PDA

View Full Version : Question??

skipr
08-31-2006, 04:54 PM
I just bought a dominator split bowl, The ? I have is, I don't see any holes to put oil in this thing. Any help would be great. :confused:
Thanks, Steve

El Prosecutor
08-31-2006, 06:34 PM
I just bought a dominator split bowl, The ? I have is, I don't see any holes to put oil in this thing. Any help would be great. :confused:
Thanks, Steve
It is probably set up for grease:
Dominator Manual (http://www.americanturbine.com/downloads/pdf/owners_manual.pdf)

poncho-pwr
08-31-2006, 06:34 PM
Most Dominator bowls have a water lubed rear bearing so there is no need for oil so that is why there sre no oil fill holes. Some of them have had the greaseable bearing deals put in them though and on them there is a cap inside the bowl on the exit side with a grease zerk on it.

Gearhead
08-31-2006, 06:49 PM
You do need to grease the thrust bearing just like most all jets. But if you are looking at the bowl and tailhousing, most of the early dominators are water lubed. The manual in El Prosecutors reply is really good. For the tailhousing, just look inside the nozzle and look towards the bowl to see if there is a grease zerk as per manual or if you see the end of a shaft.
If grease zerk... grease.... if not... your ok and don't worry about it... but don't forget the thrust bearing.