PDA

View Full Version : God or Not?

Her454
08-29-2006, 05:40 PM
A few threads got me thinking about the majority and what the belief is. Don't care about the particular religions on the boards or any specifics but the bottom line is, God Or Not in your life?

mickeyfinn
08-29-2006, 05:49 PM
6 votes.....Thread says only one view.....hmmmmmm

riverluvr
08-29-2006, 05:52 PM
Absolutely.....yes yes yes.

Big Kahunaa
08-29-2006, 05:57 PM
religion is for follower's i'll see the day i meet the end

Devil's Advocate
08-29-2006, 06:02 PM
Not much for organized religion, do I have faith, yes, definitely.

Mr. Crusader 83
08-29-2006, 06:03 PM
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooo

Mrs.Killer
08-29-2006, 06:05 PM
I agree. I believe in a higher power, but it dosen't run my life.

SummitKarl
08-29-2006, 06:07 PM
Ditto!!!!!!!!!

Devil's Advocate
08-29-2006, 06:10 PM
And pay no attention to my HB handle.... :crossx: The big G is the one I put my faith in...

Cheap Thrills
08-29-2006, 06:17 PM
And pay no attention to my HB handle.... :crossx: The big G is the one I put my faith in...
G ? :confused:

Cheap Thrills
08-29-2006, 06:18 PM
C.T. :wink:

Devil's Advocate
08-29-2006, 06:19 PM
refer to thread title.. :rolleyes: :)

VanDeano
08-29-2006, 06:23 PM
Whats the matter you can't say him or her by name.....maybe you'll burn your tongue :p j/k

SummitKarl
08-29-2006, 06:23 PM
didn't I see a picture of you giving Mrs Killer a Lap dance, I Know there just had to be some prayer involved there :)

Devil's Advocate
08-29-2006, 06:28 PM
didn't I see a picture of you giving Mrs Killer a Lap dance, I Know there just had to be some prayer involved there :)
Yes there was, Oh my God what did Miguel slip in my drink?? :crossx:

Kilrtoy
08-29-2006, 06:38 PM
Yes there was, Oh my God what did Miguel slip in my drink?? :crossx:
I never do that, I just pray for it to happen
kinda like jerry Falwell does, oh wait those were hookers never mind

ratso
08-29-2006, 06:40 PM
You know, it's hard to believe in things I can't see. It's like having to take someones word on it with really no proof. Not a day goes by that I don't wonder about it though. I was raised Catholic... all the classes and all their ways of doing things, but things happened with my family which I won't go into detail on, and I'm thinking man, these are RELIGIOUS people, and look at the fu#kin' BS they just pulled. There are also innocent good people whose lives are taken in such a horrible fashion and you hear crap like "Well, God has his reasons." Bullsh#t!!! It's like some little twisted game. "Well, you better believe in me or else..." It's like the Loch Ness Monster, Sasquatch, UFO's, or the perfect woman... I got serious doubts about any of that existing too. Oh, and then all the homosexual priests banging the altar boys... You gotta kind of wonder about a religion that doesn't allow their priests to marry or have sex with a woman. Heck I guess they found a loophole there huh? I haven't exactly been an angel during my time here on Earth. The ten commandments... I've been through my share of them too. Either way I figure I lose in the end. I doubt Saint Peter is gonna say "Ratso, you've been a bad boy, but I'm gonna let you thumbwrestle me to see if I let you in or not... or else you're going to a place a lot hotter than Havasu!" I don't know... I want to believe. At times I think that maybe I'm already living in Hell with all I've gone through in my life, and I would really hate it if the end was nothing more than a cold dark coffin. Yeah... some kind of sign would be nice...
Oh, I didn't see "Maybe" in this poll...

Devil's Advocate
08-29-2006, 06:45 PM
You know, it's hard to believe in things I can't see. It's like having to take someones word on it with really no proof. Not a day goes by that I don't wonder about it though. I was raised Catholic... all the classes and all their ways of doing things, but things happened with my family which I won't go into detail on, and I'm thinking man, these are RELIGIOUS people, and look at the fu#kin' BS they just pulled. There are also innocent good people whose lives are taken in such a horrible fashion and you hear crap like "Well, God has his reasons." Bullsh#t!!! It's like some little twisted game. "Well, you better believe in me or else..." It's like the Loch Ness Monster, Sasquatch, UFO's, or the perfect woman... I got serious doubts about any of that existing too. Oh, and then all the homosexual priests banging the altar boys... You gotta kind of wonder about a religion that doesn't allow their priests to marry or have sex with a woman. Heck I guess they found a loophole there huh? I haven't exactly been an angel during my time here on Earth. The ten commandments... I've been through my share of them too. Either way I figure I lose in the end. I doubt Saint Peter is gonna say "Ratso, you've been a bad boy, but I'm gonna let you thumbwrestle me to see if I let you in or not... or else you're going to a place a lot hotter than Havasu!" I don't know... I want to believe. At times I think that maybe I'm already living in Hell with all I've gone through in my life, and I would really hate it if the end was nothing more than a cold dark coffin. Yeah... some kind of sign would be nice...
I thought you already of Nymphomanism as your religion.. :crossx:

Cheap Thrills
08-29-2006, 06:47 PM
I was just wondering because we could all define and believe in God differently.
Several relegions define "God" differently in name and belief.
For instance the Christian community (as defined in the lords prayer) states God's name as Hallowed ( Hallowed be thy name) or Holy God.
another would be Jehova comming from the New Latin, reading (as YehOwAh) of Hebrew Yahweh.
Or comming from islamic community Allah. Just to name a few.
Not to mention the Greek Gods which are far to numerous to mention in a short post without boring the shit out of everybody.
Non Denominational Spiritual. but not religious though I believe in a higher power I'm not in total agreement with one religion over another. I do tend to lean towards the Christian beliefs I have taken what agrees with my inner self from several different areas of different congregations and try to apply it where and when I can. Be true to yourself and be kind to others.

deltaAce
08-29-2006, 06:47 PM
"Lord, the sea is so large & my boat is so small, please bring me home from my journey". This prayer has been spoken by boater's for centuries. I too, praise a loving creator, God.

Devil's Advocate
08-29-2006, 06:48 PM
I was just wondering because we could all define and believe in God differently.
For instance the Christian community (as defined in the lords prayer) states God's name as Hallowed ( Hallowed be thy name) or Holy God.
another would be Jehova comming from the New Latin, reading (as YehOwAh) of Hebrew Yahweh.
Not to mention the Greek Gods which are far to numerous to mention in a short post without boring the shit out of everybody.
Spiritual but not religious though I believe in a higher power I'm not in total agreement with one religion over another. I do tend to lean towards the Christian beliefs I have taken what agrees with my inner self from several different areas of different congregations and try to apply it where and when I can. Be true to yourself and be kind to others.
God as defined as a higher being, not implicitly defined by any one religion.

VanDeano
08-29-2006, 06:53 PM
FAITH is the only thing to hope for in my opinion.

RAZORSHARP
08-29-2006, 06:57 PM
with the likes of women like mrs. killer and devil's advocate, isn't it obvious there is a God.

deltaAce
08-29-2006, 07:03 PM
Yeah... some kind of sign would be nice...
Our Country formed on Christian principles, proclaiming "In God We Trust", rising up to be the greatest superpower the world has ever known, more wealth, technology, toys & freedoms, where most anyone has a chance to live like a king. That has been a sign for many! :)

Tom Brown
08-29-2006, 07:14 PM
Kill everyone who doesn't believe in God.

Cheap Thrills
08-29-2006, 07:17 PM
Kill everyone who doesn't believe in God.
Have you been reading "The National Sunday Law " Tom ?

Tom Brown
08-29-2006, 07:18 PM
CT, it has come to my attention that your posts are the work of Satan.

Cheap Thrills
08-29-2006, 07:22 PM
:cry: Noooooo :cry: I was refering to This (http://www.seventh-day.org/Read_NSL.htm) some of it makes scary sense

ratso
08-29-2006, 07:23 PM
Tom... One Word... Backmasking.
Don't you have a "Stairway To Heaven" album you can go play backwards? :crossx:

Her454
08-29-2006, 07:26 PM
Non Denominational Spiritual. but not religious though I believe in a higher power I'm not in total agreement with one religion over another. I do tend to lean towards the Christian beliefs I have taken what agrees with my inner self from several different areas of different congregations and try to apply it where and when I can. Be true to yourself and be kind to others.
That was the basis for my question, if you believe or not. Like Ratso I question it too sometimes and have seen some things I dont understand in this world but you can bet your ass when things have come down to life and death I tend to believe in the higher power, for whatever reason that may be.

Cheap Thrills
08-29-2006, 07:26 PM
Tom... One Word... Backmasking. :crossx:
like this ? (http://youtube.com/watch?v=GUM3KUDQB_Y)

ratso
08-29-2006, 07:29 PM
like this ? (http://youtube.com/watch?v=GUM3KUDQB_Y)
I think most of it started with the Beatles... :idea:

VanDeano
08-29-2006, 07:31 PM
with the likes of women like mrs. killer and devil's advocate, isn't it obvious there is a God.
Amen brother!

Tom Brown
08-29-2006, 07:38 PM
I think most of it started with the Beatles... :idea:
You mean the band that was more popular than Jesus?

ratso
08-29-2006, 07:39 PM
You mean the band that was more popular than Jesus?
I'm A Believer

Tom Brown
08-29-2006, 07:40 PM
All you need is love, Ratso. Love is all you need. :)

Devil's Advocate
08-29-2006, 07:40 PM
That was the basis for my question, if you believe or not. Like Ratso I question it too sometimes and have seen some things I dont understand in this world but you can bet your ass when things have come down to life and death I tend to believe in the higher power, for whatever reason that may be.
I think it gives us some greater sense of security knowing someone or something else is out there watching over this crazy world of ours. What you can't see, touch, hear, taste, but you know is there, that's what it means to have faith. We can't prove it, we just somehow know it exsists.

ratso
08-29-2006, 07:41 PM
I'm A Believer
Wait, that was the Monkees...

ratso
08-29-2006, 07:42 PM
I think it gives us some greater sense of security knowing someone or something else is out there watching over this crazy world of ours. What you can't see, touch, hear, taste, but you know is there, that's what it means to have faith. We can't prove it, we just somehow know it exsists.
Cool... that means I have faith in you... :idea:

ratso
08-29-2006, 07:43 PM
That would be Lust Tom... Lust.

FMluvswater
08-29-2006, 07:54 PM
I haven't seen the wind but I've seen what it can do; seen things moved because of it.
I believe in God and I believe in His son Jesus Christ. I also accept I might be wrong. Still I choose to keep believing and praying and trying to live accordingly - I'm human I make mistakes and have faith that He already knew I would. The way I see it is if there isn't a higher power- when all is said and done being wrong won't have hurt me or those I've loved.

Cheap Thrills
08-29-2006, 07:57 PM
I haven't seen the wind but I've seen what it can do; seen things moved because of it.
I believe in God and I believe in His son Jesus Christ. I also accept I might be wrong. Still I choose to keep believing and praying and trying to live accordingly - I'm human I make mistakes and have faith that He already knew I would. The way I see it is if there isn't a higher power- when all is said and done being wrong won't have hurt me or those I've loved.
Best post so far :rollside:

Cas
08-29-2006, 08:24 PM
Ditto that. I was raised in a pretty devout Catholic atmosphere, Catholic school and then Caticism...1st Holy Communion, Confermation and then I got into my 20's. I started doubting a lot of what I had grown learning about God via the Catholic religion. I realized that I was basically taught to be afraid of the person that was so good and almighty. Commit a mortal sin and you're going to a place where fire is preminent and there's one big ass scary guy yielding a pitch fork, has fire in his eyes and has a spike ended tail. God will have sent me there due to his refusal of letting me into a nice fluffy place in the clouds. Eternal punishment, I thought there was supposed to be forgiveness? Does saying 15 Hail Mary's and 20 Our Father's really obsolve you of sins? They're still there in your past but I sure do remember how good I felt after confession and all those prayers....maybe it was just getitng them off my chest that really counted.
Given all that, I've still tried to base my life's decisions on what I learned in those early years. Is it the fear of God or the love of him? Either way, I believe that what I learned was the difference between right and wrong, I learned there are rewards for doing the right thing and consequences for doing wrong. I learned that doing something right may only get you praise for a short time but doing something wrong can last a lifetime....maybe that's the true hell?
God, in my opinion, isn't only a supreme being but what's in your inner soul. God is a belief, a thought, a feeling, a comforter, a guide, and many others.
What God no longer is in my mind is something to be afraid of.
One thing I never did learn though, who is the Holy Ghost and why do we pray to him/her/it?

Kim Hanson
08-29-2006, 08:36 PM
I know you might find it hard to believe, but I believe there is a GOD ! I went to Church every Sunday till I was 10 years old, same amount of Sunday School, plus parochial school in the summer. I have changed alot since then and I AM SURE HE FORGIVES ME. For I have spent alot of time in his place of honor and never will forget it. I am not a bad person, just someone right now that likes to rattle shit up and wake them up to what isn't real.
I can't seem to wake you people up, I am not this bad person which you all so much despise. I am this blonde haired, blue eyed guy called Kim, I know it's hard to be called that name and live with it. But I have and allways will .
Now , can you tell me why the image center isn't working Traci? :p ......( . )( . )...........The other stuff I said is true :)

Her454
08-29-2006, 08:42 PM
Very well said. :)

Jesster
08-29-2006, 08:49 PM
Great post.
Who does it hurt to believe? Another question would be who is helped by belief in God. If you live your life in a "do unto others" approach many people are affected, for the good, by the way you live your life. Live your life in a "screw em I don't know em" approach and many people are the worse for having met you.
Somebody talked about all the bad things that happen to good people. I say "Free Will" I don't think God micro manages I think he put us here to our own devices, come what may.
I was also raised Catholic I don't consider myself Catholic any longer, but I do consider myself Christian, and the things that were done to all those kids is terrible, but I think God will set aside a personal hell for the people responsible, and anything done to them in this life is nothing compared to what awaits them. (I hope) I guess that is faith. I would rather have faith and believe in something than have none and suffer the consequences. Because in the end what did faith cost me? Nothing. Actually it is very comforting. I will get a lot more out of it than it gets out of me. :argue: :)

CornWater
08-29-2006, 08:50 PM
Devout Darwinist.....

Kim Hanson
08-29-2006, 09:10 PM
I know there really is and that's that, believe what you want! I was brought up religious and still will allways live that way....( . )( . )..........

deltaAce
08-29-2006, 11:12 PM
God made Earth for us as a sort of "Boot Camp" for us. To see how well we get along with & treat others. A test to see if we are the kind souls deserving of an everlasting life as Angel Spirits, free to explore the rest of his mighty creations, the Universe, feeling loved & content, always. Ever had the dream where your 'floating over a field or houses?
Those with evil hearts will be holding the soap-on-a-rope in satans hot shower room!

Kachina26
08-29-2006, 11:40 PM
He's always my co-pilot :)
Move over, you're in the wrong seat :D

Kilrtoy
08-29-2006, 11:42 PM
I think the devil created them
Cause they make men do
VERY EVIL THINGS :boxed: :devil: :devil:

Jbb
08-30-2006, 02:57 AM
The walrus was Paul.... :skull:

Howie Feltersnatch
08-30-2006, 03:59 AM
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooo
HAHA! Ditto!

SUPERDUTYRHINO
08-30-2006, 05:14 AM
Evolution or creation? You gotta be kidding, no monkey ancestors for me; GOD all the way!

Wicky
08-30-2006, 05:19 AM
Burn the witches!!! They're evil!!!

Wicky
08-30-2006, 05:21 AM
God made Earth for us as a sort of "Boot Camp" for us. To see how well we get along with & treat others. A test to see if we are the kind souls deserving of an everlasting life as Angel Spirits, free to explore the rest of his mighty creations, the Universe, feeling loved & content, always. Ever had the dream where your 'floating over a field or houses?
Those with evil hearts will be holding the soap-on-a-rope in satans hot shower room!
I wanna smoke what you're smoking!!!!! :) :) That would be cool!!! Huh huh hu....huh......huh.

lucky
08-30-2006, 05:50 AM
A few threads got me thinking about the majority and what the belief is. Don't care about the particular religions on the boards or any specifics but the bottom line is, God Or Not in your life?
yes , and i use to enjoy when he talked to me threw the boards :)

Caribbean Jet
08-30-2006, 06:07 AM
God is a very big part of our lives.

catman-do
08-30-2006, 06:34 AM
I do believe in God as a Christian, however my girlfriend does not. She believes in a "higher power", just not one particular God. I believe for my own sake, but I NEVER impose my beliefs on others... Too many friends of different faiths or no faith that are very good people.

Wet Dream
08-30-2006, 06:43 AM
The two best so far.

chub
08-30-2006, 08:19 AM
May the Lord Jesus Christ bless and keep us all! :boxed:

Jbb
08-30-2006, 09:06 AM
Brown is undecided about evolution....look where he comes from (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1882290023386795738&q=genre%3Ahorror)

Devil's Advocate
08-30-2006, 09:25 AM
I think the devil created them
Cause they make men do
VERY EVIL THINGS :boxed: :devil: :devil:
:D :devil:

UnionJack
08-30-2006, 09:49 AM
Whatever your think is great, just don't push it on me

TRUMP TIGHT
08-30-2006, 10:06 AM
I guess you could call what i believe in GOD but all i know is that there is something bigger then me. Other then that it is beyond my comprehension so i dont try and label things acts of GOD or even try and understand what it does.
WE DONT KNOW!!!

Jungle Boy
08-30-2006, 10:16 AM
Religion is a weakness and a crutch in my non believing opinion. Look at all the issues surrounding other peoples "gods". They kill over their misguided beliefs. If you don't believe in my god I'll kill you and your kids for believing inyours. Crazy. Crazy. :skull:

Flyinbowtie
08-30-2006, 10:33 AM
There is a God, and his son is Jesus Christ.
I am a Christian, my wife was raised a Catholic.
We don't regularly attend any organized church, but do sometimes drop in on a non-denominational Christ-centered congregation.
Our boys were Baptized Methodist, as was I.
Our Faith was confirmed when the Lord answered our prayers and let our youngest son, Justin, recover from an illness he was born with that should have either taken his life or left him severely handicapped. The people at UCDMC were just as astounded by his recovery as we were, and when we got to take him home after 31 days in the neonatal ICU/CCU, we had been prepared to raise a child whom would probably never even be able to tie his own shoes.
Wrong.
That young man will graduate from H.S. next spring, is driving and holding down a part-time job. UCDMC is still stunned, and we have released his medical records for teaching purposes. mostly becasue they have no idea how he "cured himself" and has achieved as much as he has.
Prayer works. I am far from perfect, but this experience cemented what I already knew deep in my heart.
Sorry for the rant. The deal I made when praying for Justin was that I would tell this story every time the opportunity presented itself, God held up his end of the bargain, I am trying to hold up mine.

ratso
08-30-2006, 10:46 AM
God
Jesus Christ
The Lord
Holy Ghost
Holy Spirit
I'm lost already there...
Catholic
Methodist
Baptist
Southern Baptist?
Jewish
Mormon
Hebrew
Jehova's Witness
Church Of Christ
Lutheran
Christian Science
Interdenominational
Orthodox
Episcopal
Seventh Day Adventist
Presbyterian
Mennonite
Missionary (for some reason that sounds like my favorite)
I'm sure I forgot some, but which of these do you choose to keep from burning in Hell?

Her454
08-30-2006, 11:00 AM
God
Jesus Christ
The Lord
Holy Ghost
Holy Spirit
I'm lost already there...
Catholic
Methodist
Baptist
Southern Baptist?
Jewish
Mormon
Hebrew
Jehova's Witness
Church Of Christ
Lutheran
Christian Science
Interdenominational
Orthodox
Episcopal
Seventh Day Adventist
Presbyterian
Mennonite
Missionary (for some reason that sounds like my favorite)
I'm sure I forgot some, but which of these do you choose to keep from burning in Hell?
Ratso, not so much as what you choose, but what you believe. BTW, I was raised Missionary Baptist LOL.

Flyinbowtie
08-30-2006, 11:03 AM
As long as the church is Christ-centered, you're okay, IMHO.
What is much more important and to the point is to not get mixed-up by all the human-created obfuscation, confusion, and out-of-focus shiznit people insert into everything they get involved with. The name on the outside of the church doesn't make a big difference as long as there is a Big Cross someplace on the building..the name isn't nearly as important as what is in the heart's of the people inside. None of them are any better than you are, ratso.

KingCole
08-30-2006, 11:20 AM
I believe in God, and that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior. Does that make me better than anyone else? Hell no. All that means is that I have a personal relationship with the Father and His Son. If you don't understand that, that's fine, that's your choice. It takes some faith. We all live and die by the choices we make. Believing in God is not a life or death choice, but at the end of time I would rather be on his good side.
By the way, even Satan believes in God.

AzMandella
08-30-2006, 12:30 PM
After spending 6 yrs in Catholic school(7th thru 12th grade) and studying the bible every day except weekends and summer break I've only learned a few things1
1 you cannot prove anything the bible says scientificaly(spelling) or proof wise.It is based on blind faith and blind faith only.
2. In a socioty where we teach our children and ourselves not to believe anything you read and only 1/2 of what you see. But we should believe everything written in the bible.A book written by men who at the time could not explain the things going on around them other than to attribute it to acts of god because they had not been able to explain it scientificly as we can now.
3.Anyone who has studied the bible also knows that many parts of the bible have been re-written numerous times over the last 1000 yrs as man became wiser.many theologins believe the book of Noah has been re-written as many as 7 times so as to make it more believable as time went on because as man became wiser the story became less balievable.So if the stories are true why do they have to be revised?
4.Not to offend anyone because it does not apply to everyone.But I have found that some of the most devout religios people are some of the most hypacritical people around.The Catholic church and their resistance to address the problem of their child molesting priests for over 100 yrs is a blatant example.
5. And last but not least.But if we all came from the first two people created(Adam And Eve).Why all the different religions?wouldn't you think that the truest followings of god would be the original beliefs set foreward from the begining.that would most likely make the Jewish religion the true first religion.As the Tora outdates the bible by a long shot.

Her454
08-30-2006, 12:43 PM
5. And last but not least.But if we all came from the first two people created(Adam And Eve).Why all the different religions?wouldn't you think that the truest followings of god would be the original beliefs set foreward from the begining.that would most likely make the Jewish religion the true first religion.As the Tora outdates the bible by a long shot.
Read my post again. Simply GOD or NOT. Right or wrong, Im not bashing, questioning, defending ANY type of religion or trying to be a Bible Thumper or Holy Roller. Im just trying to get the concensous on what people believe.

ratso
08-30-2006, 01:20 PM
Read my post again. Simply GOD or NOT. Right or wrong, Im not bashing, questioning, defending ANY type of religion or trying to be a Bible Thumper or Holy Roller. Im just trying to get the concensous on what people believe.
LMAO... sorry, but this is coming from one of the biggest thread jackers on here... :D
Luv ya 454... :rollside: :)

Her454
08-30-2006, 01:21 PM
LMAO... sorry, but this is coming from one of the biggest thread jackers on here... :D
Luv ya 454... :rollside: :)
.....but I always say Im sorry LOL................. that has to count for somethin, RAT. :rollside:

lucky
08-30-2006, 01:51 PM
.....but I always say Im sorry LOL................. that has to count for somethin, RAT. :rollside:
even after sex -- :crossx:

ratso
08-30-2006, 02:07 PM
ROTFLMAO!!! That's too good Lucky! :rollside: :)

Her454
08-30-2006, 02:09 PM
hehehehe Lucky........ just cuz he sayz it, thinkin everyone does. :rolleyes:

ekbearly
08-30-2006, 02:10 PM
AzMandella,
You make some interesting statements and I would like to hear your view on how the world was created and why we are here. You seem to find a lot of faults in the Bible, but offer no real alternative. I am interested in hearing your scientifically provable account as I am open to any alternatives. At this point, I believe the Bible is the most logical account and have no reason to believe otherwise.
As for your other points:
1. Many things man proved in more recent years: ocean tides, the earth being a sphere, etc. were written about thousands of years before-hand in the Bible. How did these men know these things?
2. Christ and his miracles are recorded in the accounts of historical atheists. How are these miracles explained scientifically today? How is the splitting of the Red Sea accounted for scientifically. It did happen... check out the chariot wheels they found at the bottom of the sea:
http://pinkoski.com/files/index.php?id=34
How about Sodom & Gomorrah:
http://pinkoski.com/files/index.php?id=32
3. This is just not true. The Bible has been passed down from the ages, but there are no doctrinal issues that have been modified throughout that time. In fact the Bible, by far, has a lower percentage of changes/mistakes in copying from generation to generation than any other book ever recorded... and those changes don't change the meaning of anything doctrinal. Do some research... you will find that this is true.
4. This is not an argument. God acknowledges that humans will make mistakes. That is why he sent his Son to die for us. Christians don't claim to be perfect, we are just trying to live right. Also, not everyone who claims to follow Christ actually follows his teachings. Hypocrites are addressed harshly in the Bible. No one living in this way is following Christ's teachings. All of the Christians I am surrounded by are the most caring/selfless people I know. I wouldn't call the Catholic church a good example of Christianity anyway. They don't exactly mirror the church described in the Bible in any way.
5. This is simple. Man wants to do things his own way. He corrupts what God gave us. And regarding the Jews, the Bible is clear that they were God's chosen people through whom the Savior of the world would be brought. The Torah is part of the Bible and makes it clear that Christ would come and that a new testament would come about as well which is where we get the Bible as a whole. If people truly searched for the truth, instead of dismissing Christianity because it seems hard to live by, they would find a Creator who created the world because He wanted relationships with people who would choose Him above all else.
-E

AzMandella
08-30-2006, 05:58 PM
AzMandella,
You make some interesting statements and I would like to hear your view on how the world was created and why we are here. You seem to find a lot of faults in the Bible, but offer no real alternative. I am interested in hearing your scientifically provable account as I am open to any alternatives. At this point, I believe the Bible is the most logical account and have no reason to believe otherwise.
As for your other points:
1. Many things man proved in more recent years: ocean tides, the earth being a sphere, etc. were written about thousands of years before-hand in the Bible. How did these men know these things?
2. Christ and his miracles are recorded in the accounts of historical atheists. How are these miracles explained scientifically today? How is the splitting of the Red Sea accounted for scientifically. It did happen... check out the chariot wheels they found at the bottom of the sea:
http://pinkoski.com/files/index.php?id=34
How about Sodom & Gomorrah:
http://pinkoski.com/files/index.php?id=32
3. This is just not true. The Bible has been passed down from the ages, but there are no doctrinal issues that have been modified throughout that time. In fact the Bible, by far, has a lower percentage of changes/mistakes in copying from generation to generation than any other book ever recorded... and those changes don't change the meaning of anything doctrinal. Do some research... you will find that this is true.
4. This is not an argument. God acknowledges that humans will make mistakes. That is why he sent his Son to die for us. Christians don't claim to be perfect, we are just trying to live right. Also, not everyone who claims to follow Christ actually follows his teachings. Hypocrites are addressed harshly in the Bible. No one living in this way is following Christ's teachings. All of the Christians I am surrounded by are the most caring/selfless people I know. I wouldn't call the Catholic church a good example of Christianity anyway. They don't exactly mirror the church described in the Bible in any way.
5. This is simple. Man wants to do things his own way. He corrupts what God gave us. And regarding the Jews, the Bible is clear that they were God's chosen people through whom the Savior of the world would be brought. The Torah is part of the Bible and makes it clear that Christ would come and that a new testament would come about as well which is where we get the Bible as a whole. If people truly searched for the truth, instead of dismissing Christianity because it seems hard to live by, they would find a Creator who created the world because He wanted relationships with people who would choose Him above all else.
-E
No disrespect but the examples you have provided don't seem to have much validity to them.

AzMandella
08-30-2006, 06:01 PM
sorry Her454.I did not mean to hijack your thread.I thought the purpose of polls was to cast your vote above and elaborate below as others had before me.

Her454
08-30-2006, 06:05 PM
sorry Her454.I did not mean to hijack your thread.I thought the purpose of polls was to cast your vote above and elaborate below as others had before me.
No problem AZ, I just didnt want to start a religious war. Just a yes or no on the higher power but I realize that isn't possible when it comes to this subject.
Carry on..... :rollside:

Kilrtoy
08-30-2006, 06:06 PM
have you been praying for me....
I have been and you still have not shown up at my door... :boxed:

SUI-CY-COLE
08-30-2006, 06:07 PM
IF GOD CAN GO TO A TRAILER/MOTORHOME AND BLESS THEM AND BLESS THE ONES IN EXPENSIVE HOUSES..THEN YES... :cool:

Tom Brown
08-30-2006, 06:07 PM
The walrus was Paul.... :skull:
coo coo ka choo

Her454
08-30-2006, 06:11 PM
have you been praying for me....
I have been and you still have not shown up at my door... :boxed:
LOL, what God are you praying to? He must not believe you..................

OutCole'd
08-30-2006, 06:13 PM
help me out?where did the caveman and dinosaur's come from?
That's a silly question. Their parents, duh.

AzMandella
08-30-2006, 06:47 PM
No problem AZ, I just didnt want to start a religious war. Just a yes or no on the higher power but I realize that isn't possible when it comes to this subject.
Carry on..... :rollside:
You should have known that the second you hit the "submit" button. :notam:

Her454
08-30-2006, 07:37 PM
You should have known that the second you hit the "submit" button. :notam:
I haven't gone through the "think before you submit" part of rehab yet. I'm working on it, be patient with me. :rollside: