PDA

View Full Version : 28-32' cats with decent cabins, twins???

Cattitude1
08-30-2006, 06:08 AM
I ran a nice 25' Daytona and sold it for a few different reasons and now have a 28' Pantera. I had 3 great yrs in my Daytona and 3 in my Pantera and now I'm lusting for a cat again. My wife's been spoiled and it won't happen without a cabin with a couch and a bit of room.
Going mild power, 496HO's, will put CMI's on down the road. I don't need to be the fastest, just fast enough with a decent cruise. I boat mostly inland lakes so it should be fine in the rough- go to Destin once a yr but will accept that it's not a true tunnel in trade for the cabin.
I'm limited to 32' long with a 9.5' beam or so due to my slip/lift etc
I want to make sure I'm giving all the decent boats a shot, I'd rather buy a clean used boat for a variety of reasons
So far HTM and 28/30 Daytona's stand out.
American offshore 31 got a look but the cabin is funky with a bed only and no real lounging couches etc.
What am I missing and anyone have leads?
It won't happen with outboards or no cabin
I think I've hit the 10 leading online classified sites- but if you think I missed a good site, let me know :)

DCBDaytona
08-30-2006, 06:21 AM
Eliminator 28/30 Daytona and the DCB F-32 would be at the top.

John.
08-30-2006, 07:15 AM
It's a foot smaller, but the 27 Ultra Shadow has a good amount of cabin space. I'm 6'2" tall and can easily sit on the facing couches. I can also easily lay on the bed in the bow area.

Cattitude1
08-30-2006, 07:26 AM
Thanks guys- the 32' DCB is a nice piece but would be a stretch financially.
The Ultra is a nice boat (but realy a taller 25') and single power. If I was looking for singles this would be near the top of my short list.
The 30 magic is nice- but only newer and $$$. The different approach they took with the Hatch would be a deal killer with Tina

andy01
08-30-2006, 07:39 AM
Good luck. A couch in a cat like a v will be hard to find. I would look at a nortech but it is a little bigger then you need. If you build/buy any 28-32 Cat with 496's you are going to hate it. It will take you half of the day to get on plane. Go with at least 525's. Now with all of that said go buy a F-29 DCB new or used. Nice looking well handling boat, that's what Hot Boat and Power Boat Mag. said about it. I hear they are a lot of fun on Havasu, with big power (800 or more per side).
Andy

Charley
08-30-2006, 07:42 AM
29' or 32' DCB will obviously be on the top of my list... both are great boats, run hard, turn well, no porpoise,feel great at speed..both have a cabin. The 32 is about 4" taller but that room does feel noticably bigger.
The 28 or 30 Daytona's are also good choices, especially if you can find one rigged by Tony @ Eliminator. He brought the caliber of rigging up over there in the 05 and 06 models. I'm not saying you can't find a well rigged eliminator before 05, just saying look closely at the particular boat.
If you are looking used may want to look at my old boat, a dcb 29, with 580 CID Peto Motors owned by summer obsession or FREIND OF AA AND TA's have 30 daytona with 496 HOs ... dcb will run around 120 they daytona I'm guessing will run around 95...good luck
29 dcb
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116965&highlight=f29
30 daytona
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116508&highlight=30+daytona

Magic34
08-30-2006, 08:42 AM
If you can stretch another 2 feet, the best cabin is a cat is the Magic hands down.
I have been thinking of selling my 34' Magic Scepter. It has a fully enclosed head (vacuflush) with sink/shower, queen sized bed, 2 sofa benches, 20" LCD TV, microwave, A/C, and 2 coolers built in down there as well.
Magic is also making a 30' closed bow that has a cool layout for a cabin.
The other ones listed are EXCELLENT boats, but for the biggest cabin, the Magic wins.

Magic34
08-30-2006, 08:48 AM
This is the cabin of my boat.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4368IMG_2079-med.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4368IMG_2994-med.JPG
The A/C vent is hidden behind the cooler in the picture below. It blows up and over the cooler, so moving it isn't needed. The thermostat is next to the microwave. The enclosed head is just to the left of the door.

MR HARLEY
08-30-2006, 08:59 AM
DCB F-32 :cool:

spectras only
08-30-2006, 09:00 AM
Does anyone have a picture of a 36 Skater's cuddy ?

Cattitude1
08-30-2006, 09:03 AM
If you can stretch another 2 feet, the best cabin is a cat is the Magic hands down.
I have been thinking of selling my 34' Magic Scepter. It has a fully enclosed head (vacuflush) with sink/shower, queen sized bed, 2 sofa benches, 20" LCD TV, microwave, A/C, and 2 coolers built in down there as well.
Magic is also making a 30' closed bow that has a cool layout for a cabin.
The other ones listed are EXCELLENT boats, but for the biggest cabin, the Magic wins.
pm me the magic scoop- beam? or email me at kpblume@cox.net.
The DCB is nice and local- more power than Iwant to mess with.
Open bow is not my thing :yuk:
Thanks for the input though :)

Magic34
08-30-2006, 09:29 AM
pm me the magic scoop- beam? or email me at kpblume@cox.net.
The DCB is nice and local- more power than Iwant to mess with.
Open bow is not my thing :yuk:
Thanks for the input though :)
Do you know the Foster's in Lowell? Ryan is racing in the ARCA series, and his dad owns a development/construction biz.

ELIMINAT THIS
08-30-2006, 09:33 AM
The 28' advantage cats have a nice size cabin. :)
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123419

Cattitude1
08-30-2006, 09:58 AM
Do you know the Foster's in Lowell? Ryan is racing in the ARCA series, and his dad owns a development/construction biz.
Correction- Ryan is spanking in the ARCA series :p
I've known them for over 10 yrs, they live across the street- Mark helped me find the lot I built on. I used to go with them when they were racing mini sprints locally but now I don't get to go much (my own Rock crawl schedule is pretty stout)
as for the Advantage- can't get past the asthetics :)

Magic34
08-30-2006, 10:14 AM
Correction- Ryan is spanking in the ARCA series :p
I've known them for over 10 yrs, they live across the street- Mark helped me find the lot I built on. I used to go with them when they were racing mini sprints locally but now I don't get to go much (my own Rock crawl schedule is pretty stout)
as for the Advantage- can't get past the asthetics :)
I was 15 mintues away from being a sponsor for Ryan this year. When you see Mark, Tell him Michael Yanke with Dri Wash says hello. I met with them in Kansas this year at the race. I was so close to sponsoring the kid that the only reason I didn't was that the 2 teams I was talking to, 1 (Foster/Clement) didn't answer the phone and the next team did (Gerhart). I went with Gerhart, but it very well could have been Foster if the situation was reversed.
He has a nice family and the kid can drive!

DMOORE
08-30-2006, 10:14 AM
The 28' advantage cats have a nice size cabin. :)
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123419
I've got an Advantage 28' Cat. I also have twin 800's and it runs pretty good. The cabin has two lounges, and a center area you could easily sleep on over nite. The boat behaves very well in all water conditions including the ocean. I have been very happy with it so far. BTW, Advantage is a top notch company to deal with. I purchased the boat used and they treat me as if I completely custom ordered the boat just a week ago. Very refreshing to deal with a company like that.
Darrell.

Cattitude1
08-30-2006, 10:22 AM
I was 15 mintues away from being a sponsor for Ryan this year. When you see Mark, Tell him Michael Yanke with Dri Wash says hello. I met with them in Kansas this year at the race. I was so close to sponsoring the kid that the only reason I didn't was that the 2 teams I was talking to, 1 (Foster/Clement) didn't answer the phone and the next team did (Gerhart). I went with Gerhart, but it very well could have been Foster if the situation was reversed.
He has a nice family and the kid can drive!
I'll do that- email me more about your Magic.
You might like the exposure you get with a top ranked national Rockcrawling team :)

grads2112
08-30-2006, 10:52 AM
Go with the 28' Daytona if you're going to go with 496 HO's. It would probably be the fastest boat in your market with stock power like that and its got a decent sized cabin.

Havasu Cig
08-30-2006, 11:09 AM
Does anyone have a picture of a 36 Skater's cuddy ?
I don't have a pic, but I have been in one. They are similar in size to the 36 Nortech, but they only have one door and the cabin is not split like the Northech's I have seen. The one I was in was big enough to stand in, and had a sleeper on top of the tunnel. Very nice IMO.

spectras only
08-30-2006, 11:13 AM
Thanks ! I've only seen the 30 Spectre's cuddy [ crawl space :) ]

Kilrtoy
08-30-2006, 11:29 AM
Since you said CABIN SPACE...
Eliminator is gonna be the BEST CHOICE hands down, great boat and huge cabins in the 28, 30 and 33...
I mean huge

GAME TIME
08-30-2006, 05:58 PM
Go with the 28' Daytona if you're going to go with 496 HO's. It would probably be the fastest boat in your market with stock power like that and its got a decent sized cabin.
I have to agree! One of the main reasons I went with Eliminator was the cabin space.

dirtracer
08-30-2006, 06:46 PM
How about an older 28 tall deck eliminator. My friend has one and he might be sellin it. Its mcgraths old boat and it looks very nice on the water. Runs about 115mph for 100k or less...

Cattitude1
08-31-2006, 05:04 AM
How about an older 28 tall deck eliminator. My friend has one and he might be sellin it. Its mcgraths old boat and it looks very nice on the water. Runs about 115mph for 100k or less...
Talk to me- I'm lookin at 4 Daytona's now.
Magic- Mark says hi!...... and watcha doin next yr? :)
DMoore- I got the same Red carped when I bought my one yr old Pantera, the company treats me like family- great isn't it?
I do appreciate the input guys