PDA

View Full Version : pulled the pump and intake/Need fiberglass advice

holorinhal
09-02-2006, 01:22 PM
I am in the proccess of swaping pumps.I have pulled the jaquzi 12wj pump from My Kona and the Berkley from My Shuster/Tahiti.The berkley is going in the Kona and eventually the Jaquzi will be put in the shuster,but for now the Kona.
I am doing a setback pump for the Berk,in the Kona. My question is of a fiberglass nature.I am going to re glass the entire intake hole and need to know will alternating layers of mat and cloth be structurally sufficient or should i use a heavier woven roven in the layers...Thank's for the help...Hal

holorinhal
09-03-2006, 09:28 AM
Anybody out there have any thought's on this?

'75 Miller
09-03-2006, 11:09 AM
Why reglass the intake hole? If I'm not mistaken the wj & berk intakes are very similar in size... aroundabout 20 1/2" x 8". I'm having MPD do essentially the same thing as you're doing; replace the wj with a setback berk. According to Jack the extent of the glass work will be to take the section of hull cut out for the setback and use it to fill the gap created in front of the intake by setting it back.
I'm sure others will chime in once they're done having a blast at the lakes/rivers....Damn I'm jealous!
Matt

Wicked Performance Boats
09-03-2006, 11:29 AM
Hal, I have the section removed from Bitchslapped. I'll donate any part of it you want. BL

loudpipessavelives
09-03-2006, 06:20 PM
I'm sure others will chime in once they're done having a blast at the lakes/rivers....Damn I'm jealous!
Matt
Me too!