PDA

View Full Version : Ya Use Quick Lube Places? Maybe no more, Check this Video:

Trailer Park Casanova
09-05-2006, 06:55 PM
http://mfile.akamai.com/12924/wmv/vod.ibsys.com/2006/0503/9152183.200k.asx
I've always thought that the "sludge" problems in many new cars is because people are paying for oil changes, but not getting them.
Heres's proof.

riverroyal
09-05-2006, 06:58 PM
why i just hate everyone :rollside:

Trailer Park Casanova
09-05-2006, 06:59 PM
why i just hate everyone :rollside:
It does bring that our in us doesn't it.

deltaAce
09-05-2006, 07:46 PM
That T-Tech machine is bogus too. Your supposed to scrape the gunk off the bottom of the pan & change the filter also!

Rexone
09-05-2006, 07:58 PM
F jiffy lube and all those chains. Find a '"reputable independent" (yes there are a few). I do most my stuff myself and that which I don't do goes to someone I trust and know their background, customer service etc, not a jiffy lube for sure. I guess it helps to know whats up regarding cars too, I feel sorry for the average customer who has no clue what's under the hood and goes to these chains.
5 out of 9 jiffy lubes boned them.... not a very good average.

ThongMagnet
09-05-2006, 08:00 PM
I think there is going to be a large number of lawsuits. If I had a car serviced by them and had trouble, I'd go after them. They are nation wide. So I figure Jiffy lube will be shutting their doors soon.

YeLLowBoaT
09-05-2006, 08:04 PM
And mechanics always wonder why I always watch them when they working on my car...I always ask to see the old parts( CA state law says if you ask they must show them too you) I have a family friend that works for the state BAR... his job is to go around and find the skrew ups. Some of the storys he has told my are pricless.

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-05-2006, 08:08 PM
:jawdrop: looks like Jiffy lube is now getting the lube. :crossx:

MAINEVENT
09-05-2006, 08:14 PM
:jawdrop: looks like Jiffy lube is now getting the lube. :crossx:
Or Dry with No Spit even!!!!! :220v:

fleetimus
09-05-2006, 08:14 PM
My only comment is; I have been screwed by more customers than you would believe. I have an independent lube shop. We have to document everything!!!!! From windshield cracked on arrival to right back up lite in-op on arrival. 99% of our complaints are from first time customers.
I have turned away work because of the type of vehicle or the customer wanting a service that is not needed. Not all shops are crooked. But, you never hear about the good guys!!!
Ok, you can go back to ranting about crooked lube shops.

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-05-2006, 08:15 PM
Or Dry with No Spit even!!!!! :220v:
Ewwwww! LMAO!! :)

Mrs.Killer
09-05-2006, 08:22 PM
That sucks.....

KreatinKaos
09-05-2006, 08:26 PM
They shut down a few of the SEARs locations in Ct . for the same problems :crossx:

Rexone
09-05-2006, 08:30 PM
My only comment is; I have been screwed by more customers than you would believe. I have an independent lube shop. We have to document everything!!!!! From windshield cracked on arrival to right back up lite in-op on arrival. 99% of our complaints are from first time customers.
I have turned away work because of the type of vehicle or the customer wanting a service that is not needed. Not all shops are crooked. But, you never hear about the good guys!!!
Unfortunate but true. Like I said above though the independent shops such as yours are the only type I ever consider taking my vehicles to. It's unfortunate it's tough for the consumer to differentiate, and to get by all the big buck advertising companies like Jiffy Lube bombard them with. But that said, most the good independent shops I know of have more work than they can handle most the time.

Rexone
09-05-2006, 08:33 PM
his job is to go around and find the skrew ups. Some of the storys he has told my are pricless.
Screw ups are one thing. Shit happens.
But outright fraud by charging for and not doing is something different and any shop doing it should be shut down by the BAR imo.

Devil's Advocate
09-05-2006, 08:36 PM
Nice, my last oil change was from those aholes. :mad: Not anymore. And the next place I go I'll bring a chair and watch them do the work. Can't trust anyone these days.

YeLLowBoaT
09-05-2006, 08:45 PM
But outright fraud by charging for and not doing is something different and any shop doing it should be shut down by the BAR imo.
SKrew up in this case = frauds. One of my fav storys is where he took off one plug wire off of a honda civic( so it only had 3... you could see that it was missing one just by looking...) the shop told him he blew up the motor and needed it to be replaced. Needless to say that shop is not longer in biz...

YeLLowBoaT
09-05-2006, 08:50 PM
It should also be noted, he also has told me storys about him disconnecting a senor and only be charged $5 even after it has been hooked up to the computer for almost 30 mins. So there are both bad and good...

The Doctor
09-05-2006, 08:56 PM
If I want something done right, I have Paul or Buzzz do it?
Seems as if Jiffy Lube really does service their customers?

No Name
09-05-2006, 09:30 PM
This is the oldest game around.

NoCal NoBoat
09-05-2006, 09:42 PM
I just sent them an e-mail to tell them not to send me any more coupons...

QuickJet
09-05-2006, 11:40 PM
What's the e-mail address?
They are all crooks trying to make a quick buck. And from the looks of the tape, honesty in the company doesn't get any better with rank either.

Rexone
09-06-2006, 12:02 AM
I saw that on TV a couple months ago.
I was lmao at the manager lyin about who he was. Hope he's not still working there. Of course if not he's just workin somewhere else doin the same shit. Skumbag fleecers.

djunkie
09-06-2006, 02:39 AM
I used to work at one of these lube places when I was in High school. It was a Valvoline Instant Oil Change place. I stayed there for a month. Couldn't handle the incompetants I worked with. They don't require any mechanical background to get a job. You'd be amazed how many stripped oil plugs and transmission pan bolts I saw come out of there. DO NOT TAKE YOUR CARS TO THESE PLACES!!!! As Rex stated, shop around for an independant. Get refferals from people you know. And if they're just gonna do an oil change than watch them and act like you care. They will see that you are concerned and they will be extra cautious about working on your car.

callbob4homes
09-06-2006, 06:36 AM
If I want something done right, I have Paul or Buzzz do it?
Seems as if Jiffy Lube really does service their customers?
Hey Doc! welcome aboard.

Tom Brown
09-06-2006, 06:55 AM
Welcome to spamville. Population... you.
... the next place I go I'll bring a chair and watch them do the work. Can't trust anyone these days.
You can't watch around here. Insurance reasons. :D
I haven't been to a quick lube place since the 80s when a neighbor's son worked at one and told me some stories.
Find a '"reputable independent" (yes there are a few). I do most my stuff myself and that which I don't do goes to someone I trust and know their background, customer service etc, not a jiffy lube for sure.
I get Hoolign to do my oil changes. For the cost of an 8-ball, he'll even spin on a new filter. :cool:

catman-do
09-06-2006, 07:22 AM
I had Sears in Rancho Cucamonga do an oil change on my 04 dodge cummins. The morons only put 4 quarts back into the motor. I drove to havasu and back that weekend. Pulling off at milliken the motor threw three rods, i guess since they didnt put enough oil back in the oil that was in there had burned up fairly quickly. Lucky for me ive got friends at dodge!!! Got a new long block. Sears district rep got a copy of the paperwork and pics...

Tom Brown
09-06-2006, 07:36 AM
I had the guys at the Nissan dealership change my oil a couple of times but both times, they over filled the hell out of it. I don't mind if it's a wee bit over the full line but they nailed it way up the stick. It probably helped with my windage problems. :D
I always check any work someone else does.
Those were great conversations, by the way. It would start with the service manager telling me that the filter wasn't full yet, and that it would be at the perfect level once I've driven around a while. Then when I ask if they pushed my car from the lube bay to customer parking, he would explain to me how they have a chart with the exact quantity of oil required for each car and their machine can't fill beyond the correct level.
Now I do my own shit.

Krazy K
09-06-2006, 07:54 AM
Even though I can't see the video, I've been doing my own oil changes myself ever since an idiot at Econo Lube-n-Tune didn't tighten down the filter and it blew oil all over the engine bay! That was about 13 years ago...

Ziggy
09-06-2006, 07:57 AM
Why not take it to the dealer who has the most current equipment and best trained techs to work on your cars? We spend more on training, equipment and the right person to be in these jobs. Liability to shortchange a customer is too risky for dealers to attempt.
So we might be a bit more expensive than some independants, but I've seen on numerous occassions where we have been less expensive and more comprehensive in what is/was done. A 60k service at an Independant usually does not cover all the same checks, oh thats extra. :)
Or buy one of my brand of cars that come with free maintenance coverage. :rollside:
not to mention how many drainplugs and other stuff we have to fix after some lube joint phucks it up :rolleyes: .......on second thought, keep taking it there..:D:D

socalmoney
09-06-2006, 07:59 AM
Wow, they are even calling us Men idiots in this press release.
Men Not Necessarily More Car-Care Savvy Than Women
Spots Survey shows both sexes fall short in preventive maintenance knowledge (This makes it easy for us to rip you off)
clickhere for more (http://www.jiffylube.com/Common/DisplayContent.aspx?SiteSection=4&SubSection=3&Status=0&File=/content/corporatepresskits/release_2006_05_10_carcare_.htm)

Tom Brown
09-06-2006, 08:06 AM
Why not take it to the dealer who has the most current equipment and best trained techs to work on your cars?
Some dealers are jack holes, as per my post. I'm sure if I bought a new Nissan from those clowns, and it wouldn't start, they would have the service manager explain to me how Nissan uses sophisticated electronic engine management systems to ensure their cars will always start.
That's great but bullshit won't get me to work in the morning.
If I knew a good shop... any shop... dealer or otherwise... I sure wouldn't be doing my own shit.
not to mention how many drainplugs and other stuff we have to fix after some lube joint phucks it up :rolleyes: .......on second thought, keep taking it there..:D:D
I didn't know about the drain plug thing until my neighbor's son told me about it. They've got an over sized self-tapping plug that twists in like a big screw. He said that if they strip the factory plug [I can't imagine how they could do that with hand tools] or can't find the plug in about 5 seconds, they spin one of those bad bitches in. Beautiful. :D

AirtimeLavey
09-06-2006, 08:26 AM
:mad: Fockers...the place I go to/used to go to was at a local car wash. They'd check the tire pressures, and after the last two times there, I checked the pressures, and they were all jacked up. 35 in the LF, 41 in RR, etc. Idiots. I always tried to watch their work, but you just never know. Then, I pay for syn., and the guy grabs a hose he just used in another car, and I say that's syn., right? Oops. No mas. Prob. just stick w/dealer from now on, just hate dealing with the scheduling hassle. :yuk:

3 daytona`s
09-06-2006, 09:21 AM
Hey Mike!! the sickening thing about deals like these it`s one thing for younger people who aren`t mechanical for whatever reason and the elderly who are forced to trust in every aspect of their life.These people were hard working contributions to our society.The greed is incredible making a fair.or outrageous fee then not even doing the job.I don`t think Jiffy Lube handled this well.The old saying word of mouth can be your best or worst advertisement. :confused: