PDA

View Full Version : Energizer Kit

moparjet
08-30-2006, 05:57 AM
Is The Kit Worth It....im Running 70 With About 450hp And Stock Wj With Nozzel Cut Off And Diverter...i Want To Put N2o On It But Afraid To Break The Shaft....its In A Heavy Boat(bout 750lbs Or More Empty)is There Any Stronger Shafts For The Wj? I Would Like To Change To A Berk But Afraid To Do The Fiberglass Work And Setting The Intake..thank For Any Input

malcolm
08-30-2006, 07:38 AM
I'd worry about the impeller breaking before the shaft. WJ shafts are huge.

moparjet
09-01-2006, 04:22 AM
Some One Gotta Chime In Here......i Need To Decide What To Do

Ken F
09-01-2006, 05:22 AM
You definatly dont need to worry about breaking your shaft on a Wj !!!
As said before, worry about the impeller first.
On the Energizer kit, you might contact Duane @ Hi-Tech Performance.
316-794-8616 or visit www.hi-techperformance.com
I know he used to have a couple of used ones, one out of my old boat.
He could also steer you in the right direction with some advice.
Your Wj is a hi-volume low pressure pump usually used in larger boats, and this is what works best to push a large boat.
A Berk, Dom, AT, Agressor, ect are just the opposite. Hi-pressure low volume, which sounds like what you need for a 750 lb. hull.
Due to the price of the kits (new) I'd almost say you would be money ahead to find a used pump and change it out. Would also be a great time to do a setback.
Talk to Duane aobut it though....he'll shoot you strait.
Ken F

BrendellaJet
09-01-2006, 05:39 AM
Your Wj is a hi-volume low pressure pump usually used in larger boats, and this is what works best to push a large boat.
A Berk, Dom, AT, Agressor, ect are just the opposite. Hi-pressure low volume, which sounds like what you need for a 750 lb. hull.
Ken F
The WJ is a mixed flow pump. JUST LIKE BERK, DOMINATOR, AT, AGRESSOR ETC!
Spend your money having it modified, flow the bowl & have that impeller cleaned up.

moparjet
09-01-2006, 05:49 AM
Will Be I Limited On Loader Grates Or Is The One I Have Ok(the Only One Made For Wj)....if The Bowl Is Flowed Will It Flow As Good As A Berk...who Makes Ss Impellars For Jacuzzi..$$$$$$.....has Anyone Broke A Stock One?......thanks For Imput

wsuwrhr
09-01-2006, 07:10 AM
The WJ is a mixed flow pump. JUST LIKE BERK, DOMINATOR, AT, AGRESSOR ETC!
Spend your money having it modified, flow the bowl & have that impeller cleaned up.
Exactly.
BUT....
I twisted my WJ shaft at the splines first time out with the 440 Mopar. It is not a 17-4PH shaft by any means.
Brian

wsuwrhr
09-01-2006, 07:12 AM
I'd worry about the impeller breaking before the shaft. WJ shafts are huge.
The "drive" area(where the coupler hooks to) is no larger than any other pump.
Brian

BrendellaJet
09-01-2006, 07:24 AM
I had a custom loader made by Jack @ MPD. Ill try to dig up a pic of it. The angle iron deals are good for stock boats & thats about it.

BrendellaJet
09-01-2006, 07:32 AM
also, try doing some searching for old posts. The WJ has been discussed in good detail. Lots of good info. Dont let the naysayers get you down. Its a good pump after its been worked over.

napabob
09-01-2006, 07:56 AM
Is The Kit Worth It....
For the 10% increase in performance vs. the kit price, I opted not to use the energizer kit.
Contact for the owners of Jacuzzi pumps for technical help (replacement parts are still available):
Jason T. Hill
North American Marine Jet
216 East Sevier St
Benton, AR 72015
Tel: 501-778-4151
Fax: 501-778-6381
Web site: www.marinejet.com
Email: jason@marinejet.com
There is more expert technical help from:
Scott Seastrom
111 Stonewall St.
Hot Springs National Park
AR 71913-4702
scottmarine@aol.com
Look at the 'Jacuzzi' link on the web page below. Scott is related to Jack.
http://www.youngbloodjetboats.com/

moparjet
09-01-2006, 07:59 AM
The "drive" area(where the coupler hooks to) is no larger than any other pump.
Brian
SO THE JACUZZI IS NO WEAKER THAN ANY OTHER (STOCK PUMP)....I WOULD LIKE TO SEE PICS OF THESE FLOWED JACUZZI BOWLS IF ANY BODY HAS ANY

napabob
09-01-2006, 08:07 AM
Contact Jim Brock of Cyclone Speed & Marine:
12676 PIERCE ST. Unit 8
PACOIMA, CA 91331
(818) 890-1867
jbcyclone@aol.com
He might be able to help you regarding flowed Jacuzzi 12WJ bowls.

Rondane
09-01-2006, 08:11 AM
For the 10% increase in performance vs. the kit price, I opted not to use the energizer kit.
Contact for the owners of Jacuzzi pumps for technical help (replacement parts are still available):
Jason T. Hill
North American Marine Jet
216 East Sevier St
Benton, AR 72015
Tel: 501-778-4151
Fax: 501-778-6381
Web site: www.marinejet.com
Email: jason@marinejet.com
There is more expert techincal help from:
Scott Seastrom
111 Stonewall St.
Hot Springs National Park
AR 71913-4702
scottmarine@aol.com
Look at the 'Jacuzzi' link on the web page below. Scott is related to Jack.
http://www.youngbloodjetboats.com/
this looks like good help right here...did not know that. Some people should take notes and expand their horizons. Now that don is gone, this is good to know.
rondane

wsuwrhr
09-01-2006, 08:37 AM
SO THE JACUZZI IS NO WEAKER THAN ANY OTHER (STOCK PUMP)....
Yes exactly.
Brian

wsuwrhr
09-01-2006, 08:38 AM
I had a custom loader made by Jack @ MPD. Ill try to dig up a pic of it. The angle iron deals are good for stock boats & thats about it.
I second MPD for any work on the Jacuzzi.
Better of going in the off season though.
Brian

wsuwrhr
09-01-2006, 08:41 AM
...who Makes Ss Impellars For Jacuzzi..$$$$$$.....has Anyone Broke A Stock One?......thanks For Imput
If you are thinking stainless, I would suggest putting in a Berk impeller.
Stainless is available for the WJ, but it is expensive.
The five blade WJ just isn't as efficient as the 4 blade Berk.
Brian

BrendellaJet
09-01-2006, 09:04 AM
I found a stainless A for my WJ. As cast it is a mess. Still need to bring it to Jack. I spent $400 on it, new from North American Marine. They are out there, but I bet Im going to have another $400 in it by the time Jack is done with it. Still better than paying for a berk stainless and modifying my pump to fit. They are very tough to find though.

moparjet
09-01-2006, 09:06 AM
How Much Work Is Involed To Put A Berk Imp. In A Jacuzzi....can You Do It?

wsuwrhr
09-01-2006, 01:22 PM
I found a stainless A for my WJ. As cast it is a mess. Still need to bring it to Jack. I spent $400 on it, new from North American Marine. They are out there, but I bet Im going to have another $400 in it by the time Jack is done with it. Still better than paying for a berk stainless and modifying my pump to fit. They are very tough to find though.
How much is a Berk stainless?
Brian

BrendellaJet
09-01-2006, 01:28 PM
I've seen them go for 8-900 or more retail. + the cost to have the bowl cut for the impeller.
If I went that route It wouldn't be as impressive when it runs high 90's.

BrendellaJet
09-01-2006, 01:29 PM
Talk to WSUWRHR, I think he did his for a legend impeller. Yes it can be done. not sure how well it works...

wsuwrhr
09-01-2006, 01:36 PM
Let's see.
Probably a lot of work, maybe not that much work, depends on what you think is alot of work.
I had to make a shaft anyway, so should I add that in?
If you wanted to, a WJ shaft COULD be modified to fit a Berk Imp to it. As I said, I twisted my stock WJ shaft first time out with the WJ impeller. After that I would never use a stock shaft for anything other than a stock motor.
17-4 is the way to go.
New shaft or modify the WJ shaft.
The Berk wear ring fits in the WJ housing with little fuss.
The vanes in the bowl will need to be cut back to clear the vanes of the impeller.
The brass bearing in the tail of the bowl will need Berk tail bushing installed or make a new bearing.
I think you already have it done, but if you are installing a diverter, you will need to cut the nozzle off.
I welded on a ring and changed to bolt pattern to Berk "G" to be able to use droops wedges and so on. Plus the Berk diverter was alot cheaper than the WJ diverter.
So is that alot of work?
Is it worth it?
I think it was worth it.
Brian

wsuwrhr
09-01-2006, 01:36 PM
I've seen them go for 8-900 or more retail. + the cost to have the bowl cut for the impeller.
Any single engine boat in the high 90's is impressive in my book.
Brian

wsuwrhr
09-01-2006, 01:38 PM
It isn't really the money, the problem is the 5 blade isn't as good as the 4 blade.
Brian

wsuwrhr
09-01-2006, 01:41 PM
not sure how well it works...
Me either, I wish I didn't have a heavy ass boat.
I netted 10 MPH, but I made too many changes to attribute the result to any one mod.
Brian

Ken F
09-01-2006, 03:41 PM
PM received from Rogain Today, 11:05 AM
Rondane
Double duece
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
just cant help youself can ya??? Your pathetic

moparjet
09-02-2006, 04:20 AM
are you running a aluminium imp....what boat and motor (hp) are you running....please give me more info on your pump...thanks brent

BrendellaJet
09-02-2006, 02:02 PM
are you running a aluminium imp....what boat and motor (hp) are you running....please give me more info on your pump...thanks brent
Ive got an MPD B impeller in there now. It is aluminum. Boat is a brendella that Jeff Bennett worked his magic on. Motor will be a BBC 548 by DNE, should make 800 NA HP with a single four. Im going to get the boat running with the aluminum impeller. When im ready to romp on it Ill put the stainless in it and sell the aluminum.
Trying to get the boat painted so I can put it all back together. Should get wet in December :(