PDA

View Full Version : Today work, tomorrow Waikiki Hawaii

Nord
09-05-2006, 06:33 PM
I've got 1 and a half hours till I'm off to pack and leave for Hawaii tomorrow.
I've never been! Anyone have any need to do things or places to eat???
~NORD~

DILLIGAF
09-05-2006, 06:41 PM
~NORD~
Get to know a local or two and have them take you to some of the local places. If you are on Maui take the Road to Hanna. I rented a Harley and made the ride. hairy at times with the narrow roads but I had a blast.

Devil's Advocate
09-05-2006, 07:14 PM
~NORD~
I'm small and can be squeezed into one of the bigger bags you're bringing... :crossx:

beever_retreever
09-05-2006, 07:16 PM
You can try Alan Wong's Hawaii, Alan Wongs Pineapple Room, or Roy Yamaguchi's "Roy's". All are fancy hawaiian fusion which serve excellent seafood dishes. You can head to Dukes and enjoy some cocktails at sunset. If you head up to North Shore, you should check out Romy's shrimp stand for lunch and then Matsumoto's shave ice for a cool treat. The local joke there is to heap some shave ice on your spoon and flick it on your friends flip flops so their feet get all sticky. funny shit.
If you really want to go hardcore local - try Side Street Inn, which is next to Ala Moana Mall. It's freeking great. For Pizza, hit up Magoo's, cool hangout, lots of UH kids.

That Guy
09-05-2006, 07:17 PM
Hit up Dukes at the Outrigger...great place for drinks and to hang....have fun! :crossx:

TCN
09-05-2006, 07:39 PM
~NORD~
Definately hit up Dukes for drinks and atmosphere. If you are taking a lady go to Aaron's in Ala Moana. It's the top floor restaurant with an incredible view and the BEST service. It used to be called Nicholas Nikolas but they changed the name but same owners. Go to the North Shore, Sandy Beach, Hunama Bay for snorkeling is a must. It is really fun to rent mopeds and cruise the island because they are easy to park and you get to see alot. Check out the swap meet at Aloha Stadium for all your souveniers and don't forget Pearl Harbour. Have a good time. I love Hawaii but next time go to Maui. TCN

Nord
09-05-2006, 07:41 PM
Hit up Dukes at the Outrigger...great place for drinks and to hang....have fun! :crossx:
Thats where I'm staying!!! I'm glad we have a cool place at our hotel.
~NORD~

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-05-2006, 07:44 PM
Dave
I have never been but we are planning a trip there this next coming year. Great to hear you are getting to go for the first time. Enjoy yourself and have lots of fun.
See ya soon.

Nord
09-05-2006, 07:45 PM
Dave
I have never been but we are planning a trip there this next coming year. Great to hear you are getting to go for the first time. Enjoy yourself and have lots of fun.
See ya soon.
Thanks, its going to be a bunch of people for a buddy's wedding.
I'm out at 9!

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-05-2006, 07:46 PM
Thanks, its going to be a bunch of people for a buddy's wedding.
I'm out at 9!
stay safe. :)

TrojanDan
09-05-2006, 07:49 PM
Outrigger Hotels are a chain in Oahu. There are several. I just got back in this morning from a week in Maui.
Great wreck diving just offshore of Oahu if you're a diver.

isthismikeon?
09-05-2006, 07:51 PM
1. Do not go to Hilo Hatties.....unless you need red and white muu'muus. ( Its a gown for big gals)
2. Dont spit in the prevailing winds........................is this mike on?
Do rent a vehicle and take the trip to Hanama Bay. Get their early

Nord
09-05-2006, 07:52 PM
Outrigger Hotels are a chain in Oahu. There are several. I just got back in this morning from a week in Maui.
Great wreck diving just offshore of Oahu if you're a diver.
Yeah, I'm staying at the one with Dukes. (Outrigger Waikiki Beach)

Nord
09-05-2006, 07:56 PM
I'm out!!!!!!!!!!
Don't miss me too much ;)
~NORD OUT~

TrojanDan
09-05-2006, 07:57 PM
Sweet. It's an awesome location and great bar to people watch. I spent last Labor Day hanging out at that bar. Have fun. :cool:

PlyaPlya22
09-05-2006, 07:58 PM
Just got back in Mid July from a 10 day trip, had a great time. There are tons of tourist attractions. Make sure you get a look at Pearl Harbor adn the Arizona Memorial. These are great places to start. Good luck and have a great time!
Eric

havasu5150
09-05-2006, 08:33 PM
Haven't been there in 20 years. however...
1) Must see the USS Arizona Memorial
2) Snorkel in Hananuma (SP) bay
3) We partied at Moose McGillicutty's.....not sure if it's still there.