PDA

View Full Version : HTM306?- company in general?

Cattitude1
08-30-2006, 06:00 AM
I shopped HTM's back in 2000 when I ended up buying a new 25' Daytona. As much as I admired the amenities of the HTM I could not get past the aesthetics (everybody's different).
I followed some thread over the yrs, know about Steve's misfortune and the Loto thing but stuff happens.
I had 3 great yrs in my Daytona and 3 in my Pantera and now I'm lusting for a cat again. My wife's been spoiled and it won't happen without a cabin with a couch and a bit of room.
The 306 stands out in this regard and I'm good with the lines. Besides taliking with HTM themselves (I am)- can I get any skinny from actual 306 owners or people who had real experience/ seat time in the boat? Going mild power, 496HO's, will put CMI's on down the road. I don't need to be the fastest, just fast enough with a decent cruise. I boat mostly inland lakes so it should be fine in the rough- go to Destin once a yr but will accept that it's not a true tunnel in trade for the cabin.
I'm limited to 32' long with a 9.5' beam or so due to my slip/lift etc

DCBDaytona
08-30-2006, 06:04 AM
My $.02...Aesthetically, it's FUGLY. But it does have a large cabin area for it's size. The boat is gonna need big power to make it run, and the CG is just too high for my comfort.

prosthogod
08-30-2006, 09:39 AM
I disagree with the statement about needing big power. The hull is very efficient. My sr24 gets out of the hole alot easier and burns alot less fuel than all my friends with other cats. I would go to havi this weekend and get the owners opinion.
I think they a good looking boat. If you want to have a cabin on a 30'ft cat you are going to have high freeboard and thusly, high center of gravity. my 02.

DCBDaytona
08-30-2006, 09:58 AM
My $.02 isn't worth much...Just my opinion.

HTM CHRIS
08-30-2006, 05:22 PM
I agree with the last HTM guy the boat doesent need alot of power I meet up with a guy a couple of years ago he loves it but it had blower motors 565s if I had the money too up grade too the 306 I do it ,you here everyone talk about the longer the hull the better in the chop which is true ,but also you need power , these hulls make the other guys sick cause steve was a god at our design, which everyone has tryed too copy, the cabins are sweet for room plus tons of storage area , but the price is high , I own a 2000 sr24 blown and it hauls ass, so Iam happy passing the daytons up

HTM CHRIS
08-30-2006, 05:24 PM
I agree with the last HTM guy the boat doesent need alot of power I meet up with a guy a couple of years ago he loves it but it had blower motors 565s if I had the money too up grade too the 306 I do it ,you here everyone talk about the longer the hull the better in the chop which is true ,but also you need power , these hulls make the other guys sick cause steve was a god at our design, which everyone has tryed too copy, the cabins are sweet for room plus tons of storage area , but the price is high , I own a 2000 sr24 blown and it hauls ass, so Iam happy passing the daytonas

DCBDaytona
08-30-2006, 05:48 PM
I agree with the last HTM guy the boat doesent need alot of power I meet up with a guy a couple of years ago he loves it but it had blower motors 565s if I had the money too up grade too the 306 I do it ,you here everyone talk about the longer the hull the better in the chop which is true ,but also you need power , these hulls make the other guys sick cause steve was a god at our design, which everyone has tryed too copy, the cabins are sweet for room plus tons of storage area , but the price is high , I own a 2000 sr24 blown and it hauls ass, so Iam happy passing the daytonas
Good to hear you are happy. I known of a blown SS24 that got whooped up by a Mach 22 with Whackers. :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

Kilrtoy
08-30-2006, 05:57 PM
My boat this my boat that...
That is great but they are not 306's and that is what he asked for....

JMC
08-30-2006, 07:33 PM
Good to hear you are happy. I known of a blown SS24 that got whooped up by a Mach 22 with Whackers. :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:
I will take that bet.
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g152/JMC_711/DSCN0540.jpg

acatitude
08-30-2006, 07:48 PM
That a boy JMC,, dont take no shiat off them wackas, lol :yuk:

Wmc
08-30-2006, 08:36 PM
This is getting good. :crossx: all those blenders are good for is making fu fu drinks for the ladys :yuk:

acatitude
08-30-2006, 09:19 PM
118 ?? thats a good number for that combo ?

Kilrtoy
08-30-2006, 10:12 PM
This is getting good. :crossx: all those blenders are good for is making fu fu drinks for the ladys :yuk:
Next time you intown stop by and I'll mix a few up for ya.... :boxed:

BeaverJ
08-31-2006, 03:35 AM
Ken, I thought the Pantera just got new horses put in? Jason

Cattitude1
08-31-2006, 04:56 AM
Ken, I thought the Pantera just got new horses put in? Jason
It did, and it's strong, but I've always missed my cat, then Trav goes and gets a Daytona almost exactly like the one I had, I always liked the idea of milder twins, figured if I can get Tina a Cabin I could get the rest:)

DCBDaytona
08-31-2006, 05:47 AM
HAHA. And what are those HTM's good for? :p At least we lead a dual purpose life.

DCBDaytona
08-31-2006, 05:49 AM
I will take that bet.
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g152/JMC_711/DSCN0540.jpg
One would hope with a GIZZILION HP you should be faster. What size motor do you have? What type of hp is it making?
And the most important questions...
HOW MANY DRIVES HAVE YOU DESTROYED?

Tom Slick
08-31-2006, 06:28 AM
DCBDaytona, how fast is your Mach 22?

Kilrtoy
08-31-2006, 06:53 AM
If he lets me drive it I'll let you know, other wise he only see's 105, he is scared

DCBDaytona
08-31-2006, 07:06 AM
100mph is all she is good for...

BeaverJ
08-31-2006, 01:28 PM
It did, and it's strong, but I've always missed my cat, then Trav goes and gets a Daytona almost exactly like the one I had, I always liked the idea of milder twins, figured if I can get Tina a Cabin I could get the rest:)
Ken what you really need is a Carrera deck boat(its 4-sale), its purple, just around the corner from ya and you know how she'll run,,,we went to HTM's place out in so cal about two years ago,,,when they first came out with there deck boat,,,we met with Dory, nice guy, cool boats, but I will leave it at that, stop by on your way home when you have time.....Jason

tbanzer
08-31-2006, 01:40 PM
I spoke to lia today. I am interested in the 30 also. She said with about 650hp per side you running an easy 100 plus. Her boat has twin 1100hp motors and she said it does 145.

acatitude
08-31-2006, 03:00 PM
I spoke to lia today. I am interested in the 30 also. She said with about 650hp per side you running an easy 100 plus. Her boat has twin 1100hp motors and she said it does 145.
pretty good numbers 145 mph wonder why all these folks arent buying them instead of dcb"s and daytonas and skaters...... any ideas????

DCBDaytona
08-31-2006, 03:18 PM
pretty good numbers 145 mph wonder why all these folks arent buying them instead of dcb"s and daytonas and skaters...... any ideas????
Honestly, I believe it's the styling/looks of the 306. 145 mph with 1100's are good numbers....But nothing out of the ordinary. For instance:
30 Daytona with Ilmors - 140mph
33 Daytona with 496HOs - 100mph
F-32 with 800's - 140
F-29 with 900's - 155

JMC
08-31-2006, 03:32 PM
One would hope with a GIZZILION HP you should be faster. What size motor do you have? What type of hp is it making?
And the most important questions...
HOW MANY DRIVES HAVE YOU DESTROYED?
Its just a blown big block on pump gas...... like the one you mentioned.....you know, that got spanked by dual whacker. I have never seen a dual whacker that would get into the mid 130's.
First of all I love whackers!.... sounds funny to say. Thats all I ran for the past 13 yrs. You cant beat 260-280 horse at the prop with a warranty and weighing in under 400 lbs. Strap one to a sub 600lb. hull (Allison or STV) and they are a thrill. Having said that, the blown big blocks are fun and can kill drives very quickly and I can personally vouch for that. All I can say is ITS WORTH IT! This boat ran a 10.20 at the Coors Nationals a few years back by the original owner and another HTM 24SS ran a 9.41 I think! Dont forget about how much lighter a Mach 22 is with duals when compared to a 24 SS with a lot more freeboard and 2 extra feet in length. Heck, I have a couple of canoe's with as much freeboard as most of the little tunnels out there have. At 80 mph -125 this thing hits so hard most of my friends get a little rattled.....but they're the outboard boys :rollside:

Tom Slick
08-31-2006, 08:45 PM
I'm guessing the blown HTM was dragging his anchor for a 22 w/wackers to have beat him. :crossx: :D Heck, my unblown HTM ran a buck seven and never had a drive problem either. I don't believe the current owner has had any drive problems either and the boat is now 5 years old.

Bling Bling
08-31-2006, 10:05 PM
I'm guessing the blown HTM was dragging his anchor for a 22 w/wackers to have beat him. :crossx: :D Heck, my unblown HTM ran a buck seven and never had a drive problem either. I don't believe the current owner has had any drive problems either and the boat is now 5 years old.
Thank God that boat has a new owner, he's not nearly as Gay as you are.
I still can't belive that a guy as homo as you, built the cleanest HTM ever. Who the fock would figure. :D

Kilrtoy
08-31-2006, 11:48 PM
I would like to see that, weather it is a dcb or elim as long as the driver had the Know how , which in turn means balls, run against one of these HTM's
I have seen the HTM's run and they haul in some serious times and speed....
hell i did a few runs with steve and I was EXTREMELY impressed
but I dont think they could take a 22 or 21

Tom Slick
09-01-2006, 06:36 AM
I still can't belive that a guy as homo as you, built the cleanest HTM ever. Who the fock would figure. :D
You might want to check yourself pal. I might be gay, but you know as well as I do that the new owner is a huge flaming homo, you know much like you. Ok, maybe not just like you, because you are definetly the biggest fag. :crossx: :D
P.S. I'll be in Ventura this weekend starting this afternoon if you guys are in town.

SnakeWrench
09-01-2006, 12:14 PM
I hope nobody minds me adding my 2 cents. Steve was a friend to many of us here and as for the stability of the 306, I have heard from many people that it is a very nice, stable and controllable boat. As for needing big HP to make it move, well, none of steves boats have ever needed an big power to run good. I have been way over 100 in a 24ss and would say that there was no more stable 24 that I have ever been in. I have no reason to believe any different about the 306.
I would concider it if I were you.

tbanzer
09-02-2006, 04:21 AM
Just a guess but I would have to say HTM got some bad press on some of these forums. I was almost scared off from buying my sr24 from some of the talk that was on this forum. I decided to buy one anyways because I couldnt find any other boat in its size range that would do everything this boat does. I am very pleased with my decision and the only reason I would look at another boat would be for a better ride in the 3ft rollers we experience regularly on Lake Erie, and the 306 is one of the boats I am considering as my next boat.

JMC
09-02-2006, 08:19 AM
Just a guess but I would have to say HTM got some bad press on some of these forums. I was almost scared off from buying my sr24 from some of the talk that was on this forum. I decided to buy one anyways because I couldnt find any other boat in its size range that would do everything this boat does. I am very pleased with my decision and the only reason I would look at another boat would be for a better ride in the 3ft rollers we experience regularly on Lake Erie, and the 306 is one of the boats I am considering as my next boat.
I'm very happy with mine. I have never met anyone that owned one to say "dont buy HTM". I have heard alot of people here bad mouth them that have never even ridden in one. When you look at how much storage and cabin space their cats have its a big plus.

James'SS-24
09-02-2006, 01:01 PM
I'm very happy with mine. I have never met anyone that owned one to say "dont buy HTM". I have heard alot of people here bad mouth them that have never even ridden in one. When you look at how much storage and cabin space their cats have its a big plus.
Well said! Especially people like RD. I had Steve build my SS-24 In January of 01 and could not have been happier with the boat. An excellent piece of machinery, that is still going strong with no problems. :D My only problem is I haven't been using it much the last few years. :rolleyes:

Cattitude1
09-03-2006, 06:18 AM
Thanks everyone- the people at HTM worked hard to earn my business and if I was shopping new I would have bought one (Only two used ones I could find and they had big power relative to my needs.)
I found a clean low hour 30' Daytona and have a deposit on it- should have it home within the week

al cole'holic
09-03-2006, 12:29 PM
Thanks everyone- the people at HTM worked hard to earn my business and if I was shopping new I would have bought one (Only two used ones I could find and they had big power relative to my needs.)
I found a clean low hour 30' Daytona and have a deposit on it- should have it home within the week
..this was a favorite of mine a few years back, for sale in the Utah area..if its the same one with 496's!!
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17258

Cattitude1
09-03-2006, 04:32 PM
..this was a favorite of mine a few years back, for sale in the Utah area..if its the same one with 496's!!
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17258
Dunno if it's the same one, it's in SC now, 2nd owner with 496HO's which is what I wantwed from the start- should be a good reliable setup- fast enough to dust offf the bass boats. throw some shorty's and CMI's and it's triple digits

JMC
09-03-2006, 10:28 PM
Dunno if it's the same one, it's in SC now, 2nd owner with 496HO's which is what I wantwed from the start- should be a good reliable setup- fast enough to dust offf the bass boats. throw some shorty's and CMI's and it's triple digits
You ever make it down to Greers Ferry Cattitude?

Cattitude1
09-04-2006, 04:51 AM
You ever make it down to Greers Ferry Cattitude?
Have not yet- Beaver's in the backyard, going to Grand today:)

tbanzer
09-04-2006, 08:50 AM
Cattitude you have a PM.

nobling
09-06-2006, 07:36 AM
Thank you BB!!! TS I thank you one more time for this boat Ive just put 180 hrs on it this weekend at havi and still freakin halls ass. And not to mention no drive problems. We seen 102 with 4 peps and 2 1/2 tanks in 103 degree weather. I love this boat but I think Im going to a 306 as well. Cant beat the price or the room it offers, I drove leas 306 a few months back and what a ride it was. It handles awsome and comes on plane instantly, I reached 98-100 really quick and had too shut her down, I wish I had the room to run it hard. The 306 is one bad boat!!!!!

Tom Slick
09-06-2006, 08:38 AM
Thank you BB!!! TS I thank you one more time for this boat Ive just put 180 hrs on it this weekend at havi and still freakin halls ass. And not to mention no drive problems. We seen 102 with 4 peps and 2 1/2 tanks in 103 degree weather. I love this boat but I think Im going to a 306 as well. Cant beat the price or the room it offers, I drove leas 306 a few months back and what a ride it was. It handles awsome and comes on plane instantly, I reached 98-100 really quick and had too shut her down, I wish I had the room to run it hard. The 306 is one bad boat!!!!!
Kettle said he ran into you guys at the Springs over the weekend. Said the boat looked good and sounded even better. Glad you guys enjoyed it, I know I sure did. Good luck with the 306.

nobling
09-06-2006, 09:05 AM
So slick when are you going to show your face at havi? I know you got the itch, Dont You? Whats next for the slick man?

Tom Slick
09-06-2006, 09:49 AM
So slick when are you going to show your face at havi? I know you got the itch, Dont You? Whats next for the slick man?
No itch at all my friend...I'm pretty consumbed in Sprint Car racing now and it takes up most of my weekends. I actually haven't been to Havasu since Memorial 2005.

Charley
09-11-2006, 11:32 PM
No itch at all my friend...I'm pretty consumbed in Sprint Car racing now and it takes up most of my weekends. I actually haven't been to Havasu since Memorial 2005.
sounds like a reason to go....get yer ass out to the river slick!