PDA

View Full Version : 12jb nozzle rebuild...how

TheBigUgly
08-29-2006, 08:59 AM
Ive got a 12jb-a and apparently the problem is that the clearence between the (someone called it a) turning nozzle and the part that that turns inside have become too great and not all the water is coming out the nozzle. Apparently they dont make parts for these anymore and what they did back in the day was just weld em up and turn em down... So i guess im looking for a used set or any suggestions on what to do, thanks.

TheBigUgly
08-29-2006, 09:18 AM
just talked to a guy at legend and he said to see if theres enough meat on the nozzle to have someone put a groove in it that would accept the seal/o-ring and that would do it, anyone in nor-cal i should ask?

Oldsquirt
08-29-2006, 09:51 AM
I believe the JC and JG steering nozzles work in the JB. If so there should be tons of those lying around from people who have upgraded to a diverter. Lot cheaper, faster and easier than machining an o-ring groove in yours.

Squirtcha?
08-29-2006, 01:06 PM
I believe Oldsquirt is right about the JG and JB nozzles being interchangeable. I have a JG nozzle sitting on my shelf. It doesn't belong to me but I could talk to my buddy (who decided 6 years ago to store it in my garage) to see if he wants to part with it.
Or you might be able to find one closer to home.
Or..................maybe it's time to buy that Diverter that you know you want!
Dan

roostwear
08-29-2006, 01:18 PM
I'm in the same situation with the JA in the Stevens. It looks the same as the JG except for the seal. Problem is, there isn't enough material to machine a groove for the seal.
Oh, and can't add a diverter.......

Cas
08-29-2006, 10:50 PM
BU,
Where in NorCAl are you? I've got a JG nozzle but no seal that is just taking up space in my shed.