PDA

View Full Version : 1977 Avenger with Windshield

StumpJumper
09-01-2006, 08:49 AM
My father passed away and left me his boat. I pretty much grew up with this boat. When we lived in Fla. The windshield got broken on the driver side. I called Ceebee and it was a little pricey and we had no idea how to ship something like a windshied. I was wondering if this could be fabricated by a shop. I'm still in the beginning stages with the boat. My plane is a full restore. Sorry I don't have any pictures on my computer. Hopefully I will have some soon. He bought the boat in Alexandria, Va. in 1977 new. I also have those pics too.
By the way, this boat has the gauges in the middle of the windshield. I hope someone can help. I will try to run to the photo shop and have them scan some pictures this week.
Thanks,
Ron

Devilman
09-01-2006, 10:18 AM
I've got a 77 Avenger, with a cracked drivers side windshield as well. Imagine that. :rollside: Only way to get them that I knew of was from CeeBee, and yes they were pricey, thats why I've still got a cracked one.:D Friend of mine here on the boards has an Avenger also, he just got done restoring it. Seems he had some info on those windshields. His username is "jetboat", you may try to PM him about it.... Good luck with the resto, I had to do quite a bit of work to mine as well. Definitely been a learning experience, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. :cool: Something I can help you with, I'll do what I can....

El Prosecutor
09-01-2006, 10:34 AM
My father passed away and left me his boat. I pretty much grew up with this boat. When we lived in Fla. The windshield got broken on the driver side. I called Ceebee and it was a little pricey and we had no idea how to ship something like a windshied. I was wondering if this could be fabricated by a shop. I'm still in the beginning stages with the boat. My plane is a full restore. Sorry I don't have any pictures on my computer. Hopefully I will have some soon. He bought the boat in Alexandria, Va. in 1977 new. I also have those pics too.
By the way, this boat has the gauges in the middle of the windshield. I hope someone can help. I will try to run to the photo shop and have them scan some pictures this week.
Thanks,
Ron
I love those hulls. One of the few things cooler than an Avenger is an Avenger with family history! I hope you are able to get it going good and enjoy it for a long time.
This may or may not help, but this info is from Duane HTP's website:
"We have had many people ask where they could buy a windshield for the Taylor SS Boats. Below is the Information.
Middy Plastic Products Inc
9320 151st Avenue Northeast, Redmond, WA 98052
(425) 883-4600"
The Taylor is similar in appearance, so maybe. . . . .
Good luck with it, and start posting the pics!

jetboat
09-01-2006, 10:46 AM
here you have a avenger,just finished restoeing the whole boat.you need a pair of windshields,well when i bought mine, we were in california(my home state) and brought them back on the plane.call mr. brown hes the originator of cee bee boats.he works when he wants so hes hard to get.the phone number is 310-537-0073.he might only have one set left or i might have got the last set,dont know.when i checked around tom have them made,the cost started at $1.500.00 due to the compound radius.if you have any questions like divilman says.e-mail either of us,and will gladley give any advise.

jetboat
09-01-2006, 10:58 AM
also,if you can figure how to post pictures,how does yuor starter install,at the top right of the bellhousing or the normal bottom of the motor?

StumpJumper
09-02-2006, 05:45 AM
also,if you can figure how to post pictures,how does yuor starter install,at the top right of the bellhousing or the normal bottom of the motor?
Jetboat, I have a new top right bellhousing. It's not installed just yet. He left me with a lot of notes and what's been done. Also, I need a suction piece for a 12JG pump. It's still usable but cracked. He used it like this for a while.
Thanks, for the help so far. Looks like I'm in the right place.

jetboat
09-05-2006, 04:20 AM
driven thru your cost line a while back going to willimington.guess the pictures i had are now to old to stay.we would like to see how much the same they are or our not in 30 years.