PDA

View Full Version : Havasu Foothill Estates

Not So Fast
09-04-2006, 09:32 AM
The wife finally talked me into visiting the one lonely model for this developement at McCulloch & Cherry Tree. I thought after reading you could buy there for $300,000 I'd take a look. WOWZER, talk about misleading info, about the least expensive house and lot comes out close to $500k. The model which was nice I guess (not our taste) had a smallish garage and over $130,000 in upgrades (no pool either) and would be about $687,000 on the cheapest lot. FYI, the most pricey lot was $475,000, although a lot have been sold already so maybe there is one that costs more?? All in all it looks like a very upscale developement to me and you better be ready to spend somewhere around $750,000 to buy there. And it is along way up the hill. Point being $300k aint gonna happen. :confused: JMO. NSF

djunkie
09-04-2006, 09:42 AM
You know the saying........ "If it looks too good to be true, it probably is"

Not So Fast
09-04-2006, 09:59 AM
You know the saying........ "If it looks too good to be true, it probably is"
YUP, you're right but had to go look :cool: NSF

Chipster27
09-04-2006, 11:04 AM
The other issue they might not have covered is you have to use their "approved" builder and you have to develp the lot in something like 2 years.
I'm just wondering if the time is right for that area. I think as the market slows the price of lots may adjust a little, but as tradesmen are looking for work you should be able to build the a house for less $$ per sq ft.

SummitKarl
09-04-2006, 12:13 PM
yea I didn't see the "Cherry Tree" thing happening, this whole town has been built on the "custom" basis, that's why Havasu looks like it does, most of the town is not a "TRACT" style development, and unless your a builder or R/E agent your not going to notice all the "Repeats" because they are all spread out through the city.
Summit Homes has tried the "Gated Community" thing here and they are a HARD sell at best, because you can still put one of our same models on YOUR lot for about 60k less, as the builder you have to pass on the cost of developing the land. streets/sewer/elec/walls....etc.
splitting up lots and putting a street or two in is one thing, but a planned development is another (lots of city requirements come into play) and just doesn't fit into the Havasu norm.
I will be doing a split of 4 lots into 12 next year but there will be no HOA, just regular lots and we have to put in one common street that's only 225' long, so it's a no brainer with minimal costs to pass on.
I don't see the TRACT/HOA thing ever really getting any sort of foot hold in Havasu. and I tend to stay clear of projects like Foothill Estates

franky
09-04-2006, 12:21 PM
I will be doing a split of 4 lots into 12 next year but there will be no HOA, just regular lots and we have to put in one common street that's only 225' long, so it's a no brainer with minimal costs to pass on.
I don't see the TRACT/HOA thing ever really getting any sort of foot hold in Havasu. and I tend to stay clear of projects like Foothill Estates
Are these your lots?
Qual Ridge (gated), Sunlake Village, and Cantebury Estates (gated) are TRACT/HOA developments that have sold out and Sailing Hawk, Glenn Eagles and Foothill Estates are all doing just fine.

Havasu_Dreamin
09-04-2006, 01:04 PM
My biggest problem with that development is that, unless things have changed, there is only one way in and one way out. When the development was first announced there was something mentioned a bout a Bullhead Parkway type of bypass from the South to the North end of town that would feed the new development but I have not heard anything else about it. I'd like to know what they are going to do as McCulloch and Cherry Tree are about two blocks from our house.....

Warlockjer
09-04-2006, 01:48 PM
So when ya moving Bobby??? :) :)

Not So Fast
09-04-2006, 02:49 PM
Happy right here Jerry, and it's all paid for :cool: Check your PM's NSF

Jyruiz
09-04-2006, 05:50 PM
Bobby is all hooked up where he is at, no way I would move.

franky
09-04-2006, 06:10 PM
My biggest problem with that development is that, unless things have changed, there is only one way in and one way out. When the development was first announced there was something mentioned a bout a Bullhead Parkway type of bypass from the South to the North end of town that would feed the new development but I have not heard anything else about it. I'd like to know what they are going to do as McCulloch and Cherry Tree are about two blocks from our house.....
Where are you at? I am just finishing a house on Black Hill.

shueman
09-04-2006, 06:42 PM
The other issue they might not have covered is you have to use their "approved" builder and you have to develp the lot in something like 2 years.
I'm just wondering if the time is right for that area. I think as the market slows the price of lots may adjust a little, but as tradesmen are looking for work you should be able to build the a house for less $$ per sq ft.
I would tend to agree...much better value in customs closer to the lake IMO....

4DAY4PLAY
09-04-2006, 06:49 PM
Ask any real estate agent, property (for sure vacant land) will be worth 25% less one year from now in havasu.

INSman
09-04-2006, 09:45 PM
Ask any real estate agent, property (for sure vacant land) will be worth 25% less one year from now in havasu.
That's a big negative Ghostrider. Where might you be pulling this magical 25% figure from if you don't mind me asking ??!!?? :220v:

franky
09-05-2006, 05:02 AM
My wife IS a Realtor and VP of the Havasu Association of Realtors, a Director on the Regional Board (formerly known as the MLS) and she and everyone in the industry I know says you are ABSOLUTELY WRONG. Where ther hell are you coming from?
However, those properties that are overpriced to begin with will correct some. The market will level off for a while while Cali folks figure out the mortgage fiasco they got themselves into.

Not So Fast
09-05-2006, 07:02 AM
Bobby is all hooked up where he is at, no way I would move.
Thanks Juan, and we are staying put unless this city drives us to the poor house with the sewer bills and other C.O.L increases weve had in the last couple of years :frown: NSF

Havasu_Dreamin
09-05-2006, 07:06 AM
Where are you at? I am just finishing a house on Black Hill.
Closest 'intersection' is Tarpon and Yonder.

Havasu_Dreamin
09-05-2006, 07:07 AM
Thanks Juan, and we are staying put unless this city drives us to the poor house with the sewer bills and other C.O.L increases weve had in the last couple of years :frown: NSF
What is your sewer bill looking like, if you don't mind me asking? We're still not supposed to get it until 2010.

Not So Fast
09-05-2006, 07:42 AM
What is your sewer bill looking like, if you don't mind me asking? We're still not supposed to get it until 2010.
The hook up fee was $2000 which was priced right (seeing how I was in the pipeline biz before retiring) and the base charge (minimum) for the sewer was about $23 and then a formula that charged you for anything over the base charge useage. The base chrge (For sewer) looks to have gone up about 40% or more and the bill breaks down like this
base water-$4.50
water-$23.43
sewer-$55.08
trash-$13.67
tax-$2.19
Total-$98.87
Prior bill was $80.31 and i used more water that month also??? I know its not a tremendous amount but they just keep raising everything so who knows where it will stop. :frown: NSF

phebus
09-05-2006, 07:48 AM
I would stage a silent protest, and stop shitting for a month! :rollside:

Jyruiz
09-05-2006, 08:19 AM
Lol. :) :rollside:

Not So Fast
09-05-2006, 08:43 AM
Knowing you,you probably could :D NSF

Havasu_Dreamin
09-05-2006, 08:57 AM
The hook up fee was $2000 which was priced right (seeing how I was in the pipeline biz before retiring) and the base charge (minimum) for the sewer was about $23 and then a formula that charged you for anything over the base charge useage. The base chrge (For sewer) looks to have gone up about 40% or more and the bill breaks down like this
base water-$4.50
water-$23.43
sewer-$55.08
trash-$13.67
tax-$2.19
Total-$98.87
Prior bill was $80.31 and i used more water that month also??? I know its not a tremendous amount but they just keep raising everything so who knows where it will stop. :frown: NSF
Hmmmmm. Wonder what the fees will be like once we get the sewer.....

SoCalOffshore
09-05-2006, 09:20 AM
seems high for a lot. I have one for sell in the Refuge on the golf course and river view for $239,900.