PDA

View Full Version : pvc help!

jetboat
09-05-2006, 07:57 AM
qustion! can a breather on the valve cover with adpters going to the carb. be used in place of the pvc valve?or does the little flapper in the pvc valve make the differance?

FASTRAT
09-05-2006, 11:30 AM
qustion! can a breather on the valve cover with adpters going to the carb. be used in place of the pvc valve?or does the little flapper in the pvc valve make the differance?
do away with the pvc valve all together & run one breather on each valve cover...thats the way most people run there set-up
fastrat

QuickJet
09-05-2006, 11:41 AM
It's PCV (posative crankcase ventalation). NOT PVC! PVC is piping widely used in the plumbing trade. Mainly gardening irrigation. :D Ha ha I'm just being a dick.
If you are looking for a way to create a vacum in the pan you can also install a "pan evac' system. The system hooks up to the exhaust and will create a posative ventalation without pumping it through the engine.

jetboat
09-05-2006, 01:21 PM
It's PCV (posative crankcase ventalation). NOT PVC! PVC is piping widely used in the plumbing trade. Mainly gardening irrigation. :D Ha ha I'm just being a dick.
If you are looking for a way to create a vacum in the pan you can also install a "pan evac' system. The system hooks up to the exhaust and will create a posative ventalation without pumping it through the engine.
opps,i know,bad spellling.what if i have logs vs headers?

QuickJet
09-05-2006, 01:48 PM
opps,i know,bad spellling.what if i have logs vs headers?
If that's the case then you can run the PCV system. I would however run a filtration or catch system between the valve cover and the intake to catch any "wet" vapors. Moroso sells a neat setup that works really well.