PDA

View Full Version : New Channel Ordinances

Advantage Adam
08-30-2006, 07:52 AM
More rules could soon be on deck for Bridgewater Channel visitors.
With new signs installed along the channel reading: “Mooring at tie downs only. One vessel per tie down,” City Council passed an ordinance Tuesday evening related to mooring in Lake Havasu City's famous waterway.
The ordinance passed on a 4-3 vote. Councilmembers Vall Striyle, Margaret Nyberg, and Cindy Aldridge voted against the measure.
City Manager Richard Kaffenberger and Interim Police Chief Dan Doyle pointed out that the city code already allows the city manager to designate areas of the channel as no mooring areas, and to direct staff to post signs restricting allowable tie up areas without adoption of the latest water-related law.
Labor Day weekend visitors will need to comply with the signs posted, but not the ordinances introduced.
President of Lake Havasu Area Chamber of Commerce Lisa Krueger, said timing might not be the greatest.
“It will be virtually impossible to broadcast that message [on mooring signs],” she said, adding, “Obviously safety is a top priority. It's always wise to give people who frequent the channel” [time to adjust].
Reached for comment Tuesday afternoon, Mayor Harvey Jackson was not aware of the signs being posted, but said council had discussed clarifying Lake Havasu City's policies concerning mooring.
The chamber has given its position on mooring in the past. It favors 11-foot mooring spaces rather than the current 15-foot separations.
As introduced on Tuesday, the amended ordinance states that unless a watercraft is moored to a designated mooring post, no boater may moor, park, anchor, or leave their watercraft standing within 25 feet of the east side of the channel.
A separate ordinance also prohibits children under the age of 12 from operating a watercraft of greater than 8 horsepower in the channel, unless an adult properly supervises the child.
One misunderstanding between councilmembers and Interim City Attorney Paul Lenkowsky was whether a similar state statute prohibiting riding on certain parts of watercraft would apply to Lake Havasu's channel.
The Arizona version applies only to boats traveling above wake-less speed, said Doyle. All boats traveling within the channel travel at wake-less speed, so the state rule is not enforceable, he said.
Lenkowsky agreed.
Like the broad behavior ordinance, these last two provisions are classified Class 1 misdemeanors, punishable up to a $2,500 fine and six months in jail.
The mooring ordinance does not include any details on possible penalties.

Hardly Satisfied
08-30-2006, 08:07 AM
Ho well what can you do

RitcheyRch
08-30-2006, 08:17 AM
Should make for some fun come Labor Day.

Ion
08-30-2006, 08:22 AM
One important distinction that has not been addressed (to my knowledge) is that this new mooring ordinance will only apply on the kokomo side, the only side that has mooring rings. The dogpark side will be unaffected by this ordinance. So really, not that many mooring spots will be lost.

Phat Matt
08-30-2006, 08:27 AM
http://www.havasunews.com/content/articles/2006/08/30/news/news02.jpg

phebus
08-30-2006, 08:38 AM
One important distinction that has not been addressed (to my knowledge) is that this new mooring ordinance will only apply on the kokomo side, the only side that has mooring rings. The dogpark side will be unaffected by this ordinance. So really, not that many mooring spots will be lost.
Right now, that is true, but the city plans on extending the seawall on the island side.
I personally don't feel 11' is too restrictive.

CityGuy
08-30-2006, 08:46 AM
Hello again --
Last night, the Lake Havasu City Council approved the introduction of two new ordinances that pertain to boating in the Bridgewater Channel. One of the ordinances generally requires people riding in a boat in the Channel to remain in the passenger area of the craft and not on the bow, transom, gunwales, or the deck over an enclosed bow while the boat is under power. This statute already exists under state law, but it does not apply to watercraft moving at a "wakeless" speed.
Obviously, boats operate at wakeless speeds (mostly) in the Channel, but the occasional crowded traffic conditions and the potential for serious injury (or even death) prompted the need to take the state statute and modify it to apply in the Channel. I'm sure most of you have witnessed the dangerous conditions that this ordinance addresses. I see it almost every time I visit the Channel, and I have also seen the tragedy that can result when a child slips from the bow of a pontoon boat and is run over by his father. I have heard and read some comments that this ordinance is designed to keep people from dancing on their boats. That's crap. Dance in the passenger area.
The other ordinance limits boat mooring on the EAST SHORE of the Channel. (that's the mainland/golf course/London Bridge Resort side) The existing seawall has mooring rings imbedded in the wall and the ordinance will limit mooring to one boat, or two PWCs, per ring. The rings are 15' apart.
As I said, these ordinances have been introduced and must be formally adopted at a future Council meeting. The soonest that could happen is Sept. 12, but that agenda has not been set as of today. An ordinance goes into effect 30 days after it is adopted.
These are just the highlights, so as soon as I have an electronic copy of both ordinances, I will post them here for your information.
Have a great day.
Charlie Cassens

Hardly Satisfied
08-30-2006, 08:49 AM
Should make for some fun come Labor Day.
more money for the city

bigblockbill
08-30-2006, 08:55 AM
The other ordinance limits boat mooring on the EAST SHORE of the Channel. (that's the mainland/golf course/London Bridge Resort side) The existing seawall has mooring rings imbedded in the wall and the ordinance will limit mooring to one boat, or two PWCs, per ring. The rings are 15' apart.
Charlie Cassens
So that explains it...Seems like it is already on the books. Last time I was there we saw the cops force a PWC to move because it was in between two boats that were parked in front of the sea wall.

CityGuy
08-30-2006, 09:03 AM
For the record, the state sets the fine schedule and the small percentage that the city gets to keep doesn't even cover hookin, bookin, prosecution and court costs.
Here are the ordinances as promised:
ORDINANCE NO. 06-810
AN ORDINANCE OF THE MAYOR AND CITY COUNCIL OF LAKE HAVASU CITY, ARIZONA, AMENDING CHAPTER 8.16, OF THE LAKE HAVASU CITY MUNICIPAL CODE ENTITLED “WATERCRAFT”, BY ADDING NEW SECTION 8.16.230 ENTITLED “RESTRICTIONS ON OPERATIONS OF WATERCRAFT”, PROHIBITING PERSONS FROM RIDING ON THE GUNWALES, TRANSOM, OR THE DECK OVER THE BOW OF A WATERCRAFT UNDER CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES, PROHIBITING PASSENGERS OVER THE AGE OF TWELVE (12) FROM OPERATING A WATERCRAFT WITH A MOTOR OF GREATER THEN EIGHT (8) HORSEPOWER UNLESS ACCOMPANIED BY A PARENT, LEGAL GUARDIAN OR AT LEAST ONE PERSON WHO IS EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER, EXCEPT IN CASES OF EMERGENCY, AND PRESCRIBING A PENALTY FOR THE VIOLATION THEREOF.
BE IT ORDAINED by the Mayor and City Council of Lake Havasu City, Arizona that Chapter 8.16 of the Lake Havasu City Municipal Code entitled “Watercraft” is hereby amended through the addition of new section 8.16.230 entitled “Restrictions on Operations of Watercraft” to read as follows:
Section 8.16.230 Restrictions on operations of watercraft
A. No person shall operate a watercraft in the Bridgewater Channel while allowing a person to ride on the gunwales, the transom or the deck over bow of a watercraft in motion and being propelled by machinery unless:
1. That portion of the watercraft was designed and constructed for the purpose of carrying passengers at all speeds.
2. The watercraft is being maneuvered for anchoring, mooring or casting off moorings.
B. No person shall operate a watercraft in the Bridgewater Channel with a passenger or passengers on the bow in such a manner as to obstruct the view of the operator.
C. Except in case of emergency, no person under the age of twelve (12) years may operate a watercraft in the Bridgewater Channel propelled by a motor of greater then eight (8) horsepower unless the persons parent or legal guardian or at least one person who is eighteen (18) years of age or older is present on the watercraft.
D. Penalties
1. Any person violating any provision of this ordinance shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor and, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished by a fine not to exceed two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500.00) or by imprisonment for a period not to exceed six (6) months, or by both such fine and imprisonment.
2. Any penalty assessment levied by the City Magistrate pursuant to applicable law, shall not be considered as part of the fine for purposes of determining the minimum fine to be imposed.
PASSED AND ADOPTED by the Mayor and City Council of Lake Havasu City, Arizona, this ____ day of ________________, 2006.
ORDINANCE NO. 06-811
AN ORDINANCE OF THE MAYOR AND CITY COUNCIL OF LAKE HAVASU CITY, ARIZONA, AMENDING SECTION 8.16.130, LAKE HAVASU CITY MUNICIPAL CODE ENTITLED “MOORING IN CHANNEL” BY REQUIRING THAT WATERCRAFT MOORED, PARKED, ANCHORED OR LEFT STANDING IN THE EAST SIDE OF THE BRIDGEWATER CHANNEL BE MOORED TO A MOORING POST.
BE IT ORDAINED by the Mayor and City Council of Lake Havasu City, Arizona that Section 8.16.130 of the Lake Havasu City Municipal Code entitled “Mooring in Channel” be amended through the addition of new section 8.16.130(E) to read as follows:
Section 8.16.130 Mooring in Channel
E. No person shall moor, cause to be moored, parked, anchored, or left standing, any watercraft located within twenty five feet of the east side of the Bridgewater channel, unless that watercraft is moored to a mooring post. Not more than one watercraft may be moored to a mooring post at the same time.
PASSED AND ADOPTED by the Mayor and City Council of Lake Havasu City, Arizona, this ____ day of ________________, 2006.
BTW -- The "two PWC" rule I mentioned before was added last night and is not reflected in the above text, but will be included in the adopted version.
Charlie Casssens

phebus
08-30-2006, 09:15 AM
Thanks Charlie. The best way to prevent rumor, is to present the facts.
I personally see no problem with either ordinance. I also saw no problem with the lewd contact ordinance the city passed.

riverracerx
08-30-2006, 09:30 AM
HUh??
http://riverracerx.com/images/mb2/uploads/post-2-59025-nofun.jpg

Havasu_Dreamin
08-30-2006, 09:34 AM
Thanks Charlie. You may catch some grief, mis-directed though as you are just trying to help out and stop the spread of rumors. I for one appreciate you coming on here, in addition to Uncle Larry, and explaining exactly what is being done. I may not always agree with it, but I'd rather read the facts than half-truths and inuendo.

Deano
08-30-2006, 09:37 AM
PROHIBITING PASSENGERS OVER THE AGE OF TWELVE (12) FROM OPERATING A WATERCRAFT WITH A MOTOR OF GREATER THEN EIGHT (8) HORSEPOWER UNLESS ACCOMPANIED BY A PARENT, LEGAL GUARDIAN OR AT LEAST ONE PERSON WHO IS EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER, EXCEPT IN CASES OF EMERGENCY, AND PRESCRIBING A PENALTY FOR THE VIOLATION THEREOF.
damn, now I cant even drive my boat. Is this a direct quote from the ordinance? They need to proof read their shiat.

UnionJack
08-30-2006, 09:47 AM
what about the island side....

Havasu_Dreamin
08-30-2006, 09:48 AM
what about the island side....
Rest assured that will be included after the seawall is extended.....

UnionJack
08-30-2006, 09:52 AM
Rest assured that will be included after the seawall is extended.....
So this weekend we can park nuts to buttz over there, or can I at least park and get my easy up... up

phebus
08-30-2006, 09:58 AM
So this weekend we can park nuts to buttz over there, or can I at least park and get my easy up... up
Don't even think of parking your nuts, anywhere near my buttz.
KEEP AWAY :crossx:

CityGuy
08-30-2006, 10:00 AM
damn, now I cant even drive my boat. Is this a direct quote from the ordinance? They need to proof read their shiat.
Sorry, the file I posted was an earlier version. Yes, that error was corrected before it went to Council. My bad.
Thanks for the support and understanding. I am not online alot, but am available by phone 928-854-4212 and will attempt to answer your questions the best I can. You are also invited to PM me if you like.
See you on the lake -
Charlie Cassens
Communications & Intergovernmental Affairs
Lake Havasu City, Arizona

TRIMM MANN
08-30-2006, 10:01 AM
Don't even think of parking your nuts, anywhere near my buttz.
KEEP AWAY :crossx:
You want me :crossx:

UnionJack
08-30-2006, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the quick call, you took care of all my questions
taylor

duffster
08-30-2006, 10:44 AM
Do they still have signs in front of Kingsview condos??

seanv
08-30-2006, 11:51 AM
well, that is a double edged sword. if you cant have someone on the bow and stearn in heavy traffic that lends to damage from rookie operators. when we go thru there on busy days you need someone at both ends watching for rookies aiming for you when they rush off the beach or rush onto the beach. they're really taking the fun out of havazoo...

That Guy
08-30-2006, 11:55 AM
HUh??
http://riverracerx.com/images/mb2/uploads/post-2-59025-nofun.jpg
LMAO.... :crossx:

CityGuy
08-30-2006, 12:38 PM
Do they still have signs in front of Kingsview condos??
Yes.
The property from the Channel to the backside of the sidewalk is owned by the city in fee title (not just an easement). That property includes the beach next to Kingsview.
Charlie

Spotondl
08-30-2006, 02:09 PM
Why is a violation of these introductory ordinances and MISDEMEANOR at all? Seems this is more of an infraction if anything... Some of the behaviors that these ordinances address can be called stupid but hardly criminal at the misdemeanor level.

Kilrtoy
08-30-2006, 03:05 PM
maybe the city council was a sleep during the presentation last night...
91% of tourist that come to LHC, come to use the river....
Well with that said, lets make new laws and jam the people that bring money to this town. In hopes that we drive them away
The study showed that on average $472 dollars was spent per person, if I remember correctly and they also said that 1.1 million come to this town.
So the 1 million that come here and spend that $472 per person, equates to alot of revenue.
Sorry, I dont buy this stuff.
There are laws in place , if some one is on the bow of a boat and it is creating a dangerous situation, YES THE POLICE CAN USE THE EXISTING LAWS AND ENFORCE THEM.... common sense here people....
for the chief to say he can't enforce them, is plain hogwash

reDECKulous
08-30-2006, 03:06 PM
well said

phebus
08-30-2006, 03:12 PM
There are laws in place , if some one is on the bow of a boat and it is creating a dangerous situation, YES THE POLICE CAN USE THE EXISTING LAWS AND ENFORCE THEM.... common sense here people....
for the chief to say he can't enforce them, is plain hogwash
Maybe I'm missing something here. If something is already against the law, and the council votes in a new ordinance to make enforcing the law easier for the authorities, what does anyone lose anyway?
Why the stink if it was against the law anyway?

Kilrtoy
08-30-2006, 03:46 PM
Maybe I'm missing something here. If something is already against the law, and the council votes in a new ordinance to make enforcing the law easier for the authorities, what does anyone lose anyway?
Why the stink if it was against the law anyway?
The stink is this this RICK.....
They city council is wasting alot of time and money in some absurd attempt to reinvent the wheel....
They need to get down to running this city...
Lets talk about the sewer project, Lets talk about the crime in this town, lets talk about the major drug problem in this town, lets talk about quality of life issues.
No! that is asking too much, instead lets think up new inovative idea's like
HEY CHECK IT OUT, I FOUND THIS LAW IN THE AZ CODE BOOK, BUT LETS MAKE OUR OWN ORDINANCE SAYING THE SAY THING, LETS UTILIZE OUR POLICE FORCE, LAWYERS,CITY PERSONEL AND WHAT EVER ELSE WE CANDREAM UP AND WASTE SOME MONEY. THE CHIEF HAS NOTHING BETTER TO DO, THE LAWYERS HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO, CITY SURVEYORS HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO

Kilrtoy
08-30-2006, 03:51 PM
Here they are Rick, you can read for yourself, why are they making new laws when these are already in place
can you tell me why they created new laws when
Article 5-341 section B is ready in place
B is above wakeless speed, but refer to A to cover B in other cases
and Article 5-341 section 2 subsection C
ARE ALREADY IN PLACE AND HAVE BEEN as far as I can tell since 08/09/2001

phebus
08-30-2006, 03:53 PM
They city council is wasting alot of time and money in some absurd attempt to reinvent the wheel....
Lets talk about the sewer project, Lets talk about the crime in this town, lets talk about the major drug problem in this town, lets talk about quality of life issues.
Well, from my personal experience, the worst people you can have trying to solve the issues of the community, is the city council. Who wants a bunch of hayseed yahoos deciding our future. The best thing that could be done, would be to get a good city manager, with a talented staff, and a smart enough council to vote on their reccomendations.

Kilrtoy
08-30-2006, 03:57 PM
here it is, sorry
Negligent operation of watercraft or water skis; restriction in operation of watercraft
A. No person shall operate a watercraft in a careless, reckless or negligent manner or in disregard of the safety of any person or property .
B. A person shall not operate a watercraft while allowing a person to ride on the gunwales, the transom or the decked over bow of a watercraft propelled by machinery operating in excess of wakeless speed except if:
1. That portion of the watercraft was designed and constructed for the purpose of carrying passengers at all speeds.
2. The watercraft is being maneuvered for anchoring, mooring or casting off moorings.
C. No watercraft shall be operated with a passenger or passengers on the bow in such a manner as to obstruct the view of the operator.
D. No person on water skis, a surfboard or a similar contrivance shall behave in a careless, reckless or negligent manner or in disregard of the safety of any person or property .
They are saying it is a dangerous and its about safety, so I highlighted a portion of A to help with clarifiication

Todd969
08-30-2006, 03:58 PM
No! that is asking too much, instead lets think up new inovative idea's like
HEY CHECK IT OUT, I FOUND THIS LAW IN THE AZ CODE BOOK, BUT LETS MAKE OUR OWN ORDINANCE SAYING THE SAY THING, LETS UTILIZE OUR POLICE FORCE, LAWYERS,CITY PERSONEL AND WHAT EVER ELSE WE CANDREAM UP AND WASTE SOME MONEY. THE CHIEF HAS NOTHING BETTER TO DO, THE LAWYERS HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO, CITY SURVEYORS HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO
Really, the new situation isn't that bad and why are you making such a big deal about it? I thought you didn't care about sitting in the channel.
Since you seem to have all this figured out, stop whinning about the changes and do something to fix it. All the: they this or they that is getting old. When was the last time you showed up for a Tuesday night meeting to express your concerns as a resident? Oops, you technically aren't one, but you could prepare a statement for Yvonne to read. I'm not trying to be difficult, but really Mig, stop bitching about it and take some action.

shaffewm
08-30-2006, 04:00 PM
It comes down to the voters in LHC....you can't run off your income base...so we will see.....

Kilrtoy
08-30-2006, 04:01 PM
Really, the new situation isn't that bad and why are you making such a big deal about it? I thought you didn't care about sitting in the channel.
Since you seem to have all this figured out, stop whinning about the changes and do something to fix it. All the: they this or they that is getting old. When was the last time you showed up for a Tuesday night meeting to express your concerns as a resident? Oops, you technically aren't one, but you could prepare a statement for Yvonne to read. I'm not trying to be difficult, but really Mig, stop bitching about it and take some action.
You mean like the action you and everyone else did a month or so ago and then were shown the door and no one even listened to what was said or presented and then they overwhelmingly voted , YEAH THAT IS IT TODD.
I love the channel, but the city has caused myself and alot of others to find other places to hang out....

phebus
08-30-2006, 04:02 PM
Kilr, just get a deckboat, or a pontoon, and you can dance anywhere you want :rollside:

Kilrtoy
08-30-2006, 04:09 PM
HEY TODD
Since you are a LAW VIOLATOR, how was your contact with LHPD last week/or week before.
Were you satisfied with the manner the LHPD dealt with you in....
My point of view: it was pretty shitty in the manner and tone you were dealt with.

Todd969
08-30-2006, 04:15 PM
You mean like the action you and everyone else did a month or so ago and then were shown the door and no one even listened to what was said or presented and then they overwhelmingly voted , YEAH THAT IS IT TODD.
I love the channel, but the city has caused myself and alot of others to find other places to hang out....
With the current Mayor and a couple of others I see what you are saying, however all this complaining is doing no good. Honestly I don't have any problems with the sugessted ordinances. The channel should be a SAFE ZONE. Why do I need to see drunken idiots, boobs, fat chicks dancing on a passing boat? If that's the type of entertainment you or others need, take it to a cove or the sandbars. I'm no prude, but with that area being such a large public place there needs to be laws of this nature.
You're always quick to stir the pot but slow as molasses to find a solution and make logical\useable suggestions.

Todd969
08-30-2006, 04:18 PM
HEY TODD
Since you are a LAW VIOLATOR, how was your contact with LHPD last week/or week before.
My point of view: it was pretty shitty in the manner and tone you were dealt with.
Actually he came by and said sorry. He recognized me, but being in the Rhino and not the Mule threw him off. And what I did was my own fault. I was not supposed to be in the park area with it. It could have been worse, like a ticket. Don't act all innocent either, I'm sure you are just a much an ass when in uniform. :rollside:

Roxysnow
08-30-2006, 04:29 PM
Just got done reading these last two pages and as far as I understand, Nothing is really changing. Nothing has really changed in the past. Unless you're going to be like Todd and tear through the parks on a rhino , if you know right from wrong then these laws shouldn't really affect anyone sober!

Todd969
08-30-2006, 04:32 PM
Just got done reading these last two pages and as far as I understand, Nothing is really changing. Nothing has really changed in the past. Unless you're going to be like Todd and tear through the parks on a rhino , if you know right from wrong then these laws shouldn't really affect anyone sober!
For the record Kevin, I was parked under a shade tree talking to Miguel.

Kilrtoy
08-30-2006, 04:34 PM
With the current Mayor and a couple of others I see what you are saying, however all this complaining is doing no good. Honestly I don't have any problems with the sugessted ordinances. The channel should be a SAFE ZONE.
Safe zone, what is there some gang war , drug war going on....
Why do I need to see drunken idiots, boobs, fat chicks dancing on a passing boat? If that's the type of entertainment you or others need, take it to a cove or the sandbars. I'm no prude, but with that area being such a large public place there needs to be laws of this nature.
That is where you are wrong, very wrong
So it is ok to disreagrd the law in other areas of the lake , but JUST NOT IN THE CHANNEL, you may want to re think that one...
You're always quick to stir the pot but slow as molasses to find a solution and make logical\useable suggestions.
AGAIN
That is where you are wrong.
I have called the city and I have received nothing but the run around.....
maybe you can help me, I observed a very dangerous traffic condition, I contacted the LHPD and informed them of such. Their response, that is not the police departments problem. Well whose fricken problem is it then...
And yes two weeks later after receiving the runaround, the problem still exist...

Kilrtoy
08-30-2006, 04:36 PM
Actually he came by and said sorry. He recognized me, but being in the Rhino and not the Mule threw him off. And what I did was my own fault. I was not supposed to be in the park area with it. It could have been worse, like a ticket. :
That is bullshit , you and I both know it...
He should not talk to anyone that way period....
BUT since he knew you he went back and said sorry, so it would have been ok , if he didnt
Don't act all innocent either, I'm sure you are just a much an ass when in uniform. :rollside know you:
BULLSHIT...
come over and i'll will gladly show you differently...

Todd969
08-30-2006, 04:39 PM
You amaze me. What part of Channel large public place didn't you understand? This isn't a matter of who's right or wrong, it's your spineless pissy whinning about something "YOU" perceive as a problem when it really isn't. If you don't like the rules stay home or find another area to break them!

Roxysnow
08-30-2006, 04:40 PM
For the record Kevin, I was parked under a shade tree talking to Miguel.
I know! Just giving you a hard time! :rollside:

Kilrtoy
08-30-2006, 04:42 PM
You amaze me. What part of Channel large public place didn't you understand? This isn't a matter of who's right or wrong, it's your spineless pissy whinning about something "YOU" perceive as a problem when it really isn't. If you don't like the rules stay home or find another area to break them!
So the sandbar is not a large public place, or is it a place you dont go to so you dont care about it
Pissy whinning and spinless, that is a new one act your age todd 36 not 86
Now I am breaking the rules,
Can you please explain which ones I have broken...
sorry you may not like fat chicks but imsure their are people that do and take no offense tothem dancing , maybe you should stay home and save yourself from the sinners of the world

Todd969
08-30-2006, 04:43 PM
Furthermore Joe law officer, the MCSO has jurisdiction over the lake and if they are not doing there job I will get you Tom Sheehan's # and you can bitch to him. This is about creating a family friendly environment and sorry chuck, Tits and drunks do not consitute FAMILY.

Kilrtoy
08-30-2006, 04:45 PM
Your last statement is pretty damn funny, maybe you should look at your own boat and then repharse that statement

Todd969
08-30-2006, 04:46 PM
Here's my quote from another post.
I don't understand the uproar here. The suggested rules aren't going to hurt anybody. If anything several of the rules will make for safer boating. How many times have we seen little kids sitting on the front or transom and said" WTF are these parents thinking?"
As for the mooring issue, why do most of you complaining care? It seems like most, not all bitch about the channel anyway. If the laws are to hard for you to work with, go to Steamboat,Copper, Sandbar, Moabi etc.
I say these things because:
1) I don't drink so I could care less about the risk of a OUI or lewd conduct charge.
2) Dana and I are not part of the hardcore weekend party crowd, but we do enjoy visiting with several of them when they are close.
3) If and when I feel the need to see half naked women we can go to sandbar. ( went 1 time this year )
The ordinances are being placed to help the channel become more family friendly and remove the "trouble".

Todd969
08-30-2006, 04:47 PM
Your last statement is pretty damn funny, maybe you should look at your own boat and then repharse that statement
Huh?

h2oski2fast
08-30-2006, 04:52 PM
Cityguy, what's the point of all this? Seems to me that the city counsel is targeting the wrong problem. Why are they making ordinances that are targetting the boating communtiy and not the meth problem that is over abundant in Havasu. Is it because the boaters, for the most part, have money the pay the fines? There are only 2 counsel that don't have their heads in there ass. I think most of the others are on the take.

Kilrtoy
08-30-2006, 04:52 PM
Here's my quote from another post.
I don't understand the uproar here. The suggested rules aren't going to hurt anybody. If anything several of the rules will make for safer boating. How many times have we seen little kids sitting on the front or transom and said" WTF are these parents thinking?"
LAW IS ALREADY ON THE BOOKS AND I POSTED IT
As for the mooring issue, why do most of you complaining care? It seems like most, not all bitch about the channel anyway. If the laws are to hard for you to work with, go to Steamboat,Copper, Sandbar, Moabi etc. "
we bitch because of the absurd rules that are being imposed and the over reaction of the PD
I say these things because:
1) I don't drink so I could care less about the risk of a OUI or lewd conduct charge.
2) Dana and I are not part of the hardcore weekend party crowd, but we do enjoy visiting with several of them when they are close.
3) If and when I feel the need to see half naked women we can go to sandbar. ( went 1 time this year )
The ordinances are being placed to help the channel become more family friendly and remove the "trouble".
Am I part of this HARDCORE PARTY SCENE

Kilrtoy
08-30-2006, 04:55 PM
What if they came up with some new ordinance that stated you could only visit and moor in the cahannel for 1hour a day, this in turn will let everyone have a chance to experience the channel...
WHAT WOULD YOU DO THEN

shadow
08-30-2006, 04:56 PM
:argue: Dam look at you guys go! :)

Todd969
08-30-2006, 04:56 PM
I'm very unhappy that you called Dana a drunk now that she clarified what I didn't get.
So with that, Have a nice evening.

Warlockjer
08-30-2006, 04:57 PM
Man, I try and stay neutral on most issues on this board, but after reading these last two pages, I really do agree with Todd. The channel has become an embarassment . I live here FULL TIME and won't go there on weekends. And I am no prude. It is like who can drink more and who can be the biggest ASS!!!!!! :rollside:

Kilrtoy
08-30-2006, 04:58 PM
I'm very unhappy that you called Dana a drunk now that she clarified what I didn't get.
So with that, Have a nice evening.
I never called Dana a drunk, get that staright, you do have other people on your toon that have been drunk several times,
yet it is ok for you to say things about me, which for the most part are not even true

HM
08-30-2006, 05:01 PM
Man, I try and stay neutral on most issues on this board, but after reading these last two pages, I really do agree with Todd. The channel has become an embarassment . I live here FULL TIME and won't go there on weekends. And I am no prude. It is like who can drink more and who can be the biggest ASS!!!!!! :rollside:
Todd is my new favorite HB'r. Look him running KToy around like a little school boy biatch, and shit. :D

Mrs.Killer
08-30-2006, 05:23 PM
. Don't act all innocent either, I'm sure you are just a much an ass when in uniform. :rollside:
Im sorry Todd, i take offence to your comment. If you don't know Miguel in uniform, don't speak on it.......

Mrs.Killer
08-30-2006, 05:24 PM
What rules are we breaking???????

bignet
08-30-2006, 05:36 PM
I thought looking good in Havasu was a violation??? Sorry Yvonne, you and Roni are some lawbreaking mofos!
bignet

Mrs.Killer
08-30-2006, 05:40 PM
I thought looking good in Havasu was a violation??? Sorry Yvonne, you and Roni are some lawbreaking mofos!
bignet
I guess so. I better buy some grandma swimsuits and throw the thongs away

RiverRatMike
08-30-2006, 05:41 PM
Council Ties Down Mooring Issue
LAKE HAVASU CITY, AZ - New signs are already in place along the Bridgewater Channel. It involves new restrictions on mooring as the Labor Day weekend rush is soon to take place. The signs state that mooring can take place only at tie downs and only allows one boat per tie down. An ordinance at last night’s Lake Havasu City Council meeting passed 4-3 (with Nyberg, Aldridge, and Striyle dissenting.) The ordinance itself will not be in effect this weekend, but the signage remains and is expected to be enforced.
The new ordinance says unless a watercraft is moored to a designated mooring post, no boater may moor, park, anchor, or leave his (or her) watercraft standing within 25 feet of the east side of the channel.
Meanwhile, students from the University of Arizona who have been working on the survey results filled out by Lake Havasu City residents on the future of the Bridgewater Channel, presented their interim findings. A disproportionate number of males responded to the survey (over 60%) and the participants were older residents for the most part. Over 12% saw shopping, dining and entertainment as the most important concern (the top choice,) condos were listed at 10.2%, and alcohol and bad behavior in the channel at 9.5%.
The students will return at the end of the year with a more comprohensive report. Yesterday, the group visited the entire channel area for further input.

Tom Brown
08-30-2006, 05:42 PM
I hear the next ordinance they intend to pass will require everyone to pray before entering the channel.

Mrs.Killer
08-30-2006, 05:43 PM
I hear the next ordinance they intend to pass will require everyone to pray before entering the channel.
LMAO

Jbb
08-30-2006, 05:44 PM
................Amen!

3 daytona`s
08-30-2006, 05:56 PM
LMAO :smile:

Phat Matt
08-30-2006, 06:37 PM
Uhhhhhhhh. Yeah. :messedup:

bignet
08-30-2006, 07:35 PM
I guess so. I better buy some grandma swimsuits and throw the thongs away
What the sh*t!!! :220v: That would be offensive! LMAO!
bignet

Eliminator 4 Life
08-31-2006, 06:06 AM
With the current Mayor and a couple of others I see what you are saying, however all this complaining is doing no good. Honestly I don't have any problems with the sugessted ordinances. The channel should be a SAFE ZONE. Why do I need to see drunken idiots, boobs, fat chicks dancing on a passing boat? If that's the type of entertainment you or others need, take it to a cove or the sandbars. I'm no prude, but with that area being such a large public place there needs to be laws of this nature.
They wont allow us at the sandbar for some reason HELLO.. I got Miguels back here the city is just making shit up and itsa not right just cause they mayor wants the cty back the way it was in the 70's it wont happen it will turn to a ghost town before that and lots of buisness will loose lots of money. Like Miguel said spend the money and get the sewers done the roads are a mess.......

CityGuy
08-31-2006, 09:03 AM
Cityguy, what's the point of all this? Seems to me that the city counsel is targeting the wrong problem. Why are they making ordinances that are targetting the boating communtiy and not the meth problem that is over abundant in Havasu. Is it because the boaters, for the most part, have money the pay the fines? There are only 2 counsel that don't have their heads in there ass. I think most of the others are on the take.
I do not speak for our elected officials unless the Mayor asks me to do so. However, what I can tell you is this Council has taken positive steps to curb the meth problem in LHC (which, I am pleased to say, the numbers suggest may be on the decline), such as requiring local merchants to put OTC medications containing ephedrine products behind the counter and off the shelves. There are other actions that the Police Department is taking to target meth, some of which I cannot speak of openly, but believe me when I tell you there is alot going on behind the scenes that is making a positive impact. On the weekends, however, those detectives and other officers are likely assigned Channel duty.
As far as the ordinances go, my personal observation is that our City Council is responding to local residents who are expressing a growing resentment toward much of the unruly behavior and general 'free for all' that takes place in the Channel almost every summer weekend, usually beginning Fridays. In years past, the extreme party occurred for the most part just on the three holiday weekends and the community pretty much joined the party or just tolerated it for the few days each holiday. With the crowds here almost every weekend now, the City's resources are almost constantly stretched to the limit and the community feels the strain. Our police officers take your safety very seriously and they do a good job of maintaining order under circumstances that are chaotic and downright dangerous at times.
Basically, three ordinances have been enacted or introduced that seem to be causing all the fuss. The "Offensive Conduct" ordinance makes being drunk in public a crime in LHC (state statutes do not). It also puts teeth into an officer's request for someone to cease behavior that is offensive to others. Another ordinance requires people riding in a boat in the Bridgewater Channel to ride in the passenger compartment while underway. A safety issue. The third ordinance limits mooring on the east side of the south Channel to 15 foot spacing. A measure that allows public safety officials to get to you if you are in trouble or breaking the law, and an alternative to prohibiting mooring alltogether.
These laws are designed to protect the safety and the enjoyment of those who recreate responsibly. If someone is so apalled by these ordinances that they go elsewhere, my guess is that those people will be quickly replaced by others who respect and appreciate those laws. <- my $.02
See you on the lake.
Charlie Cassens

phebus
08-31-2006, 09:15 AM
Great post Charlie.

Bradman
08-31-2006, 09:25 AM
We don't hang out much in the Channel anymore since my 9 year old boy was looking through my binaculars and told his mother he was on pastie patrol. :cry: We've had some really good times there.

Havasu Cig
08-31-2006, 09:36 AM
HEY TODD
My contacts with LHPD have been mixed at best. I have had contact with them a couple of times with some vandalism issues at my house, and those went well.
I have also been contacted on the water, and witnessed a lot of contacts and a majority of those I would say were not good. It seems to me that the cops out there don't contact the right people a lot of the time. They will jack up a family for some B.S. and will not contact a group of $hitbags parked next to them. :rolleyes:

OutCole'd
08-31-2006, 09:40 AM
They wont allow us at the sandbar for some reason HELLO.. I got Miguels back here the city is just making shit up and itsa not right just cause they mayor wants the cty back the way it was in the 70's it wont happen it will turn to a ghost town before that and lots of buisness will loose lots of money. Like Miguel said spend the money and get the sewers done the roads are a mess.......
If the city turned into a ghost town, would that be such a bad thing? I did not buy as an investment, just for enjoyment. Less crowds, less idiots, less traffic.....
Just a thought.
I agree that the Channel should be a safe family place. Let the party go to the sandbar. They close the sandbar on holiday weekends, so there would be three weekends throughout the year people can not cut completely loose. I could live with this.
Too many times I have been in the channel talking with friends and family and someone has to pull up with home speakers strapped to their pontoon with a bunch of drunken idiots screaming & cursing like they own the place. I have parked in the Channel once so far this year due to this. It is not much fun for me & my family anymore. I think it should be back like it was 5-10 years ago. I would be OK with that.
If I want to party, it is a short ride to Sandbar.
Just my .02

Kilrtoy
08-31-2006, 09:43 AM
I guess this law was not good enough, so lets reinvent the wheel
13-2904. Disorderly conduct; classification
A. A person commits disorderly conduct if, with intent to disturb the peace or quiet of a neighborhood, family or person, or with knowledge of doing so, such person:
1. Engages in fighting, violent or seriously disruptive behavior; or
2. Makes unreasonable noise; or
3. Uses abusive or offensive language or gestures to any person present in a manner likely to provoke immediate physical retaliation by such person; or
4. Makes any protracted commotion, utterance or display with the intent to prevent the transaction of the business of a lawful meeting, gathering or procession; or
5. Refuses to obey a lawful order to disperse issued to maintain public safety in dangerous proximity to a fire, a hazard or any other emergency; or
6. Recklessly handles, displays or discharges a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument.
B. Disorderly conduct under subsection A, paragraph 6 is a class 6 felony. Disorderly conduct under subsection A, paragraph 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 is a class 1 misdemeanor.

Kilrtoy
08-31-2006, 09:44 AM
I have also been contacted on the water, and witnessed a lot of contacts and a majority of those I would say were not good. It seems to me that the cops out there don't contact the right people a lot of the time. They will jack up a family for some B.S. and will not contact a group of $hitbags parked next to them. :rolleyes:
I too have witnessed this several times....

phebus
08-31-2006, 09:46 AM
If new ordinances that help officers enforce existing laws are enacted, I support them. As an officer, don't you get upset when someone is doing something wrong, and you know citing them would be difficult?

Kilrtoy
08-31-2006, 09:50 AM
If new ordinances that help officers enforce existing laws are enacted, I support them. As an officer, don't you get upset when someone is doing something wrong, and you know citing them would be difficult?
If it is wrong Rick, then there is a law and it will be enforced. I dont need money wasted on new laws when the current ones work just fine, I will simply use the existing ones in place and articulate the said facts.