PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever drop their ipod in the water?

ryantparks
09-04-2006, 09:23 AM
My wifes dropped it the cooler and it will not work. It has been sitting for a week and half. When its turned on it displays an unhappy face and the apple website says something about the harddrive not recognizing the songs.
I bought it a circuit city about 2 months ago and Im wondering if they will take it back or will they know there is water damage? There are no signs of any water whatsoever but a buddy says that it might have a sticker on the inside that turns pink when it gets wet. Any suggestions besides buying a new 1.

Caribbean Jet
09-04-2006, 09:25 AM
No, but I've left mine in a hot car and I know that the hot car killed it.

frdvschvy
09-04-2006, 09:29 AM
Electronics and water don't mix very well. Time to go buy a new one unfortunately.

Nord
09-04-2006, 09:32 AM
You could always bring it back and say it just quit working..........if you don't mind fibbing ;)
Have you tried to reset it??
~NORD~

Trailer Park Casanova
09-04-2006, 09:33 AM
Electronics and water don't mix very well. Time to go buy a new one unfortunately.
Yea that's the truth, and consider buying at the ipod store with insurance/guarantee.
It covers everything including the expensive, proprietary battery replacement.
But try this method on your iPOD first:
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61705

shueman
09-04-2006, 11:18 AM
Yea that's the truth, and consider buying at the ipod store with insurance/guarantee.
It covers everything including the expensive, proprietary battery replacement.
But try this method on your iPOD first:
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61705
The ins. is the only way to go......my teen boy's gone through two already.... :rolleyes

burtandnancy
09-04-2006, 03:41 PM
frdvschvy (is that like Roush vs DEI?) FYI, nearly all things electronic are rinsed in pure water (pure as in RO, DI or polished). This water has resistance rather than conductance, has no impurities or dissolved solids; it is H2O. Had a friend drop his cell phone into the water at Willow Beach, and after it was retrieved and dried out, it worked perfectly. Don't know why that water is so pure, but do understand why its so cold...