PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Campbell Regatta

InKahntrol
08-31-2006, 10:55 AM
This past weekend in LHC I encountered a fellow Campbell owner who was asking me about the next regatta.
Apparently not everyone has heard that the Campbell Boat Company has formally ended the "official" Campbell Regattas and won't be doing one in '06.
That's a shame, since I believe Campbell has been putting on regattas longer than any other West Coast custom boat builder (Since 1972, as far as I know).
However, the Campbell Boat Owner's Association has decided to put on their own shindig, starting this year! Out with the old, in with the new!
:) :rollside: :) :rollside: :) :rollside: :)
The cruise up river is for Campbells only, but I'm sure enthusiasts and like-minded people are more than welcome at either of the two dinners.
If you've never been to a Campbell event, let me say this: there is no group of friendlier, crazier, more nostalgia-addicted boaters anywhere on the planet.
Anyone who can push a 6k-pound hunk of old-school fiberglass over 100mph is pretty cool in my book, and there are several at these events.
Here's the info I have from organizer Barb Tyrell:
2006 CAMPBELL OWNERS CLUB REGATTA
LAKE HAVASU CITY, AZ
FRIDAY EVENING SEPTEMBER 22, 6:00 PM
MONTANA STEAK HOUSE
NO HOST BAR & MEAL
SATURDAY 10:00 AM
MEET IN THOMPSON BAY (IN FRONT OF THE NAUTICAL)
PARADE THRU THE BRIDGE ON OUR WAY UP RIVER TO
PARK MOABI FOR A POT LUCK WITH A "LUAU" THEME.
$50.00 PER BOAT (THIS WILL COVER, BEACH USE, USE OF THE GAZEBO,
AND THE PARK'S REQUIRED INSURANCE AS WELL AS A PLAN TO START A "CAMPBELL OWNERS ASSOCIATION" ACCOUNT FOR FURTHER EVENTS).
SATURDAY NIGHT 7:30 PM ANOTHER NO HOST DINNER AT "CASA SERRANO".
LET'S KEEP OUR "CAMPBELL TRADITIONS" ALIVE.
WE'LL HAVE MUSIC, GAMES, FOOD, AND FRIENDSHIP.

HM
08-31-2006, 05:06 PM
Shoot, I'd love to take the new Campbell Tunnel, but there is no way I will be ready by that time. :cry:

InKahntrol
09-20-2006, 07:43 PM
The Campbell Boat Owner's Regatta starts tomorrow in LHC. Anyone else on here going?

Oldschool427
11-18-2006, 07:15 PM
I was there, have lots of pics, the next get together will be in Jan, the Claim Bake. Usually the week before the Super Bowl. I'll be there also.
Campbell owner 'Old School'

InKahntrol
11-20-2006, 09:35 AM
What boat is yours? What's your name?
-Danny Kahn
20' Campbell
"Wrath of Kahn"