PDA

View Full Version : HBJet

MudPumper
09-05-2006, 10:03 AM
Did you make it out for the weekend? What's the verdict??

HBjet
09-05-2006, 01:14 PM
Thanks to everyone that helped me out, I made it to the river... still with a few things to do which Cyclone raced to get ready as we pulled up at 11:30am Saturday morning. Once on the water, she ran great and we drove down to the CP deal all the way from Big River. What a great drive. Stopped at Lost Lake for some more fuel, but decided not to stop on the way back. It was such a trip to be driving this boat because of the history with it. It was really cool to cruise the lower river too as thats where I grew up between Lost Lake and Aha. We were pretty late getting to the cp event, but there were some nice boats and it was great to see them all together. I guess the odds were against me as some people didn't think I would make it. I'm glad I did, just wish I got there sooner. Sunday I took some passes in the boat and man is it quick. Certainly quicker and faster then the old boat. Not by much, put its moving and there were a few runs that felt (and I was told looked) like 100mph passes, but I didn't have a GPS so who knows. Either way I love the boat and it handled great. No setup at all on the pump hardware and this boat leaves better then my Liberty. So I'm happy about that.
I'm going to take some day trips to the lake just so I can drive it again. Let me know when you can go, and maybe we can get Hustler out there too.
HBjet

Nucking futs
09-05-2006, 03:22 PM
Randy, I watched that last pass you did sunday night before you went to the trailer from up on the hill @ BR Inn and it looked stout. Sounded real good too. Boat looks awesome.

MudPumper
09-05-2006, 04:06 PM
Glad you got it together and runnin, Randy. One of these days we'll make it back out together and have some coldies, sandwiches and nuggets. lol :crossx:

Squirtcha?
09-05-2006, 04:14 PM
Sorry to have missed you at Party Cove Randy. We were going up river and you were headed down river at the train bridge. Boat looks awesome. I'm anxious to hear/see how she does when everything's all dialed in.
Dan

shaun
09-05-2006, 04:52 PM
Just curious, what kind of internals you running in your boat and how much power you think your making?

TRG
09-05-2006, 05:50 PM
Congrats Randy! even though you and i have this vendetta as to whos boat is a better running boat???...im not gonna take this from you....i am trully stokked you have the boat of your dreams! and to you i say,....lets gett'em up! LOL
ENJOY!
P.S. Call me!
Todd

victorfb
09-05-2006, 10:46 PM
way to go randy. sounds like your a happy man. cant wait to see it run in person. congrats man. :cool:

HBjet
09-05-2006, 11:02 PM
Thanks everyone... it really is a sweet boat. I have my old motor and pump from the Liberty which is a 496ci which made 730hp with the old smaller cam that was an hydrolic roller. I have a mech. roller in there now. The motor rips as hard as it did the day I got it and she is a runner. The pump is a Berk JC converted to JG with stainless Berk B impeller and inducer. I have a droop on there too. As for diverter controls, I have some old skool divertor from Dominator I think (SoCal power knows about these) and so far I wasn't impressed, but I still need to mess with it some more. My issue was it never really diverted up. All the way up was basically straight. The hardware under the boat is all straight out of 1987. No back cut shoe and I think it could come down a little more. I didn't play with ride plate angle, just put all the shims I had in and bolted it on. I was pressed for time. I did borrow a loader from a friend which worked out great. For off the trailer with no setup time at all, it ran better then the old boat for sure.
HBjet

TRG
09-06-2006, 07:12 AM
im not sure but is that your boat on the other thread running another guy on the right of you?? if so,...looked like you were gettin' it! :crossx:

HBjet
09-06-2006, 07:48 AM
im not sure but is that your boat on the other thread running another guy on the right of you?? if so,...looked like you were gettin' it! :crossx:
That's not me... sorry Todd. Nothing to work off of yet huh? :)
We'll line up. You let me know when your going to take that red rogers out again.
HBjet

TRG
09-06-2006, 08:45 PM
Danny's B-day at the end of the month, you know,...the 6th st. invitational! :rollside:

HBjet
09-06-2006, 10:16 PM
Danny's B-day at the end of the month, you know,...the 6th st. invitational! :rollside:
Is that where you want your spanking? lol.. j/k, your Rogers is the shnizzle and will smoke this slapped together blue boat I have. We'll see though. :idea:
HBjet

djdtpr
09-06-2006, 10:18 PM
Thanks to everyone that helped me out, I made it to the river... still with a few things to do which Cyclone raced to get ready as we pulled up at 11:30am Saturday morning. Once on the water, she ran great and we drove down to the CP deal all the way from Big River. What a great drive. Stopped at Lost Lake for some more fuel, but decided not to stop on the way back. It was such a trip to be driving this boat because of the history with it. It was really cool to cruise the lower river too as thats where I grew up between Lost Lake and Aha. We were pretty late getting to the cp event, but there were some nice boats and it was great to see them all together. I guess the odds were against me as some people didn't think I would make it. I'm glad I did, just wish I got there sooner. Sunday I took some passes in the boat and man is it quick. Certainly quicker and faster then the old boat. Not by much, put its moving and there were a few runs that felt (and I was told looked) like 100mph passes, but I didn't have a GPS so who knows. Either way I love the boat and it handled great. No setup at all on the pump hardware and this boat leaves better then my Liberty. So I'm happy about that.
I'm going to take some day trips to the lake just so I can drive it again. Let me know when you can go, and maybe we can get Hustler out there too.
HBjet
Randy the new ride turned out realy nice i am glad to hear that you had a blast in it its always nice to go to the river and nothave any problems and just enjoy you work and sweat.I hope to see you guys at the river before the summer is over.Have fun and enjoy.