PDA

View Full Version : 2007 SoCal Custom 19' Gull Wing

SoCal Power
09-05-2006, 10:59 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/141719GW.JPG
I am building these from the original Youngblood TX19 molds and are available in various stages; from intake only to complete installations. This bare hull is available now for $9000 plus intake installation (yours or SoCal provided). Or, as indicated, I will finish to any stage.
I also have the original Eliminator 19' Daytona molds and will be producing those also. The flat keel (bad) in the tunnel mold has been replaced with a Bennett designed keel (good).
My "resume" (if it matters)
American Marine - Mechanic
Jet Boat Service Center - Rigger/Mechanic
Eliminator Boats - Rigger
G.S. Marine - Rigger/Mechanic
Turn Key Marine - Rigger/Mechanic/Owner
Rigged 90% of the CPs from 1980 - 1995
951-233-7071 or PM me through HBFs......Dave Batista

disco_charger
09-05-2006, 11:02 AM
Were you a mechanic at American Marine down on Anaheim BLVD? What years?

SoCal Power
09-05-2006, 11:04 AM
Were you a mechanic at American Marine down on Anaheim BLVD? What years? Yes, parts runner at first then mechanic, 1976-79

3 daytona`s
09-05-2006, 04:33 PM
Dave check your PM`s

bkplesh
09-05-2006, 04:45 PM
how much for a eliminator and who does the glass work?

old rigger
09-05-2006, 04:54 PM
Hey, good luck Dave. Can't wait to see one in person.
For those of you who've never seen Dave's rigging work, it's first class. Always has been. :)

SoCal Power
09-05-2006, 08:16 PM
how much for a eliminator and who does the glass work?
$10K, West Coast does the glass work.

SoCal Power
09-05-2006, 08:21 PM
Hey, good luck Dave. Can't wait to see one in person.
For those of you who've never seen Dave's rigging work, it's first class. Always has been. :)
Thanks, I finally pulled the trigger on this venture and have gotten a pretty good response. db

mirrorimage
09-05-2006, 08:57 PM
right on ...i never thought the tx19 molds were still around .... now all i have to do is get the money together .....good luck with the biz ... hopefully ill get to chat with ya in the near future .... the burnt mexican ...

robertm
09-05-2006, 10:01 PM
do you know what year eliminator went away from the flat keil on the 19 daytona

SoCal Power
09-05-2006, 10:12 PM
do you know what year eliminator went away from the flat keil on the 19 daytona
I think Eliminator built their second mold (round keel) in the mid 80s and sold the one I have. I purchased it from Neil Emig (Predator Boats / San Diego High Performance Marine) a few months ago. Neil had the keel modified while he had it.

YeLLowBoaT
09-05-2006, 10:17 PM
Thats a nice looking boat. Just enough graphics to give it some style. I really hate the over done paint/gel coat look.

SoCal Power
09-06-2006, 06:32 AM
Thats a nice looking boat. Just enough graphics to give it some style. I really hate the over done paint/gel coat look.
Thanks for the comment YB......We wanted it to be clean and simple yet modern. I'm going to have to come up with something else pretty quick because I think this one will be gone this weekend!

WG789
09-06-2006, 01:10 PM
Dave Looks Good

Mike D..
09-06-2006, 07:19 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/141719GW.JPG
I am building these from the original Youngblood TX19 molds and are available in various stages; from intake only to complete installations. This bare hull is available now for $9000 plus intake installation (yours or SoCal provided). Or, as indicated, I will finish to any stage.
I also have the original Eliminator 19' Daytona molds and will be producing those also. The flat keel (bad) in the tunnel mold has been replaced with a Bennett designed keel (good).
My "resume" (if it matters)
American Marine - Mechanic
Jet Boat Service Center - Rigger/Mechanic
Eliminator Boats - Rigger
G.S. Marine - Rigger/Mechanic
Turn Key Marine - Rigger/Mechanic/Owner
Rigged 90% of the CPs from 1980 - 1995
951-233-7071 or PM me through HBFs......Dave Batista
who`s shadow is that in the water under the deck. looking good, better watch out might get busy soon, wheres my tunnel??

SoCal Power
09-07-2006, 09:48 AM
who`s shadow is that in the water under the deck. looking good, better watch out might get busy soon, wheres my tunnel??
I had a couple of kids hiding under the transom and slow burn was pushing up at the bow eye to get it float half way level. Funny stuff. Your tunnel is sitting in a resin drum somewhere. Let's finish the spec, next season will be here before you know it. Keep in mind we have lots of dirt bike riding ahead of us this winter too. I wish that cloning technology was further along.

Mike D..
09-07-2006, 01:18 PM
I had a couple of kids hiding under the transom and slow burn was pushing up at the bow eye to get it float half way level. Funny stuff. Your tunnel is sitting in a resin drum somewhere. Let's finish the spec, next season will be here before you know it. Keep in mind we have lots of dirt bike riding ahead of us this winter too. I wish that cloning technology was further along.
just have to teach more people the trade, hint hint :rollside:

mirrorimage
09-08-2006, 12:08 AM
thats thinking there... i would have called a couple of locals and stuffed them under the deck and up front pushing to get the effect ... but then again i dont want all of my family taking work from me lol..... :) :) :)

poncho-pwr
09-08-2006, 08:48 AM
Nice boat!

SoCal Power
09-08-2006, 11:21 AM
Nice boat!
Thanks, I wanted to stay away from the typical CP look. This one is still available. I sold one this morning with similar graphics but different colors.
Saw your post about the tunnels in JJ. Not sure about dimensional differences overall, but the daytona has a wider keel at the intake area. Reliefs have to be installed in high HP lightweight apps to reduce lift at the intake plane. The TPRs and Chys have the reliefs built in the mold or are inserts in the mold.
I have to think that they are pretty similar and it boils down to setup. Check out HTPs site and you can see what I mean in the pics that show the intake area.
db

SoCal Power
07-09-2007, 03:21 PM
This boat should be finally hitting the water in 2-3 weeks. Got a call today that there is an interested buyer so I thought I would bring this thread back towards the top to make it easier to find.

gunslinger
07-10-2007, 07:49 AM
How about some pics of that bad boy completed?

Bense468
07-10-2007, 01:17 PM
Whats up Dave. Good talking to you at the sandbar briefly. Good luck with the sell.