PDA

View Full Version : Hiring new employees

doesitfloat?
09-04-2006, 06:00 PM
I am hiring another employee (taking apps right now) and want to know what the best way is to do back ground checks, drug tests, etc.
This is for a construction project manager and/or superintendent position. My previous hires haven't required this scrutiny but I need to check my employees a little closer these days. I have no idea (other than some web site services) how to do this efficiently.
Any other suggestions for "checks" would also be appreciated.

Boa1277
09-04-2006, 06:51 PM
I use a company called Securitech, I believe they are nationwide, they will do it all background, driving, and they also will keep a running tab on your employees, so if any recent warrants go into effect they notify you. Good Luck.

doesitfloat?
09-04-2006, 07:06 PM
I use a company called Securitech, I believe they are nationwide, they will do it all background, driving, and they also will keep a running tab on your employees, so if any recent warrants go into effect they notify you. Good Luck.
Thanks BOA!

doesitfloat?
09-05-2006, 05:53 AM
The only Securitech's that I could find were alarm companies.
Anyone else?

Cheyenne372
09-06-2006, 03:52 AM
Here in Texas, you can log onto the Department of Public Safety (Highway Patrol) website and for $3.00 per search, check their arrest record with only a name and drivers license number.
It has been very helpful for me in finding out what they have on their record.

JOHNNYBEGOOD
09-06-2006, 04:05 AM
We use:
ChoicePoint WorkPlace Solutions Inc.
Consumer Disclosure Center
P.O. Box 105292
Alants, GA. 30348
1-800-845-6004
They are nationwide.

YeLLowBoaT
09-06-2006, 04:05 AM
I have used "life scan"(Did some work for a school) in the past. Its the same back ground check used by schools. Its not cheap( ~$100). That combind with a "hair" and credit check you can't go wrong.
Just make sure you get the applacant to sign something that its ok to do all the checks. You can do that b4 you offer them a job. My ins/bonding company has a service that I use 99.9% of the time... I have a addy and phone number some where. I really don't even bother unless I know For sure I am going to hire some 1.

socalmoney
09-06-2006, 05:58 AM
Don't forget to check his or her legal status.
http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/services/SAVE.htm#two