PDA

View Full Version : Any one know who sunk their flat botom in Parker yesterday?

ParkerRat
09-03-2006, 02:45 PM
Didnt see the wreck but talked to few people who did. Appearently two Flat bottome type boats were racing in front of Castle Rock Saturday around 2:00 in th eafternoon and one of them caught a wave and stuffed it. The boat pretty much deintigrated and sank. From what I was told the driver "messed up his leg" but other than that was ok. Any one hear anything else about this? They raised the boat this morning and I saw it leaving Castle Rock. Not much left of it. At least it looked like the Motor and drive were pretty much in tact. hope the driver is ok.

slink
09-03-2006, 02:51 PM
What color was it? Were they from CR?

Riverkid
09-03-2006, 02:52 PM
Running on a 3 day weekend??? Maybe they were K boats? That's just nutty. :)

slink
09-03-2006, 02:54 PM
Running on a 3 day weekend??? Maybe they were K boats? That's just nutty. :)
That's what I was thinking. I know Steve (beautiful noise) is up there this weekend at CR, but I highly doubt his flattie is anywhere near the water.

Riverkid
09-03-2006, 02:57 PM
I've seen lots of swamped boats on the strip through the years, and having a little 21' you know why we are home this weekend.... :)
You working this weekend?

ParkerRat
09-03-2006, 02:59 PM
2:00 pm on labor day weekend at that! It looked like it was a yellow and orangish boat maybe? Hard to tell from what was left. Someone told me the guy driving it was staying at Rio. Like I said, this is all heresay so dont hold me to any of the details.

slink
09-03-2006, 03:02 PM
I've seen lots of swamped boats on the strip through the years, and having a little 21' you know why we are home this weekend.... :)
You working this weekend?
Got called in this morning on a rape, been here since 9am. Waiting for a call from the DA, then home to have a cold one.

Riverkid
09-03-2006, 03:03 PM
Prolly put his leg through the dash... If it wasn't a T deck, it is now... Hate to see that stuff happen.

Boatcop
09-03-2006, 04:00 PM
Driver of the boat that sank "hurt" his ankle, but refused transport and treatment.
Driver of the boat he was racing got a free trip to Needles, courtesy of the San Bernardino SO. Seems he pushed more than the tach needle over the limit.

ParkerRat
09-03-2006, 04:08 PM
Guess that explains why they were racing at 2:00 in the afternoon on Labor Day weekend

DUNDUN
09-03-2006, 04:19 PM
Prolly put his leg through the dash... If it wasn't a T deck, it is now...
OWE!

FullUp
09-03-2006, 05:38 PM
Driver of the boat he was racing got a free trip to Needles, courtesy of the San Bernardino SO. Seems he pushed more than the tach needle over the limit.
Fokers will never learn courage in a can will land you in front of the judge. Whats a OUI now $15,000. :mad:

CBadDad
09-03-2006, 05:54 PM
Driver of the boat that sank "hurt" his ankle, but refused transport and treatment.
Wow, they haul your ass all the way to Needles from Parker? I guess it's better than the morgue, but that is a long way to go to make bail.

Parker Dreamin
09-03-2006, 06:58 PM
Lucky nobody got hurt any worse.

SHOTKALLIN
09-03-2006, 07:02 PM
Fokers will never learn courage in a can will land you in front of the judge. Whats a OUI now $15,000. :mad:
Thats a nice down payment on a new boat.

Floored
09-03-2006, 09:52 PM
The sunken boat was a CP jet. There wasn't much left on the trailer today when I saw it. There might have been 50 lbs of glass parts and the engine and jet and gas tanks left, nose was gone. They recovered what they could. It was parked next to my friends place on the strip and it was hard to believe nobody got hurt worse or killed. I believe the drivers name was Danny.

Tequila-John
09-04-2006, 03:50 PM
WOW parker dreams!

Schiada76
09-04-2006, 04:13 PM
The sunken boat was a CP jet. There wasn't much left on the trailer today when I saw it. There might have been 50 lbs of glass parts and the engine and jet and gas tanks left, nose was gone. They recovered what they could. It was parked next to my friends place on the strip and it was hard to believe nobody got hurt worse or killed. I believe the drivers name was Danny.
What color was it?

Cs19
09-04-2006, 05:02 PM
Anymore info on this?
Hopefully everyone involved is okay.

Floored
09-04-2006, 05:59 PM
I believe it used to be yellow and red. Had a tunnel ram alum head BBC in it. Black gas tanks, yellow steering wheel(bent), N2O bottle, not much else left. Owner has a white lifted 4x. Was staying at Rio.

disco_charger
09-04-2006, 07:24 PM
Hey Floored, you still have that Biesmeyer jet?

HaulinAss
09-05-2006, 02:10 PM
Is this Big River? If it is Ill say this,that is NO PLACE for Small Jet or V-drive Boat.I thought I was going to lose my boat if not my LIFE when I was out there on Memorial DayWeeknd.I thought I was in the frikkin Deep Blue Sea.And people out there have no regards for other boaters just themselves.Maybe this is why I stick to mellow lakes such as CFW,Modesto Res or WILL NOT go to a popular lake on a big holiday weeknd.
Anyhow this sucks that it happened.But it could easily be prevented.Hell I have a boat that the rangers/sherrifs love to fukk,but they can do that all they want if it prevented accidents,etc..... I think the boating laws and regulations need to be ENFORCED 95% more than they are now and we wouldnt be reading about all these fukked up wrecks.But it doesnt matter really what I say people are still gonna be out there like fukkin idiots making it shitty for everyone else.................

Floored
09-05-2006, 04:44 PM
Yes I still have the Bieser. No way I would have gone out in it on Sunday at Parker.

socalmoney
09-05-2006, 06:19 PM
No pictuers? I thought everyone had at least a camera phone. I always have my Canon 5D with me.

XtrmWakeborder
09-05-2006, 08:57 PM
When did he get picked up? I heard he had his boat in the lagoon and an hour later the cops showed up to take him away.....

disco_charger
09-05-2006, 10:06 PM
Yes I still have the Bieser. No way I would have gone out in it on Sunday at Parker.
I was in a Bieser Jet out at Needles before Labor Day weekend, you went right by when we were floating. I waved, no wave back. What's up, mine wasn't clean enough? ;) :)

QuickJet
09-05-2006, 11:27 PM
Is this Big River? If it is Ill say this,that is NO PLACE for Small Jet or V-drive Boat.I thought I was going to lose my boat if not my LIFE when I was out there on Memorial DayWeeknd.I thought I was in the frikkin Deep Blue Sea.And people out there have no regards for other boaters just themselves.Maybe this is why I stick to mellow lakes such as CFW,Modesto Res or WILL NOT go to a popular lake on a big holiday weeknd.
Anyhow this sucks that it happened.But it could easily be prevented.Hell I have a boat that the rangers/sherrifs love to fukk,but they can do that all they want if it prevented accidents,etc..... I think the boating laws and regulations need to be ENFORCED 95% more than they are now and we wouldnt be reading about all these fukked up wrecks.But it doesnt matter really what I say people are still gonna be out there like fukkin idiots making it shitty for everyone else.................
Matt, you were at Red Rock on Memorial and not Big River. Big River that weekend actually wasn't that bad. It was bad, but not like Red Rock was. I agree though, absolutely NOTHING compares to CFW. That's the only thing that sucks about So Cal, CFW is 10 hours away!!!!

MudPumper
09-06-2006, 05:51 AM
Matt, you were at Red Rock on Memorial and not Big River. Big River that weekend actually wasn't that bad. It was bad, but not like Red Rock was. I agree though, absolutely NOTHING compares to CFW. That's the only thing that sucks about So Cal, CFW is 10 hours away!!!!
I was thinking the same thing. I have been to Big River on every Holliday weekend and it's never bad, that's why we go there. Uhm..I mean....Yeah, Big River is an Ocean. Even on off weekends, you shouldn't go there, the water is rough, shallow, lots of rock bars and lake lice. :crossx:

QuickJet
09-06-2006, 08:21 AM
I was thinking the same thing. I have been to Big River on every Holliday weekend and it's never bad, that's why we go there. Uhm..I mean....Yeah, Big River is an Ocean. Even on off weekends, you shouldn't go there, the water is rough, shallow, lots of rock bars and lake lice. :crossx:
Ha ha ha ;) Exactly!

LOWRIVER2
09-06-2006, 09:45 AM
The sunk CP was the old Fatal Attraction boat that used to run NJBA

Cs19
09-06-2006, 09:34 PM
The sunk CP was the old Fatal Attraction boat that used to run NJBA
Thats what I thought when he said black tanks,yellow wheel and a nos bottle. I know Lance just sold the boat recently, what a bummer.That boat was a light one and it had potential but the gel was outdated a bit.

HaulinAss
09-06-2006, 11:20 PM
Matt, you were at Red Rock on Memorial and not Big River. Big River that weekend actually wasn't that bad. It was bad, but not like Red Rock was. I agree though, absolutely NOTHING compares to CFW. That's the only thing that sucks about So Cal, CFW is 10 hours away!!!!yeah well wherever we were it sucked is all I have to say bout that! yes NOTHING will EVER compare to CFW.Ive found a few other kewl lakes but still doesnt compare.Lets go fukker there is PLENTY of good weather left up this way :cool: