PDA

View Full Version : dicudmore, I have a question please...

BarryMac
08-29-2006, 10:59 AM
We are trying to replace the Crank Posiition Sensor on my Bosses 01 2500HD with the 8.1L motor, we cannot find where it is located, can you tell us where it is?

dicudmore
08-29-2006, 11:03 AM
between the upper two trans bolts on the driver side rear of the engine...
approx 10" long

dicudmore
08-29-2006, 11:10 AM
Is it really tough to change out? What's the GM book say timewise? I'm gonna charge the boss twice that, maybe get the big bottle of Kettle One... :D
yes, it is a biatch to change out...it basically touches the firewall. You're likely gonna need a pretty good sized pry bar and "finesse" the firewall a little bit to get it out. I don't remember the exact time and don't have access anymore but I believe it to be about 2 hours :220v:

Beer-30
08-29-2006, 11:10 AM
I would have spent a day or so looking around the balancer, wondering where the hell they stuffed it. My next thought was behind the timing cover. That would have been the next day shot.

Kachina26
08-29-2006, 11:24 AM
It's a mo fo!!! My partner did them all, we got 3 hours with diag. He finally found the trick set up for the bolt and he managed to get it done in about 45 minutes or so. We knocked the labor down to 2 hours. I forget what warranty paid, but it was at least an hour with diag.