PDA

View Full Version : River Trip from Hell

RitcheyRch
09-04-2006, 05:04 PM
Well, we went to the river on Sat morning and hoped to have a few days on the water before coming home and going back to the daily grind of work.
We left the house on Sat morning about 5AM and were on the water by 10AM. We hung out in Goose Flats (Blythe) until about 2PM.
About 3PM stared having severe pains in my lower stomach. At first thought was a huge gas bubble. The pain subsided later that night but at 3AM it got real bad to where my gf took me to the Palo Verde Hospital. They ran blood tests and did a CT scan on me and determined that I had a kidney stone and bladder infection.
They gave me all kinds of pain killers (morphine & torredol) to make me feel better. The pain killers worked well but can say I dont like the side effects of vomitting for hours.
I also must say that the staff at the Palo Verde Hospital were top notch and treated me extremely well. The hospital was actually very nice for a small town.
We ended up leaving the area on Sunday morning (after left hospital) to head home. Didnt want to take any chances of going on the water with the pain killers in my system and also with not knowing if would have any more pains.

Havasu1986
09-04-2006, 05:09 PM
They say passing a kidney stone is like having a baby. I almost had to cancel my 3 week trip to Europe when I had them.

RitcheyRch
09-04-2006, 05:11 PM
Definitely hasnt been a good weekend thats for sure.

squirt'nmyload
09-04-2006, 05:13 PM
sorry to hear.....at least you got a few hours out therehttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/icon_puke_r.gif

Riverkid
09-04-2006, 05:19 PM
Had one kinda like that once. G-friend had the pains. We are at BML and she wakes me up around 2AMish with it. On sat morning of a 3 day weekend. I hustle her into the old truck. Totally miss the open camper shell window when I'm sliding her in the back, cut the shiat out of my eyebrow... Nice. Haul ass for Parker.
Get her into Parker, the doc does his thing and says no sun, stay medicated, hydrated etc. While she's getting her deal done, two paramedics see me bleeding like crazy in the waiting room and hook me up with some stitches...
14 in the eyebrow. Nice weekend. Give and take I guess. :crossx: Make enough trips and everyone gets one of these.

RitcheyRch
09-04-2006, 05:36 PM
True, did get a few enjoyable hours on the water.
sorry to hear.....at least you got a few hours out therehttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/icon_puke_r.gif

doesitfloat?
09-04-2006, 05:48 PM
Well, we went to the river on Sat morning and hoped to have a few days on the water before coming home and going back to the daily grind of work.
We left the house on Sat morning about 5AM and were on the water by 10AM. We hung out in Goose Flats (Blythe) until about 2PM.
About 3PM stared having severe pains in my lower stomach. At first thought was a huge gas bubble. The pain subsided later that night but at 3AM it got real bad to where my gf took me to the Palo Verde Hospital. They ran blood tests and did a CT scan on me and determined that I had a kidney stone and bladder infection.
They gave me all kinds of pain killers (morphine & torredol) to make me feel better. The pain killers worked well but can say I dont like the side effects of vomitting for hours.
I also must say that the staff at the Palo Verde Hospital were top notch and treated me extremely well. The hospital was actually very nice for a small town.
We ended up leaving the area on Sunday morning (after left hospital) to head home. Didnt want to take any chances of going on the water with the pain killers in my system and also with not knowing if would have any more pains.
Been there...nothing scarier than being doubled over in pain for hours then taking a piss and seeing a bowl full of blood. I was 17 and almost had a heart attack when I saw the blood. Mine happened from a hit at football practice. I haven't had one since (20 years). Did you have any impacts to your side?

RitcheyRch
09-04-2006, 05:50 PM
I didnt see any blood in my urine but there was some in the urine test.
I didnt have any impact to my side.
Been there...nothing scarier than being doubled over in pain for hours then taking a piss and seeing a bowl full of blood. I was 17 and almost had a heart attack when I saw the blood. Mine happened from a hit at football practice. I haven't had one since (20 years). Did you have any impacts to your side?

Trailer Park Casanova
09-04-2006, 07:08 PM
I wouldnt wish that on anyone Rich, glad to read you're ok and it wasnt you appendix.
Now start planing another trip before the hot weather breaks.

Throttle
09-04-2006, 07:11 PM
sorry to hear bout the trip, hope you get to feelin better soon...

RitcheyRch
09-04-2006, 07:54 PM
Thanks. We were worried it might be my appendix as well. The nurse knew immediately from my symptoms that it was kidney stones. There was actually another person in the hospital with the same outcome.
I wouldnt wish that on anyone Rich, glad to read you're ok and it wasnt you appendix.
Now start planing another trip before the hot weather breaks.
Thanks. Starting to feel better now. Thankfully the pain killers are out of my system so no more nausea and vomitting. Am finally able to eat something.
sorry to hear bout the trip, hope you get to feelin better soon...

Trailer Park Casanova
09-04-2006, 08:02 PM
Did they give you a paint strainer to pee through to catch the rock?
They'll then analyze the rock to tell you what may have caused it.
Mine was sweet and low consumtion and sitting in jacuzzis.

jbone
09-05-2006, 04:27 AM
I passed one once.
I was at work and felt the undescribable pain in my right lower back. I was only 5 mins from a hospital, so I drove myself while on the phone with 911 in case I passed out. Yes the pain was that bad. At the hospital there was no parking up close, so I had to park across the street.
Once in the hospital, they knew exactly what it was. After 15 mins in the er, I pissed out a sesame seed sized stone. Once out, I just felt like I took a good punch to the kidney.
I went back to work and finished the shift.
Scary thing is I didn't know where the pain was coming from, I thought I was going to need some kind of emergency surgery.
J

ratso
09-05-2006, 04:39 AM
They say passing a kidney stone is like having a baby. I almost had to cancel my 3 week trip to Europe when I had them.
Okay... if having babies is so gawdawful painful, why do so many chicks have more than one? Heck, I have an aunt that had 12!!! That gotta be one busted up cooch there! :idea:

RitcheyRch
09-05-2006, 04:49 AM
They didnt give me a paint strainer. They did say it was 3mm.
Did they give you a paint strainer to pee through to catch the rock?
They'll then analyze the rock to tell you what may have caused it.
Mine was sweet and low consumtion and sitting in jacuzzis.

RitcheyRch
09-05-2006, 04:51 AM
Same area I am having my pain. Thankfully my gf took me to the hospital as dont think I could have driven myself and we were only a few miles from there.
I passed one once.
I was at work and felt the undescribable pain in my right lower back. I was only 5 mins from a hospital, so I drove myself while on the phone with 911 in case I passed out. Yes the pain was that bad. At the hospital there was no parking up close, so I had to park across the street.
Once in the hospital, they knew exactly what it was. After 15 mins in the er, I pissed out a sesame seed sized stone. Once out, I just felt like I took a good punch to the kidney.
I went back to work and finished the shift.
Scary thing is I didn't know where the pain was coming from, I thought I was going to need some kind of emergency surgery.
J

ratso
09-05-2006, 04:52 AM
3mm :2purples:

RitcheyRch
09-05-2006, 05:02 AM
Hoping they meant length and not diameter....LMAO
3mm :2purples: