PDA

View Full Version : Running 100

DetroitJim
01-02-2001, 07:06 AM
Hi everyone. Anyone?
I want to get my 1975 19ft. Sanger Flat up to 100 mph no ifs or excuses. I have been told this will take about 600 HP which is not a problem, but need to know more about rigging for higher speeds. Currently, I am running 84 mph with a mild 454. The boat porpoises badly at higher speeds unless the plate is set 2 notches down. I am running 15% gears with a 7 degree strut. My thought is to shove the motor forward about 6 inches and see what happens. My question is how critical is the strut angle and prop position relative to the back of the boat and plate length? Would like to hear from any v-drivers out there.
Jim

superdave013
01-02-2001, 01:04 PM
Is your Sanger a flat or runnerbottom?
When you say your plate is set two notches down, do you have up / down pedals too? With the plate unlocked what is it's position to the bottom of the boat? Even or maybe up 1/4"? Also what prop are you running and how far is it from the back of the boat and how far is it to the strut? Before you move the engine up, how far is it to the back of the boat. Was this boat set up with four seats or only two? Check out AZ Don's v-drive page @ http://vdrives.hypermart.net/msgboard/wwwboard.html. Lots of people running Sangers at that page?

superdave013
01-02-2001, 01:11 PM
Well I can't get my own link to work. Just search Az Don's v-drive and go to the message board.

DetroitJim
01-02-2001, 08:04 PM
No luck with AZ Don, his free message board is gone.
My boat is a non runner bubble deck. pics are at www.photos.yahoo.com/jcbracewell. (http://www.photos.yahoo.com/jcbracewell.)
The cav plate handle sits snug in the third notch with no up or down tension on the plate. It is a single full width non hinged plate screwed into the hull bottom, no up pedal. Prop is 11.25 x 17 2 blade menkens or 11.5 x 15 2 blade stellings. The boat behaves the same with either prop.
The boat was built as a recreational skier with 4 seats. I will take measurements of all hardware positions and report back.
Thanks!