PDA

View Full Version : 455 olds leaks oil

bosshog
08-30-2006, 03:44 PM
i have a 455 olds that is slightly built.i had it in dino everything was good till i took it out on the water and wipped it good.im good to 4000 rpm but after that i leak oil from everywhere.checked the compression all were even.i tryed a pvc but no dice, i want to try a crankcase evacuation system can i connect it to my hardin thru transom logs at the snail?the kit comes with check valves.thanks for any help.the motor is in a 18' beachcomber with a berkley 12 jca pump

SmokinLowriderSS
08-30-2006, 04:48 PM
Just where is "everywhere"?

Wet Dream
08-31-2006, 05:48 AM
How much oil are you talking about? How much are you getting in the bilge? I know I have a pan leak, it leaves a pretty good film in the bilge, but its just something I have to get used to until I fix it.

El Prosecutor
08-31-2006, 10:39 AM
I am not sure where it is going, but I use about 1/2 qt. of oil for every tank of gas. I am not finding that much in the bilge, and it seems to run good, so I just keep adding a little each time out. Anything important I am missing?

Old Guy
08-31-2006, 05:00 PM
i have a 455 olds that is slightly built.i had it in dino everything was good till i took it out on the water and wipped it good.im good to 4000 rpm but after that i leak oil from everywhere.checked the compression all were even.i tryed a pvc but no dice, i want to try a crankcase evacuation system can i connect it to my hardin thru transom logs at the snail?the kit comes with check valves.thanks for any help.the motor is in a 18' beachcomber with a berkley 12 jca pump
I tried an "evac system" like you're talking about. Could not get it to work with the logs. I think the log exhaust just has too much back pressure.
Do your valve covers have baffles? Mine didn't...blew oil all over. Got baffles now...end of problem.