PDA

View Full Version : A question for all you loony gun nuts.....

Benjhamina
08-30-2006, 07:58 AM
A good friend of mine recenty had his retired police officer father pass away and he left him a number of fire arms. He has decided he would like to gift a .38 revolver to me since we were also close. My question is, how does he legally transfer the guns into his name since the previous owner has passed away? Does he need the death certificate? What else will we need?

Riverkid
08-30-2006, 08:02 AM
Have the relative take it a dealer, who can then DROS it over to you...

STV_Keith
08-30-2006, 09:37 AM
Man, I feel sorry for you guys in Kommiefornia that have to get a dealer involved in a "private sale." Jeez. :yuk:

BADBLOWN572
08-30-2006, 10:09 AM
Man, I feel sorry for you guys in Kommiefornia that have to get a dealer involved in a "private sale." Jeez. :yuk:
Not only that, we are F'ed and can not play with any fun guns. :yuk: You guys have all the luck. ;)

riverbound
08-30-2006, 10:16 AM
Not only that, we are F'ed and can not play with any fun guns. :yuk: You guys have all the luck. ;)
yah, we can ;) it would just suck to get caught. :cry:

Jbb
08-30-2006, 10:19 AM
No kidding..... :p .......Bang!

cdog
08-30-2006, 10:22 AM
Go to a turners outdoorsman and they will know how to handle the transfer. It should cost around 100 bucks or so. Welcome to the world of gun nuts and baby killers. I'm sure you're on some lib's hit list as of now. :)
You really should consider going to a gun safety course. The guy that runs the range at Prado does a good job. And get a safe!

Sleek-Jet
08-30-2006, 10:23 AM
Go to a turners outdoorsman and they will know how to handle the transfer. It should cost around 100 bucks or so. Welcome to the world of gun nuts and baby killers. I'm sure you're on some lib's hit list as of now. :)
You really should consider going to a gun safety course. The guy that runs the range at Prado does a good job. And get a safe!
yeah... get a safe...

Riverkid
08-30-2006, 10:32 AM
He's going to have to take the handgun proficiency test anyway for the transfer if one of them is a pistol or a revolver... :rolleyes:

OGShocker
08-30-2006, 12:40 PM
I am sure the ATF has all the information they need from this thread to come and retrieve the weapons.. :D
Screw the "man".

Cole Trickle
08-30-2006, 12:48 PM
Just have him file off the serial numbers before you take possesion;) :crossx:
Thats what the gang bangers due before they gift them to friends. :cry: :idea:

NashvilleBound
08-30-2006, 01:29 PM
yah, we can ;) it would just suck to get caught. :cry:
:rolleyes: Something like that :rolleyes:

ekbearly
08-30-2006, 01:40 PM
If the gun isn't registered (which is probably the case if the Dad had the gun for a while), then there is no need to transfer anything.

Danhercules
08-30-2006, 04:55 PM
The wife and I are singed up for that one.
Rohogies, That how its pronounced, but no clue how its spelled.

Riverkid
08-30-2006, 05:42 PM
It's Raahagues (I think...) :)
Great place and a nice ride for you from Norco. The guys running the courses over there are great. Not a bad way to spend the day, just bring a shotgun and bust some clays after...