PDA

View Full Version : Sleep # beds????

thumbs
09-04-2006, 02:38 PM
Does anyone have one? I'm about to drop $2800 on one and want to know if you like them and how long have you have had it.

Not So Fast
09-04-2006, 02:45 PM
Does anyone have one? I'm about to drop $2800 on one and want to know if you like them and how long have you have had it.
Neighbor looked at them and wound up going with Bear Beds for about 1/2 the price, same thing only no numbers to go by, only difference. They swear by it!! Next mattress will be Bear Beds for me also. Doesnt hurt to look, go to www.bearbeds.com. NSF

jxr02
09-04-2006, 03:07 PM
I get them at hotels quite a bit. I dont think they are any better than a regular bed. I guess Im just not picky enough. I would take one of the pillow tops at Marriotte any day.

Thorsinc
09-04-2006, 03:10 PM
Go with the Tempur –Pedic. 10” mattress or better

EXTRMBT
09-04-2006, 03:30 PM
We have the 7000 and will never own a regular bed again. We both sleep 1000% better than we did on our old bed. Well worth the $. PM me if you want more info.

marty722
09-04-2006, 04:16 PM
one king in the bedroom and one queen in the RV. If you shop and will and deal you can get a killer price on the internet.... I love mine. I hate to get out of bed in the morning.... I also have a bad back and it really helps.... Comfortaire is my choice and the service is great.....

smasher 5000
09-04-2006, 05:17 PM
My inlaws got one theyy love it! My motheinlaw has a friggen sleep zipcode LOL! :crossx:

gnRacer98
09-04-2006, 07:29 PM
Been shopping myself and found these reviews:
http://www99.epinions.com/Select_Comfort_Mattress_Sleep_Number_5000
Appears to be 50/50, people either love or hate them? Mattresses seem to be a highly personal choice and everyone is different.
I found a pillowtop mattress that suits me fine for 1/2 the price. Good Luck.

Devil's Advocate
09-04-2006, 07:31 PM
I was curious about them before myself. But I opted to get a nice Kings Down. I'm very happy with it.

Caribbean Jet
09-04-2006, 07:43 PM
My wife and I bought the Sleep number 9000. I thought that she was carzy until that first night sleep. Wow, I will never own a different bed.

thumbs
09-04-2006, 07:57 PM
I have had the top of the line pillow tops and they are great but after 10 years they are done. Julie and I can't agree on what traditional beds are comfortable so the air beds are a good choice for us.
The Bearbed does not appear to be near the same quality as Select Comfort or the Comfortaire and it doesn't look like there is a showroom to go check them out at. The Comfortaire looks nice but I don't think it has the dual control. I'm a 65 and she is a 40....lol
Thanks for the replies.
BTW - They have a bed called the "Grand King" and it's 80"x98". I have a rather larger master bedroom but holy cow!

Cole Sanger
09-04-2006, 09:29 PM
Go with the Tempur –Pedic. 10” mattress or better
These Tempur-Pedic are the best. I have had a bad back for years. I can honestly say that every morning when I wake up that I feel so much better. I used to have a double pillow top before this. What sold me on it initally was when the salesman explained the circulation stuff to me. Do you know how you usually have to sleep with a sheet on your feet? The reason is because the circulation is not getting to your feet. With the Tempur-Pedic, it adjusts to your body and your feet do get the circulation. Go to the store and lay on one of these before you purchase. I bought mine a few years ago when they were just starting to sell them in stores. They have really dropped in price.

Blacksheep
09-05-2006, 02:50 AM
I've had the top pillow top for 5 years now in the California King and my wife and I love it. My parents tried mine after we got ours and now they have one as well. Like others my wife and I could not agree on a mattress. She likes the softer mattresses and I like the more firm ones.
I've had a bad back for a long time and I can honestly say that I have rarely woken up in the mornings and have back problems the way I did with a regular mattress. And the few times it has happened, I can adjust the bed to suit my back and it tends to heal quicker. We like the flexibility to make the bed softer or firmer.

Tom Brown
09-05-2006, 06:41 AM
Rexone has his sleep number bed set to 0.

thumbs
09-05-2006, 08:21 AM
Rexone has his sleep number bed set to 0.
Thanks for the helpful input.

Hallett Bill
09-05-2006, 08:27 AM
most radisson hotels have the sleep number beds. Give it a test ride before you spend the big bucks. I wouldnt buy one, but I know others that love them.

eek-a-RAT
09-05-2006, 08:39 AM
i had a 7000, i sold it for the price i bought it for. I was very comfy & slept well, but it doesnt ventilate like a conventional mattress. i always sweated my ass off in the thing. every single night! it had @ least 6inches of pillow top on it before you got to the airbag. matress would be wet where my body was layin & the top comforter would be dry & i was cold as sheit!, no i didnt piss in bed nor a wet dream! lol! i would definetly take it for a test drive first. just remember they do have a 60-90 test ride. try it out for yourself. nobody else expierence this?

Ziggy
09-05-2006, 01:11 PM
Just bought a new Serta (summerhill and somethingorother) thru Ortho on Friday.
We opted against the sleep number after reading all the reviews, especially those that said its air chambers make noise when rolling.
This new Serta had a retail price of nearly 3k, but after the sale discounts, us playing the game and being past closing time we were able to get it for 1599, free delivery/setup the next day..