PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Ever Get Custom Boat Seat Covers for newer boats?

ElimJimsOtherHalf
08-30-2006, 01:07 AM
I'm looking for a kind of terry cloth w/elastic (but custom sewn) seat covers to put over the open bow and back seat upholstery cushions for newer style boats (easy to remove and wash). Right now I put towels down, but have to keep tucking them in. With light upholstery, these would keep the seats cool, allow walking over them to get in/out, protect from sand, etc....and would alleviate all the vinyl cleaning after a boat weekend!!
If there isn't such a thing for the newer style boats, I think this would be a good business (easy to make if you have good sewers), and you could link with all the boat manufacturers as options like getting boat covers.

voodoomedman
08-30-2006, 06:57 AM
I'm looking for a kind of terry cloth w/elastic (but custom sewn) seat covers to put over the open bow and back seat upholstery cushions for newer style boats (easy to remove and wash). Right now I put towels down, but have to keep tucking them in. With light upholstery, these would keep the seats cool, allow walking over them to get in/out, protect from sand, etc....and would alleviate all the vinyl cleaning after a boat weekend!!
If there isn't such a thing for the newer style boats, I think this would be a good business (easy to make if you have good sewers), and you could link with all the boat manufacturers as options like getting boat covers.
It's funny cuz my wife made a thing for our boat and everybody says to make them and sell them to the boat manufacturers. Anyway You might want to have your wife make one. It is some high thread counts sheets (used terry cloth for the first one but the sheets actually work better) sewn together to cover the whole back seat and the sundeck all as one cover. It has a strap that goes under the seat and it has straps that go from the stern trailering eyes forward to the bimini hooks. It works great not to worry about towels and crap and your not having to remind everybody to use a towel when they climb all over your backseat and sundeck.

Jyruiz
08-30-2006, 07:06 AM
It's funny cuz my wife made a thing for our boat and everybody says to make them and sell them to the boat manufacturers. Anyway You might want to have your wife make one. It is some high thread counts sheets (used terry cloth for the first one but the sheets actually work better) sewn together to cover the whole back seat and the sundeck all as one cover. It has a strap that goes under the seat and it has straps that go from the stern trailering eyes forward to the bimini hooks. It works great not to worry about towels and crap and your not having to remind everybody to use a towel when they climb all over your backseat and sundeck.
Worthless with out pics. :)

voodoomedman
08-30-2006, 07:13 AM
Worthless with out pics. :)
Can't find any. If we go to the river this weekend I will take some.

Jyruiz
08-30-2006, 07:19 AM
Can't find any. If we go to the river this weekend I will take some.
Go to the river and I will see it in person.:) But you better takes pics anyway, when you get the chance that is.

voodoomedman
08-30-2006, 07:21 AM
Go to the river and I will see it in person.:) But you better takes pics anyway, when you get the chance that is.
For sure! When you see the best looking 24 Stealth on the water that's me. Sorry other 24 Stealth owners, yours a great but mine is just prettier. :D