PDA

View Full Version : Worlds Fastest Indian

Not So Fast
09-05-2006, 07:48 AM
Just watched this movie and if you want to see a "feel good" movie this is one you dont want to miss. True story of man & machine, and Anthony Hopkins is FANTASTIC. NSF

Big Kahunaa
09-05-2006, 07:57 AM
good movie and i looked in my scta rule and record book and he was in there

RitcheyRch
09-05-2006, 08:04 AM
Never saw the movie but heard was very good.

slotracer
09-05-2006, 08:05 AM
great show :rollside:

n8dawg
09-05-2006, 08:08 AM
great movie!!

meaniam
09-05-2006, 09:35 AM
Just watched this movie and if you want to see a "feel good" movie this is one you dont want to miss. True story of man & machine, and Anthony Hopkins is FANTASTIC. NSF
i would second that. the movie is pretty good. it is a mellow movie. a story about an old guy from aust. bring his bike to the salt flats to try for the world record. there is alot more to this movie. but if i told you what would be the purpose of watching it.

09-05-2006, 09:42 AM
Just watched it last nite, one of the best movies I've seen in a very long time. The DVD had the documentary from 1971 also. Featured the real Burt Munro. Hopkins was outstanding in the roll.

cola
09-05-2006, 09:56 AM
A good movie for the women in your life, kind of a look at what plagues us men and our machines. " SPEED "
Late. Mike

NoCal NoBoat
09-05-2006, 10:03 AM
Another enthusiatic "thumbs up".
There's been many "road trip" movies. But none like Burt Munro's road trip.
The destination is loud, exciting, and heartwarming, but the journey is quiet, sweet, and much of the fun. I think Burt ran into every "character" between NZ and UT..

Tom Slick
09-05-2006, 10:58 AM
Absolutely one of my favorite movies, as the story line (based on true story) is fantastic and as a land speed junkie, I can say it was truly awesome to see such a well put together film. And many props to Sir Anthony Hopkins for taking on this roll, being that he most likely received little or no compensation. Hopkins also stared in a movie from the 1960's called "Across the Lake" which was about the late Donald Campbell and his water speed record setting adventures. I never saw "Across the Lake" and would love to find a copy if anyone has one. Supposedly someone owns the rights to the film and won't release it.

robk
09-05-2006, 12:01 PM
I somehow ended up watching the documentary first, and thought it was great how they were able to work so many of the documentary scenes into the movie so seamlessly. Great movie.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
09-05-2006, 02:42 PM
I agree. It was wonderful. One of my all-time favorites.