08-29-2006, 10:51 AM
August 14, 2006
Outerlimits Offshore Powerboats
91 Broad Common Road
Bristol, RI 02809
Phone: 401-253-7300
Fax: 401-253-3688
Outerlimits Teams with Tres Martin Performance School for Safety on the Water
Bristol RI – August 18, 2006 – Outerlimits is pleased to announce that with the purchase of every new 2007 Outerlimits, a certified course at the Tres Martin Performance Boating School is included. Now, each Outerlimits customer will have the opportunity to learn through a highly skilled professional how to safely enjoy and maintain their new boat.
Tres Martin, a renowned high performance racing champion, started in the boating industry in the late 70s. He has numerous racing victories including World and National Championships. His knowledge and experience is available to boaters who wish to better their skills and take their own understanding of boating to a higher level. The Tres Martin Performance Boating School has filled a need in our industry by teaching boat owners the proper and safe usage of their vessels. Martin is a strong advocate of safe boating and believes safety and handling theories need the most time - so the first full day is spent in the classroom. The session begins by covering the basics of boating safety and related equipment, from PFDs and fire extinguishers to kill lanyards. Then topics include rules of the waterway, simple boat maintenance and occupant safety plus a complete explanation of the dynamics of hull design. Time is spent on the specifics of trimming, tabbing, acceleration, deceleration, turning, wave and wake crossing and how to take corrective action in the event of a problem. The class then covers the techniques for maneuvering such as docking and other tight situations. On day two, the students get a first hand demonstration of everything they have learned out on Lake Weir in Ocala Florida. (Classes are also exportable at other locations with a minimum of 4 people.) The students are shown how to perform an essential equipment pre-launch check, common maintenance tips and potential problem areas. In the last two hours of the class, Martin makes a thorough effort to make sure the students are capable of putting their newly acquired skills into practice. If students bring their own boat, they will have the opportunity to be behind the wheel during maneuvers after class completion. “This class focuses on safety, having fun, and proper usage of your boat”, stated Martin. “I want to bring a safe educational approach to high performance boating to owners and operators.” Upon completion of the class, an official certificate of completion is presented to each student. Students walk away from this class with a newfound knowledge, confidence and understanding of their vessel’s operations. Another major benefit to the school is that many insurance agents and companies offer a discount rate on their insurance policies.
“We want our customers to enjoy their new Outerlimits in complete safety,” stated Mike Fiore, president of Outerlimits. “And if there is a way we can assist them with discounted insurance rates, well that is just another advantage. Our customers deserve the absolute best support available so that is why we are offering this opportunity to every 2007 customer. Our client satisfaction rate has always been and continues to be the best in the industry. This is just one more benefit from Outerlimits that illustrates our commitment to our customers.”
Outerlimits Offshore Powerboats fills a unique niche in the offshore high performance industry by delivering custom, made-to-order powerboats for select clientele. Outerlimits has been a cutting edge company, staying ahead of its competitors since its inception in 1993. Through their innovations and a team of professionals who combine their individual talents to produce a level of craftsmanship that cannot be equaled, Outerlimits has been building boats that surpassed the others in design, luxury, and performance.
For further information on the complete line of boats that they offer, contact Outerlimits Offshore Powerboats, 91 Broad Common Road, Bristol, RI 02809 (401) 253-7300 or visit their website at www.outerlimitspowerboats.com
For additional information on the Tres Martin Performance Boating School, 9440 W Hwy 326, Ocala, FL 34482, call (352) 620-8737 or visit their website at
www.performanceboatschool.com

Tres
08-29-2006, 10:53 AM
I am going to have a school in the havasu area in Mid October.If you woould like to join please contact us. 352 620-8737

ChumpChange
08-29-2006, 03:10 PM
Looks like someday we will meet Tres. Someday when I can afford my Outerlimits. Congrats and I look forward to that day.

Rock-it man
08-29-2006, 03:36 PM
I am going to have a school in the havasu area in Mid October.If you woould like to join please contact us. 352 620-8737
Hey !! Tres there is a poker run at Havasu Oct 13-14 ( Absolute Speed & marine ) If your there will try and see ya . We will be there with the SL44 at London Bridge Resort Fri & Sat .
Hey ! Guys I have taken the class and you won't be disapointed .You will learn things you could never learn anywhere else . Well worth the $$ beleave me the class can save your life and others. !!!!!!!!!
Thanks
Wayne
Liquid Technologies LLC.

Tres
08-30-2006, 05:23 AM
Then I should be there 11th and 12th Or we can do 15th 16th