PDA

View Full Version : Anybody going to Laughlin?

upsman105
08-31-2006, 09:29 PM
Am leaving tomorrow as soon as everybody gets off work, and will be staying at Harrahs.

voodoomedman
08-31-2006, 09:30 PM
Am leaving tomorrow as soon as everybody gets off work, and will be staying at Harrahs.Have fun trying to launch at Katherine's. You better drive that up to Cottonwood.

upsman105
08-31-2006, 09:33 PM
Yeah I was researching that tonight, have not launched either place, but already decided on cottonwood, just need to figure out how to get there.

voodoomedman
08-31-2006, 09:34 PM
Yeah I was researching that tonight, have not launched either place, but already decided on cottonwood, just need to figure out how to get there.
Do a search on here and you will find out how. On a regular weekend you need to be at Katherine by 7 and off between 1 and 2 or your screwed. I couldn't imagine a holiday weekend Saturday.

upsman105
08-31-2006, 09:35 PM
Yeah I did that earlier, will probably launch on the river one day too. What are the odds of making it to Havasu down the river??

voodoomedman
08-31-2006, 09:40 PM
Yeah I did that earlier, will probably launch on the river one day too. What are the odds of making it to Havasu down the river??
You do not know the river if you are asking that question so do not do it unless you want to be fixing your outdrive or gelcoat damage. If you want then drive down to needles as you are supposed to be fine south of the Needles bridge. I personally have only taken the boat a couple miles north of Moabi though so I know for sure it is fine up to there. I have been on the Jet Ski from Davis Dam to the Avi plenty of times so I know the river there and I would still be scared to take my boat. If you did do it you have to know the river and do it at the right time of day. From Big Bend north to Laughlin the water is stupid low in the morning and starts it's rise about 10 I think and then starts going back down in the late afternoon.

upsman105
08-31-2006, 09:44 PM
I've done it on skis, but not in the boat yet. Yeah I would not risk it unless I was sure.

RitcheyRch
09-01-2006, 04:37 AM
Also, have gone from Laughlin to Havasu on Sea-Doos but never in a boat. Too many rocks in the water between Laughlin and Moabi to even try it with a boat.

Pheelin Phroggy
09-01-2006, 05:51 AM
we will be launching at cottonwood, sat and sun, do a damn run sat. but staying at the stateline

Water Romper
09-01-2006, 07:48 AM
I’ve gone to Havasu from Laughlin several times. Launched at Davis Park (right across the river, to the left of the bridge) I have a 20 foot w/ a Merc Outboard. It takes us about 3-4 hours to get there because we float and float and float…coming back I open her up, trim the motor and am back in Laughlin a few hours. I keep a real close eye on the river and “read” the current…I slow way down and raise the motor if things look shallow…haven’t dinged a prop yet HOWEVER….on a weekend like this, the “lice” will be absolutely OUT OF CONTROL!! I would not launch on that area of the river if my life depended on it (because, my life depends on it) Launch out of Moabi or Needles… :crossx: