PDA

View Full Version : labor day weekend = not happening (for me at least)

loudpipessavelives
09-01-2006, 05:00 PM
i was all pumped to take the boat out this weekend and stay down at the river, i ordered a new set of bassetts from rex and everything, but just as luck would have it the river is flooding from ernesto (is that right?) and the headers didnt come in yet :cry:

DelawareDave
09-01-2006, 06:50 PM
They're talking possible 2 to 8 inches of rain this weekend here in northern Delaware.

loudpipessavelives
09-02-2006, 08:17 AM
yea i think we got 2 inches just yesterday here in harrisburg

olbiezer
09-02-2006, 12:25 PM
sorry to hear about the weather there on the east coast.......after we had katreena a year ago almost to the day i thought better u guys then us......beautifull day here so i launch the daytona up river wehre they were having a big gathering this weekend........push off the dock and hit the starter and click click click........woops i am in the current paddling to go nowhere......15 min later i get back to the dock and pack up and go home.......battery checks good.......need to change out the starter button anyway so maybe next year lol..... :) :rollside:

Havasu Carrera
09-03-2006, 01:43 PM
Buyer did not contact so now relisting!! $300cash takes them in So Cal and could deliver to Havasu or river.

sifocalpoint
09-03-2006, 06:42 PM
My weekend was also ruined. I had crab legs, lobster tails, t-bones porterhouses, ribs, and pork loins, ready for a long 3 day weekend on the Monongahala river. Huge weekend labor day party, I was looking forward too all summer - RUINED!!
Just to top it off, my biesmeyer engine has the blower and heads off analyzing some problems which occured last week. Immediately upon realizing I wouldnt have a boat for labor day weekend, I went out and purchased a brand new aquatrax r-12x honda jet ski. Guess what, its also sitting in the garage.
Ohh Well