PDA

View Full Version : When the Levees Broke

upsman105
08-31-2006, 08:04 PM
Is anybody watching this on HBO. I didn't realize the government and FEMA was soley responsible for everything that happened to these people.

CornWater
08-31-2006, 08:06 PM
Is anybody watching this on HBO. I didn't realize the government and FEMA was soley responsible for everything that happened to these people.
It's a way of life.....
:rolleyes:

Kilrtoy
08-31-2006, 08:08 PM
ITS ALL THERE FAULT... IM MEAN THEY were told to leave in more than ample time and they chose to stay.....
Granted a few persons had no choice as being confined to the hospitals, which i do feel very sorry for, but the rest SCREW THEM....
You know texas and other states that took these people in, WELL YOU GUESSED IT crime is thru the roof
Oh and im sick about hearing about it :boxed:

upsman105
08-31-2006, 08:11 PM
It disgusts me to listen to these people, they were comparing the evacuation to slavery, because most of the people were black and they were getting evacuated out across the united states....where do they get this.

moneypit
08-31-2006, 08:12 PM
Oh and im sick about hearing about it :boxed:
How sick are you?

squirt'nmyload
08-31-2006, 08:14 PM
it was george w. bush's fault ;) he deverted that hurricane to the bayou :skull:
because george bush doesn't like black people

upsman105
08-31-2006, 08:14 PM
I think the oil companies had something to do with it so they could raise prices.

lewiville
08-31-2006, 08:33 PM
just missed it.
tell me more

upsman105
08-31-2006, 08:43 PM
Here is some info.
http://www.hbo.com/docs/programs/whentheleveesbroke/
It was done by Spike Lee, so you can imagine the point of view.

Cas
08-31-2006, 09:08 PM
Katrina was Sadam's WMD....don't you people know anything? :rolleyes:

Outnumbered
08-31-2006, 09:20 PM
Bush sux. He manipulated the weather and made the hurricane hit New Orleans. Then he single handedly blew up all the levees while at the same time sabotaging FEMA's relief effort plans. Then he parked all of the buses in a flooded parking lot so that they could not be used to rescue the poor, poor, black folks. After all, as Kanye says..."Bush hates black people".
Ya, that's it. Bush sux :rolleyes:

upsman105
08-31-2006, 09:24 PM
We joke about this but if you watched the show and listened to these people they honestly blame the govt. for the whole thing. They're nuts.

Outnumbered
08-31-2006, 09:44 PM
We joke about this but if you watched the show and listened to these people they honestly blame the govt. for the whole thing. They're nuts.
Oh, I know. It's sick how the media can brain-wash stupid people.

YeLLowBoaT
08-31-2006, 10:12 PM
Any1 else hearing the Led zep song "when the levees break" ?

lewiville
08-31-2006, 10:29 PM
Any1 else hearing the Led zep song "when the levees break" ?
when I fist saw this thread

Kilrtoy
08-31-2006, 10:49 PM
How sick are you?
I just threw up again

jxr02
09-01-2006, 02:39 AM
Why, in this country, do we have to find someone to blame for everything bad that happens. It was a cat 5 hurricane for god sakes! Who was responsible for the Tsunami in SE Asia two years ago? No one. It sucks, and people suffered but sh*t happens. People have been warning NOLA residents since the Carter administration that bad things would eventually happen, and people chose to go about their normal lives. Everyone of the people in that town (children excepted) had free will to live in NOLA or move. I feel for their misery, but life goes on.

JetBoatRich
09-01-2006, 03:33 AM
Bush, Oil Companies, FEMA, etc you all may be right it was a conspiracy :rolleyes:

centerhill condor
09-01-2006, 03:44 AM
I've been to NOLA once a month for a five day trip for three years two years ago...got married there..okay place to visit.
During my visits I would watch the public access network and view their gov't in action...mind you way before that bitch katrina was born..you weren't allowed to build a carport or ad vinyl siding but they wouldn't make anybody pick up a paint brush...NOLA city gov't has a well earned reputation for graft and corruption which you simply must see to believe.
The storm placed NOLA in the national spotlight. It is unfortunate to be unfathered, uneducated, and poor...how this becomes a race issue is purely for political gain and entertainment...I don't get that either...the dems and blacks have run it for a long while and we're still gonna point the middle finger at whitey?
The storm is the best thing that could've happened for some of these folks...they'll get opportunities to advance their lot in life that were never possible in NOLA. Others will finally get that long prison term they so richly deserve but in Texas, Tennesse, GA.. For others it will be a tit to milk for a lifetime.
The storm gave the rest of us front row seats on how powerful our gov't can be...evacuated 19,000 people from the downtown area in 30 hours! wow.
And a nation opened her arms to comfort, feed, cloth, and house over 250,000 people on very short notice. That's my "America"! The best of the best when served the worst of the worse.
All gov't agencies had a training excercise for exactly what happened a year before and apparently learned very little. Was it poor planning and execution, you bet..poor leadership was self evident..but the fundamental problem was a very strong hurricane in an area that is below sea level!
What kind of movie would spike make had Katrina hit dead on killing today's survivors?

RitcheyRch
09-01-2006, 04:32 AM
These same people even believe that the US Government blew up the levees to destroy the area.

HocusPocus
09-01-2006, 05:48 AM
maybe it wasn't such a good idea to build a city... BELOW SEA LEVEL, next to an ocean! :crossx:

godfather
09-01-2006, 06:07 AM
yea but did you know that the white people bumed the levees yes i said bumed. at least that is what some moron said she also the ass that said you better get prayed up. phuckin morrons. they find the most inteligent people to speak on tv. im done :messedup: :messedup:

Jordy
09-01-2006, 06:33 AM
Who was responsible for the Tsunami in SE Asia two years ago?
I do believe that the US was blamed for that as well. :rolleyes:

Debbolas
09-01-2006, 06:49 AM
Read the book " The Great Deluge" it's an un-biased look at what really happened. There wasn't any communication between the agencies....and their governor and mayor didn't get along. That mayor was holed up in a hotel the entire time, somehow Spike Lee missed that little tidbit of info :mad:
And many of the NOPD left after "borrowing" cadillacs and drove to Houston. :mad: The mayor was more concerned about being sued, than evacuating his city :mad:
There were some heros..........:DLike the coast guard.....

upsman105
09-01-2006, 08:28 AM
Just heard one woman say, they announced over and over and over again on tv and the radio, "if you stay we will not help you", this was announced before the storm hit. "I heard it but they still have to do something for me", How do you argue with that logic????

SHAKEN Not Stirred
09-01-2006, 08:34 AM
Get back to work Brown !!!!!
:p

Mrs. Bordsmnj
09-01-2006, 08:35 AM
Read the book " The Great Deluge" it's an un-biased look at what really happened. There wasn't any communication between the agencies....and their governor and mayor didn't get along. That mayor was holed up in a hotel the entire time, somehow Spike Lee missed that little tidbit of info :mad:
And many of the NOPD left after "borrowing" cadillacs and drove to Houston. :mad: The mayor was more concerned about being sued, than evacuating his city :mad:
There were some heros..........:DLike the coast guard.....
Lack of agency communication or not, these people had plenty of warning. they chose to stay and them blame everyone else for their stupidity. :rolleyes:
I too am sick of listening to these people whine. With the exception of the people who could not leave, like Kilrtoy mentioned, everyone else needs to just shut up. Hell, they had enough warning to fricken walk to safety. I have no sympathy for them at all.
:rolleyes:

upsman105
09-01-2006, 08:39 AM
Get back to work Brown !!!!!
:p
I'm on vacation, waiting for people to get off work so I can head to the river.
What about you???

SHAKEN Not Stirred
09-01-2006, 08:44 AM
I'm on vacation, waiting for people to get off work so I can head to the river.
What about you???
Ummmmm......
Segago Lake, Maine!!!
I'm also on Vacation......
Wait!.....I'll post a pic of my view!
CJG
:)

jxr02
09-01-2006, 08:46 AM
maybe it wasn't such a good idea to build a city... BELOW SEA LEVEL, next to an ocean! :crossx:
I find it funny that the media mentions in passing that the French quarter was spared the flooding that struck the rest of the city. Guess why? Because the french knew 300 years ago that cities should be built on high ground. That part of the city is 7 feet ABOVE sea level. All the building after that was done on borrowed time. Perhaps the media should focus blame on those 19th century bulders that came after the French instead of the current assortment of scape goats.

Powerquestboy
09-01-2006, 08:48 AM
I wanted to throw up when I watched this....I love the lady that says "The government already tried to drowned me once and I'm not going back so they can do it again"
I dont care what you think of Bush if the guy has the power to control hurricanes he should be re-elected.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
09-01-2006, 08:51 AM
My view as I post away!!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1780Sabego_9-1-06.jpg
Later,
CJG

upsman105
09-01-2006, 08:52 AM
They act like the govt. had truckloads of food and water just outside of town but refused bring it in....give me a break. I would love to hear one person say, I was told to leave, but I didnt', people did what they could to help me but the bottom line is it was my fault for not leaving.

upsman105
09-01-2006, 08:54 AM
Chris that is beautiful...is that where you went last year?
Does that mean your house is empty??? :idea: :idea: :D

SHAKEN Not Stirred
09-01-2006, 08:57 AM
Yep!
Same place as last Summer....
I was sin Puerto Rico for a few days, then had the wife & kids meet me in Boston....
Did the same as last year, a few days in Cape Cod, then up to Maine for some boating....
I'll post the "Vacation Pics" soon.....
Oh....BTW....Don't even think of having a "Rage" at my house.....
I know how you UPS guys work !!!!
Have a good vacation.....
Later,
CJG
:rollside:

upsman105
09-01-2006, 09:00 AM
This is my view.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2126boat_undercover_002-med.jpg
I need to find friends with as much vacation time as me.

centerhill condor
09-01-2006, 11:54 AM
thanks for the pic! Shaken..not stirred..

RitcheyRch
09-01-2006, 01:25 PM
Nice view.
My view as I post away!!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1780Sabego_9-1-06.jpg
Later,
CJG