
Turn it off. :D :D

Havasu_Dreamin
08-29-2006, 08:24 AM
Turn it off. :D :D
Smarta$$.....I resemble that! :p

kevnmcd
08-29-2006, 09:17 AM
I guess it's time to step up to the plate and buy that Duramax that you have been wanting! :)

Havasu_Dreamin
08-29-2006, 09:35 AM
I guess it's time to step up to the plate and buy that Duramax that you have been wanting! :)
I wish.....boy do I wish..... :) :cry:

H20 Party Starter
08-29-2006, 04:16 PM
Is it deffinately related to the AC????? can you hear it outside the car?
If it's an exterior noise.....
Sounds like a cross between a belt slipping and a bumble bee? Only when it's over 100 degrees? FUEL PUMP :)
Sounds stupid, but my old 2000 chext truck w/ the 5.3 did the same thing and drove me nuts! Took me asking numerous techs until I found a Mastertech who knew exactly what I was talking about because he had the same issue w/ his truck. The fuel pump is in the tank itself accessed only by dropping the tank. Making noise when hot is normal I hear and is NOT a sign of a problem. I replaced mine at 120K miles just as preventative maint. and the part alone is over 400. There is a little filter on the bottom of the pump that looks like a tea-bag that can get clogged also which can reduce fuel pressure also. The chevy electronics would prevent you from bi-passing the stock fuel pump and installing an aftermarket one....I asked.
I solved the problem by turning up the stereo :cool:

Moe_Havi
08-29-2006, 04:34 PM
I know it sounds like the back but are you sure it is not the centrifical sp. fan on the engine that goes on in hot weather? I have an 03 Yukon XL and when you pull from a stop it sounds like it is revving like crazy but you look at the RPM's and they are low. It's pulling extra air through the rediator. Could that be it?
Moe

Havasu_Dreamin
08-29-2006, 05:12 PM
H2O and Moe, now you've got me thinking.....On a positive note, it did not make the noise today on the way home.....

Kilrtoy
08-29-2006, 05:16 PM
Is this an ear piercing sound..
If so I spent months with the same problem.. They checked everything in the damn truck and kept saying nothing is wrong.
Finally it happened and the wife got it to the dealer and they heard it, So
Finally a specially was brought in and WAAALAAAAA
it was a bad AMP.....
05 chevy duramax

Havasu_Dreamin
08-29-2006, 05:21 PM
If so I spent months with the same problem.. They checked everything in the damn truck and kept saying nothing is wrong.
it was a bad AMP.....
05 chevy duramax
It can be kind of loud, so maybe.....It's not ear piercing as in you need to cover your ears but it is pretty loud. Only lasts for a few seconds, 10 max.....Did/do you have the Bose sound system in the truck?

3 daytona`s
08-29-2006, 05:25 PM
it was a bad AMP.....
05 chevy duramax
The very same thing happened to me several months ago,but once the specially was brought in, "DONE DEAL" :)