PDA

View Full Version : Nordic info please.....

1968Droptop
09-01-2006, 12:50 PM
A buddy is looking at a `79 19` Nordic Tunnel. It's supposed to have a lake lay-up hull. It looks prety decent from the pix we've seen. The owner says it runs out of water at 100 MPH, zero pressure in the intake. Wondering if a drop keel would fix this ???? Not sure what loader grate is on it at this time.
What can you guys tell us about these Nordic's ? Good, bad, or other. He's looking to do the same thing I am, lots of lake time, no racing (except against me..LOL), go over some chop w/o getting beat to death, and go 100 mph or so. Any trouble you know of with these hulls ? Anything to worry about build quality wise ? Thanks !!

jrork
09-01-2006, 01:29 PM
Who's looking at it Droppy? Don't know much about them other than they're sick looking...

1968Droptop
09-01-2006, 02:41 PM
Who's looking at it Droppy? Don't know much about them other than they're sick looking...
BLT, aka Bad Luck Tony.
You going to be at Alder Sunday ? It looks as though we're going to be there as well.

jrork
09-01-2006, 03:37 PM
Jeez, you guys are starting to piss me off. Tunnels everywhere......
Yep, we'll definately be there on Sunday. Sorry Sunland didnt work out but glad you guys are coming to Alder.

1968Droptop
09-04-2006, 04:29 PM
Anyone tell me about these hulls ???

IMPATIENT 1
09-04-2006, 04:54 PM
i seen one run yesterday, it had 750hp on the dyno and the boat was runnin in the low 90's.the boat has a female owner/driver and she does the work on the boat as well, she was hot to boot! it had a dominator and was a super nice boat, she said in her own opinion, it was the best tunnel she ever owned(she's had 4 others).i took my camera, but i was to drunk and havin to much fun racin to get any pics of it or her,lol.

Aduner2
09-04-2006, 05:17 PM
Nordic makes a good solid boat. It looks alot like the Eliminator 19 Daytona and assume the bottom is similar. Nordic has been in Havasu forever. Here's their web site:www.nordicpowerboats.com. Post a picture!

1968Droptop
09-04-2006, 06:38 PM
.........i took my camera, but i was to drunk and havin to much fun racin to get any pics of it or her,lol.
R U sure you weren't with me:cool: :cool: :cool: , Thanks for the info though, I'll post a pix and a litle info and we'll see what the reaction is.

1968Droptop
09-04-2006, 06:51 PM
The year is 79. The trailer is tandem and was rebuilt about 5 years ago. The hull comes with droopsnoot and straight nozzle. Nozzle has changable inserts. If bought with blowermotor I will include a hydraulic place diverter. The pump is a blue printed JG berkeley with a custom bowl built in cali. Stuffer plate and flow cone. Tim at proboat said it was one of the best. The engine is rail mounted so you can move it . Carpet up front and balsa in back. It was a lake layup. The tanks are two 12 gal tanks. The bottom Im not shure of. The gauges are autometer z series and the speedo is a norskog. The hull was painted about 5 years ago. Has been kept inside and covered. The best Ive seen is around 100mph. It has a AA impellor and runs out of water around 95. I never did any tuning to get more water. My friend has the same hull and he is runing about 118mph. The name is just decals and I can remove it. The boat is not perfect but is really nice. Has a few nics and minor stress cracking, expected for a boat of this age.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/3320bs.jpg
My buddy wants it w/o the engine. What's it worth ??? I know, I know, whatever someone is willing to pay. More after what's a decent asking price ? And is this a safe and dependable hull ? He's looking at the 100 mph area with the engine he has.Thanks.