PDA

View Full Version : Question for No Bimini

Cole Sanger
08-29-2006, 07:15 PM
I have a real question. How do people do it without bimini tops? Seriously, most wakeboard boats I have seen do not have a bimini at all, or a real small one. It is so damn hot here in AZ, that I just could not do it. I have an 8' on my cockpit, and just installed a second one over the openbow of my boat. I plan to have a small section installed with zippers on both bimini's. Back to my question...how do they survive? I could probably ask this question in every forum, but thought it might actually be answered here. I have attached a quick pic of my boat in the dark after I just installed the tower. No reason, just because I can. It's not a wakeboard boat, but it was a quarter of the price and gets the job done.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/643142-4293_IMG.JPG

riverfun
08-31-2006, 12:17 PM
couple of different reasons in my opinion, 1st is where they boat. The guy I bought my boat from only used it in Lake Tahoe and he told me it just didnt get baking hot (unlike Needles and Havasu) 2nd is the Tower, alot of people either add a tower after they get the boat or upgrade to a different tower and then their old bimini doesnt fit. Also cost is a factor, after I bought my boat the 1st thing I did was order a custom bimini to fit with and on my swoop tower from Towerbiminis.com and let me tell you its not cheap if you do it right. That said though I could not live without it.

W.O.T
09-01-2006, 08:01 PM
my girlfriend has been really bugging me to put a bimini on my jet boat but i really dont want to. my hull is free of holes no cleats or eyelets on the transom. i really dont like the look of a bimini on a performance boat and dont want to put any screw holes in it. i am usually on the lower river martinez area. i pack an eazy up under the bow and set it up on the sandbar. i never drive that much like a wakeboard boat would towing and all. but believe me it would be nice to have. it gets kinda miserable at the lake around noon when theres no shade anywhere. until im ready for a pontoon ill live with it.

Riomouse911
09-03-2006, 06:35 PM
The location of the owner is the reason for a bimini top or no top..In Florida, few boats have tops or wakeboard racks, because a lot of the ski lakes there are smaller private ones with their own docks.. Out West, we have a lot of big public lakes and 110 degree sun, so we need them to avoid being baked like potatoes..
Some boats look good with them, some not so good, it's all up to the person behind the wheel (and the checkbook) to make that call... If you get one, look for function first. I have recently seen a few bimini tops on newer boats that are attached to the top of the towers 6' above the floor of the boat.. makes it great for walking under but completely useless in anything other than "high-noon" sun...

NautiTwins
09-05-2006, 09:09 AM
we boated for 2 years without a bimini top. We just got tired of baking on that second day at the lake. We put the bimini on and our trips were so much happier. Before the boat hits the water the bimini is up, sunny or not.

HCS
09-07-2006, 09:25 AM
Never have had a bimini top. On any boat I've owned.
The wife keeps bugging me to get one. But I just can't get myself to do it.
I hate drilling holes in my boat!
I've had this boat 11 years now. No top.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/637Picture_005.jpg

W.O.T
09-07-2006, 10:58 PM
Never have had a bimini top. On any boat I've owned.
The wife keeps bugging me to get one. But I just can't get myself to do it.
I hate drilling holes in my boat!
I've had this boat 11 years now. No top.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/637Picture_005.jpg
sweet sounds like me i go to the river to be in the sun.