PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! I broke down on the lake today.

killerbeez
09-04-2006, 04:45 PM
I broke the pump out on the lake today and need advise.I am a new boat owner and I had my wife and kids out on the boat for about 5 min before my major malfunction.I have a panther jet pump and one of the pieces of metal from the intake grate had busted off and ran through the pump causing a huge crack across the top right before the bowl.I need some recommendations on people who do pump work in the So.Cal. area.I know I will probably have to replace it.Thanks guys,this is an awsome forum. :cry:

Cs19
09-04-2006, 05:08 PM
I heard there is some guy that does quality repairs on Panthers in the OC area, not sure how many of the other jet shops are willing to do repairs on Panthers, maybe someone here has the Panther guys number, if not I can get it for you later this week.I think I remember hearing he has an automotive repair shop but knows Panthers better than anyone.Put a call into some local shops and you might get some answers.

Jim Brock
09-04-2006, 10:04 PM
i have a panther pump, that i blue printed about 3 seasons on it, $500.00, Jim 818-890-1867

doneman66
09-05-2006, 02:16 PM
pantherjet com
Phone (541)836-7641
i have a hard time getting on pantherjet website via internet explorer
i always have to use mozilla firefox to get into the pantherjet website
anyways that's the number

AZKC
09-05-2006, 04:40 PM
I heard there is some guy that does quality repairs on Panthers in the OC area, not sure how many of the other jet shops are willing to do repairs on Panthers, maybe someone here has the Panther guys number, if not I can get it for you later this week.I think I remember hearing he has an automotive repair shop but knows Panthers better than anyone.Put a call into some local shops and you might get some answers.
Say hi to Jim @ Performance Jet. He did my Panther :)
http://www.performancejet.com/images/home1.jpg
Click Here for Web Site (http://www.performancejet.com/)

centerhill condor
09-05-2006, 04:52 PM
how 'bout some pics...I'll be surprised if you don't replace the panther.

jimthetoolman
09-05-2006, 08:40 PM
I have an extra impeller if you need one. I will also throw in a housing.

killerbeez
09-06-2006, 03:14 AM
I am not sure as to what damage is done yet but I am scheduled to take it into the shop this monday.Thank you guys for the offers and I will keep you updated on the situation as I find out.I will try to take a pick of the crack and upload it later.