PDA

View Full Version : Raylar Racing Engines!

Faster Daddy
09-02-2006, 12:51 AM
Proud to announce that Raylar will be racing thier HO 525 motor in our AMF/LaveyCraft sponsored former F1 boat. Team Raylar/AMF will race the remainder of the POPRA schedule Pittsburgh and Las Vegas and then plans to bring home the P5 class World Champinship in Destin Fl in November.
Raylar is a leading development company in the 496 (8.1L) engine family. Since 2001 Raylar has been producing "keep it simple" and affordable performance parts, upgrade kits, and complete replacement engines.
Raylar kits consist of special Raylar aluminum cylinder heads, intake manifolds, camshafts, rocker arm and special accessories such as cometic MLS head gaskets and ARP head bolt kits. These Raylar kits provide a complete system to allow owners of these engines to achieve incredible increases in the power, reliability and efficiency of their engine. Raylar kits contain all of the parts and pieces necessary for these enhancements without the cutting, modifying and adaptations the some competitors products require.
Raylar developed its core exchange engine products to make it smooth, seamless, and, timely for 496 – 8.1 liter engine users to change out their stock engine to a Raylar hand built “blueprinted” engine without the loss of time, messy and sometimes difficult coordination of engine overhaul and rebuilding that can occur with these engines.
Raylar selects seasoned, certified engine blocks, puts them thorough an exacting and precise methods of align honing, decking, boring and honing coupled with precision re- assembly with Raylar’s special forged Mahle pistons, rods, “alumina” bearings, high performance oil pumps and timing sets. These blocks are then fitted with oil pans, timing covers, cams, and heavy heavy duty balancers. Raylar can then install special engine kits on these blocks that are in stock, crated, and ready to ship as special HO 525 or HO 600 engines.
We look forward to putting our new HO 525 to the test on the race course. This is a motor built on the exchange program as our Mercury 496 HO made it only half a season with the abuse we gave it. :220v:
Pictures are of motor ready for delivery. Photos and updates will be posted as well as any and all engine/parts failures or repairs needed for an honest real-world product test/review.
Brian
www.raylarengine.com
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n175/revalues/Raylar525005.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n175/revalues/Raylar525001.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n175/revalues/Raylar525003.jpg[/url]

TPI
09-02-2006, 04:37 AM
That's pretty cool. Nice looking engine.

dr. margarita
09-06-2006, 02:28 PM
Good work Ray! The engine looks great. Good luck in your racing venture!

Mandelon
09-09-2006, 08:31 PM
Brian, congrats on your recent wins and boat magazine coverage. I see you are now driving the bigger boat with Kevin...nice. But I remember hearing something about "any monkey can steer"..... :p

FASTERDAMITT
09-10-2006, 08:35 PM
Engine looks great Brian (Ray). Brian, hope to see ya at Mead. :rollside:

Kilrtoy
09-11-2006, 01:15 AM
This is a joke right,
APRIL FOOLS
was back in april

Raylar
09-11-2006, 08:22 AM
Kilertoy:
I dont think this looks like a joke!!
Ray @ Raylar

Kilrtoy
09-11-2006, 01:06 PM
WOW, good for you Ray, and BEST OF LUCK. win some races
and on another note...
My buddy has been having problems with his STOCK 496, something about the pushrods. Well the shop working on it called you and you walked them thru what the problem was and now its running like a champ.
BIG THANKS for helping him out....it runs like a champ for the first time....

Eliminator 4 Life
09-11-2006, 05:26 PM
What happened in Pittsburg did you break something???

Phat Matt
09-11-2006, 08:19 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17521

INSman
09-12-2006, 07:25 AM
Look at you Matt :)

Raylar
09-12-2006, 08:07 AM
Brian had a great day Friday testing and running. Saturday the boat had an awesome time in the speed trials and then Sunday in the race had an electrical gremlin shut the Merc ECM down. Not bad considering the boat was quickly put together and only running Thurday night at 5pm. Its back now and we'll find that nasty gremlin, then its off to Las Vegas (Mead) for the OSS race on October 5th-6th. Brian says the motor runs awesome! We just have to make sure it keeps running. Welcome to racing!
Ray @ Raylar

Phat Matt
09-12-2006, 08:51 AM
Look at you Matt :)
Just trying to help. :)

Faster Daddy
09-19-2006, 10:13 PM
Brian, congrats on your recent wins and boat magazine coverage. I see you are now driving the bigger boat with Kevin...nice. But I remember hearing something about "any monkey can steer"..... :p
Thanks Richard.
"any monkey can drive" yep call me a monkey :) .............but I was wrong!
The SVL is the same bottom as my boat with the low flater deck and 2 man canopy. Driving this boat racing with the other OSS SVL teams has been a blast. There is so much competition in this class that any team can win at any race. Most races start with all boats 9-12 side by side going into the 1st turn, it doesn't get any more exciting than that!
We've been struggling in the flat water races as we don't get the testing time the guys have back east do to our traveling, but we kicked there asses in Puerto Rico in the biggest water of the year finishing 3:29 ahead of the 2nd place boat on a storm shortened (6' - 8' swells) 4 lap course!
I will be racing my boat AMF/Team Raylar in Las Vegas October 6-8 and then we plan on wooping up on those east coast boys and win the Worlds in November in Destin Fl.
I'll be doing some Catalina "testing" non-race weekends if your up for a run.

Faster Daddy
09-19-2006, 10:31 PM
What happened in Pittsburg did you break something???
SmartCraft shut me down. Several minor issues. Oil cooler had a small leak at fitting. Loose fitting probably due to relocating and removal of oil cooler during motor install. Other problem was blown fuel pump fuse. Don't know the cause or reason for the fuel pump problem, but suspect that some of the parts taken from my other engine may have suffered some corosion as the motor came back from the east coast looking pretty neglected and covered with substancial amounts of rust from improper storage.
Still had a good weekend, got to put 5 hours on the new motor breaking in and ran the fastest speeds the boat has ever seen! I'm loving the new motor, its very smooth at idle and kicks in hard about 4000 rpm which should make for a great race package where acceleration out of the turns is where you want your power.
Ray took some photos from Mission bay last weekend as we participated in the opening series for the Thunderboat races on Sunday. Hopefully he will get a chance to post some.
Ran boat for another 5-6 hours with no problems or concerns. Time to put some serious testing hours on it now to get dialed in for Worlds in Destin Fl.

u4ea32
09-28-2006, 09:52 PM
FD, I'm not as patient as you. I'm having similar frustrations with Mercruiser electricals, and I'm really just getting ready to yank all this junk out and go back to carbs, or to diesels.

Mandelon
09-30-2006, 05:58 PM
Thanks Richard.
"any monkey can drive" yep call me a monkey :) .............but I was wrong!
The SVL is the same bottom as my boat with the low flater deck and 2 man canopy. Driving this boat racing with the other OSS SVL teams has been a blast. There is so much competition in this class that any team can win at any race. Most races start with all boats 9-12 side by side going into the 1st turn, it doesn't get any more exciting than that!
We've been struggling in the flat water races as we don't get the testing time the guys have back east do to our traveling, but we kicked there asses in Puerto Rico in the biggest water of the year finishing 3:29 ahead of the 2nd place boat on a storm shortened (6' - 8' swells) 4 lap course!
I will be racing my boat AMF/Team Raylar in Las Vegas October 6-8 and then we plan on wooping up on those east coast boys and win the Worlds in November in Destin Fl.
I'll be doing some Catalina "testing" non-race weekends if your up for a run.
Say when. :idea: I read about you guys heating it up in Puerto Rico...how fun.

TCN
09-30-2006, 06:04 PM
I recently saw that boat parked out in beautiful Lakeside, CA for about a week or so. I believe the business it was at is called Nu-Tech??? It is next to JP marine.

FASTERDAMITT
10-02-2006, 02:19 PM
Faster Daddy and I took a trip to Catalina this weekend from Oceanside. Great ride. Over 100 miles round trip. I have some video footage of our boats but don't know what I'm doing when it comes to edit ect. I'll figure it out soon.

Huntingtonbeach
10-04-2006, 08:32 AM
Get on it slacker :)

FASTERDAMITT
10-04-2006, 07:19 PM
I don't know what the **** I'm doing with this camera! I had fun a that 110 mile trip though! Every time I try to burn the video to cd it says insert new blank cd??????? :cry:

INSman
10-04-2006, 09:06 PM
I don't know what the **** I'm doing with this camera! I had fun a that 110 mile trip though! Every time I try to burn the video to cd it says insert new blank cd??????? :cry:
Might need to format the blank cd first ??

FASTERDAMITT
10-05-2006, 10:26 AM
Give me some idea how format is done.

Mandelon
11-27-2006, 09:46 PM
Try a different brand of disk.